Sign in to follow this  
Brian

British Dogs?

A casual query of the Internet a bit ago revealed lots of examples of dogs (ordinary canine pets) running into fires to save people and other loved ones -- puppies, kittens, even a ferret in one instance. Not just being trapped inside with a sleeping human and waking them in order to save themselves (although LOTS of instances of that, too) but dogs already safely outside returning, sometimes more than once, to rescue someone, often suffering injuries in the process. Across the US, in Canada, Chile, Australia -- lots of places. Curiously, I found no examples from the UK. Now, granted, I only spent about two minutes on this but it seemed curious to me that the person who motivated this by proclaiming dogs cannot do this because it would be in violation of their nature and therefore inconceivable happens to be British (I won't name names...)

Are British dogs unable to make decisions? Do they not care about their families? Are they sociopathic? What's going on here??? Inquiring minds want to know.

:)

• Like 2

British dogs are Objectivist by nature and live their lives according to rational self Interest. :D

• Like 2

My family was blessed with a Dalmation when I was young. My parents had started a large compost pile on our large patio but after awhile they decided to just burn it.

Tathy (that is the name we gave her) went into the smoldering fire and brought out one or two tiny wiggly creatures several times.

Five tiny little things in all - hairless and with their noses pushed back a bit we had no idea what they were. We fed them well into the night with an eye dropper full of milk - three of them lived.

They were baby rabbits.

She had taken them into her mouth and laid them on the doorstep one after another - pretty much from the middle of the fire and smoke - it was like watching a movie at the time but very surreal - watching our "Fire" dog going into and out of the fire very intently and quickly and dropping little bits off at the door - then finding that they were live little bits!

• Like 4

For the most part, and with some exceptions, I would say British people love their dogs more than they love their children and stories abound with the heroic and sometimes funny exploits of dogs who reciprocate that love.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this