lessdaomorebum

I would like to delete my account

Hi,

I would like to delete my account here. You can keep the content, I just don't want to be part of TDB, like before I signed up.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Hi,

I would like to delete my account here. You can keep the content, I just don't want to be part of TDB, like before I signed up.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Quickest approach is to go into your Profile, select Notifications, and clear the checkboxes.

• Like 1

Hi,

How do I do this?

Thanks!

We don't really delete accounts... you can either just not come back or we can 'ban' it.

I'd prefer that you just take some time and decide when and/or if to come back.   :)

• Like 5

I feel your pain.

Despite the huge amount of people on here who know everything and speak as if experts after having read a few books and doing a set of exercises for 6 months, you can find some useful information every now and again.

It's not anyone fault really if they have not experienced the real thing. And unfortunately so many books are just so wrong. People are doing exercises that cause damage, thinking they are making progress. 

I feel heat there, and vibration there. Surely the more i feel, the more qi is moving and the more progress I am making. The opposite it true in almost all cases.

I just sit and imagine this energy flowing and now of course, qi is also flowing. I just focus on the dantian and I have qi. My dantian is active from the start. Qi is magical and so is the dantian. An energy vortex, that is not physical, somehow it just exists. I can spin it and move it around. I could go on, but why bother.

Alas, what can you do. This place is where people come to learn and discuss. If everyone who knew some truth left because of all the untruth, people in the west will forever think that "powers" are unique to special hidden lineages with some secret exercises. Instead of the plain truth that a real qigong or neigong system will result in what others call powers. Powers are just having qi in my opinion. It's a skill that comes from correct training, not a power, not a siddhi, just a skill. Those special secret exercises are merely the correct foundation exercises that is missing from almost every system in the west.

Then again, i am just someone who thinks he knows a lot and talks nonsense in other peoples eyes on here. 

A long time ago someone convinced me to hang around. And i think there is always a reason for everything. I hope you hang around too. Sometimes we find wonderful answers in places we thought were barren of any real truth. 

I didn't know you were still here. Please accept my condolences on your teacher's passing.

if you don't mind sharing what made you want to leave the site?

I keep completely rewriting my answer . . . third try:

The only thing worse than trolls are real people who are as bad as trolls because they don't bother to read your post or have any critical thinking skills.

Another thing is that for most people here, qi is a religion. They just believe it and get defensive if you ask about it. If I ask a weight lifter why he does a certain routine, he's not going to get angry at me. He'll tell me the rationale behind it. If he's been doing it a while he will tell me what tangible results he has gotten. That is not allowed with the qi-ists.

There is also the problem of how much complete disagreement there is in the teaching and study of chee gong. What's worse, is that it is most often not even acknowledged as a real problem. One teacher says do it this way. Another teacher says whatever you do, don't do it this way. I can't think of another field where the most basic tenets are so disagreed upon. In other fields, the experts disagree about minutiae, not fundamentals.

It's all just useless whining on my part, I know. But you asked why ;)

• Like 4

We don't really delete accounts... you can either just not come back or we can 'ban' it.

I'd prefer that you just take some time and decide when and/or if to come back.   :)

Fair enough.

• Like 1

I agree with Lessdaomorebum I have been here since June 2016 and would say that I have encountered immature, argumentative, punishing, alienating, controlling, and in fighing persons in my journey here. I have narrowed my attention given to two other men close to my age, Karl and MH. I have seen Karl  harrased and made fun of. MH has provided clinical evidence to support his argument on my Post, only to be met with your wrong and I will tell you why. Even with my mediation and intervention and suggestion that points of view does not make you right and I am wrong. It is just what it is, and enjoy it as a teachable moment.

I too think that those that talk about Chi think that they have something special that sets them apart form the rest of the crowd. I think that they want the easier softer way to doing the necessary work that it takes to learn or Master anything. They are "posers." They are annoyingly juvenile. If Karl and MH disappeared there would not be a reason for me to stay on.

For a person to want to change it has to be painful enough to change. These guys are just Face Booking.

The reason I stay on is because I see it as service work, and an opportunity to learn from those that are willing to give it away without taking my questions and answers personally.

Edited by Jim D.

I agree with Lessdaomorebum I have been here since June 2016 and would say that I have encountered immature, argumentative, punishing, alienating, controlling, and in fighing persons in my journey here. 

I´ve met those kinds of people here too.  But I´ve also met incredibly knowledgable people who are happy to share what they know.  Fortunately, it´s very easy to tell the difference.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

I´ve met those kinds of people here too.  But I´ve also met incredibly knowledgable people who are happy to share what they know.  Fortunately, it´s very easy to tell the difference.

I can tell the difference immediately when I ask the respondent to provide evidence backing their comment. Most of what I get are opinions, and that is obvious. When a person makes it personal I know that they are backed into a corner called phoney...and that makes them uncomfortable. I will be happily tell a person that I do not know. I will gratefully help a person with my experience, strenght and hope that I have come to know. But I won't pretend to know something I don't know.

