Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

BJJ, Aikido, Shing Yi, Pa Gua or Ninjitsu?

What if all the teachers are all top notch and world class!!

I can't be forced to make these type of decisions!!

Aikido is better.

Michael Learner does Aikido so that is a clear sign from the Tao I will go with Aikido over Bagua, Xingi, BJJ...or ninjitsu(the revenge!)

Ok..let this issue die forever.

Depends on what your goal(s) is/are and how long you are willing to wait for them to come to fruition. For example:

If your goal is to be very effective at defending yourself in 90% of all physical confrontations within a year or two (depending on how fast you learn/aptitude), go for a modernized version of wingchun kungfu mixed with BJJ or some submission wrestling... or basically MMA in some flavor.

If your goal is to learn how to effectively end any physical confrontation quickly by killing your opponent (hopefully not your intent) then Ninjitsu or something along those lines.

For a combination of the physical with more internal development which takes longer to manifest itself in actual practical physical self-defense in realistic street combat, then one of the more traditional form based Kung fu, Aikido, Tai Chi, etc.

IMHO

Can we please for the love of Heaven and Earth let this issue die?

Do whatever art you like to do.

Ok..no more Cameron drama about what the supreme ultimate art for all Taoist practitioners is.

Thank You.

Oh for goodness sakes

Bagua and Hsing I.

Cameron asks "Which art is best?"

Lets have some definition of the terms of your question please!!!

or, never mind just do Bagua and/or Hsing I.

Funny. I haven't done Bagua training for a while. Had a dream last night where I was doing circle walking in the millstone position while my teacher and old chinese lady in her 70's was teaching some other female disciples as I did my circle walking. Seems to have been taking place in a park in China. Later I demonstrated my coiling and releasing power to a white guy (might have been Mike Patterson) while walking down the street. What does it mean?

IF I had a high level, or even a medium level Bagua guy to study with I would do it in a second.

Meanwhile, I will do my best to download what I can from the dream state....

ramble, ramble.

Zhaobao Taiji for now is good enough.

Cheers

Craig

Sign in to follow this