The real question lies in this, how do you open someones mind to the possibility of not being as advanced as they think, the possibility of not having a dantian or qi, the possibility that the dantians they perceive so readily are merely chakras, to the possibility that they could be wrong.

Wait until the Dr. Strange movie comes out.  Think its bad now, after that we'll get a new wave of people looking for Shangrila and the hidden master's looking for the them, The Special One, who'll they'll teach as fast an 80's movie montage, going from rookie to master in 3 minutes, depending on the music theme.

I am curious, Jim D. Are you familiar with neurolinguistic programming? Think you would recognize when you encountered it?

Just wondering.

• Like 1

JIm Jones thought the same thing when he surprised about the number of followers he attracted.

A question I would like to answered as a businessman is this: Do the owners of the Doa Bums gain financially by the site and the number of comments made, you know like Youtube? Maybe that is how it is that better screening protocols are not in place. If the owner is interested in numbers than the market should be geared toward  younger persons. But if the mission of the owner is to attract real, academic, spiritually practicing, Tai Chi practicing, Chi Gong practicing then there should be a standard baseline for acceptance. Like University entrance standards.

But if it is about money, then numbers would be more important. I can understand that. That is how it is that I got out of the business sector, and mental health sector and went solo. It became a numbers and money game. They forgot about the patient their real reason for getting into the field.

Wait until the Dr. Strange movie comes out.  Think its bad now, after that we'll get a new wave of people looking for Shangrila and the hidden master's looking for the them, The Special One, who'll they'll teach as fast an 80's movie montage, going from rookie to master in 3 minutes, depending on the music theme.

There is a Dr Strange movie coming out .....   my favorite comic book 'hero'  of my wasted youth !   And Shangri-la ....  O come on thelearner  . . .  we already have solved that one !  

shambhala.jpg

pamir_med.jpg

PamirBoundaries.jpg

• Like 1

I am curious, Jim D. Are you familiar with neurolinguistic programming? Think you would recognize when you encountered it?

Just wondering.

Never heard of it. I am a Master in Health Science with a track in Substance Abuse, and Licencsed as a Clincial Professional Counselor. At the Master's Level I never encountered this technique. But I now understand how it has  not popular since the 70's. It met with overwhelming criticism because there was no scientific evidence supporting the self proclaimed efficacy of such a technique. I suppose some hypnotherapist may try and use it today. And there are some consumers silly enough to pay for it. But the Managed Care Panels I am on will not reimburse because there is not CPT coding for it, because it has not proven to work and therefore not in the DSM IV Diagnostic nd Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fith Edition. American Psychiatirc Association.  Thanks.  

JIm Jones thought the same thing when he surprised about the number of followers he attracted.

A question I would like to answered as a businessman is this: Do the owners of the Doa Bums gain financially by the site and the number of comments made, you know like Youtube? Maybe that is how it is that better screening protocols are not in place. If the owner is interested in numbers than the market should be geared toward  younger persons. But if the mission of the owner is to attract real, academic, spiritually practicing, Tai Chi practicing, Chi Gong practicing then there should be a standard baseline for acceptance. Like University entrance standards.

But if it is about money, then numbers would be more important. I can understand that. That is how it is that I got out of the business sector, and mental health sector and went solo. It became a numbers and money game. They forgot about the patient their real reason for getting into the field.

IMO, none of the above represents how this all started...   but others could likely say more.

• Like 3

Never heard of it. I am a Master in Health Science with a track in Substance Abuse, and Licencsed as a Clincial Professional Counselor. At the Master's Level I never encountered this technique. But I now understand how it has not popular since the 70's. It met with overwhelming criticism because there was no scientific evidence supporting the self proclaimed efficacy of such a technique. I suppose some hypnotherapist may try and use it today. And there are some consumers silly enough to pay for it. But the Managed Care Panels I am on will not reimburse because there is not CPT coding for it, because it has not proven to work and therefore not in the DSM IV Diagnostic nd Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fith Edition. American Psychiatirc Association. Thanks.

That's a very interesting response.

Thanks!

• Like 2

That is how it is that the picture you chose to tag your identity is so humorous for me. I can just imagine the guy using your words to express his thoughts. It is incredibly funny. The guy looks like a few patients I have encountered in Elgin State Mental Hospital. :)

I´m not in a position to know personally, but I´ve always gotten a very public-service vibe from Dao Bums.

Guess it´s like anywhere: you discover who you enjoy talking with, who has something to teach you, whose opinion you respect -- and those are the people you hang with.  To the pit (metaphorically and/or literally) with everyone else.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

That is how it is that the picture you chose to tag your identity is so humorous for me. I can just imagine the guy using your words to express his thoughts. It is incredibly funny. The guy looks like a few patients I have encountered in Elgin State Mental Hospital. :)

Oh, I have considerable experience with the chronically mentally ill. ;)

Have you seen the movie? The Life of Brian?

• Like 2

Well, I am just about ready to deny lessdaomorebum permission to stop posting and/or leaving TheDaoBums.

He still has more work to do on patience and flexibility.

• Like 3