dwai

Rays of the Absolute

Dwai,  Does this teacher say much about Shakti in his various talks, for me the Absolute is absolutely connected to Shakti along with Siva's drum never that ceases...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Dwai,  Does this teacher say much about Shakti in his various talks, for me the Absolute is absolutely connected to Shakti along with Siva's drum never that ceases...

Hi Bob,

Maharaj's teachings are about Self discovery and Self inquiry. He does not talk about Lord Shiva or Shakti. He only talks about first identifying then being in the "I am"-ness (Pure Being) and then further, the "absolute principle" which remains after even the "I am"-ness dissolves.

• Like 2

The "vital breath" is perhaps the closest that Nisargadatta came to the concept of "shakti".

Actually, this quite surprised me when I read this book 5 years ago...

From "The Ultimate Medicine as prescribed by Nisargadatta Maharaj

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Medicine-Dialogues-Realized-Master-ebook/dp/B004ZZKSD0/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=#nav-subnav

Epilogue

Maharaj: The sum and substance of my teaching is this: Don't be dishonest to your vital breath; worship that only, abide in that only, accept it as yourself. And when you worship in this manner, it can lead you anywhere, to any heights—this is the quintessence of my talks.

Presently, you are to be identified with the vital breath. Then you will realize, like the sweetness in sugar cane, that this touch of "I-am-ness," which is dwelling in the vital breath, will open up. So understand these words, this advice. Assimilate it, and so long as the vital breath is flowing through you, abide in that. If the vital breath is there, you are there and so is Ishwara. In such simplified fashion, nobody has expounded this profound knowledge.

15 July 1980

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 2

Nice quote TI, and so he mentions Ishwara.  Btw, you sure make a wide range of interesting quotes...

Edited by 3bob

curing what ails me....not sure if NM can heal inflammatory bowel or my incessant need for comfort.

I began watching the video....ha....alittle more less interesting and more complex than john butler. this is material that is not easily assimilated.

NOT that each video HERE needs to please ME, by any means.

I am at the assumption that you found NM to be a wonderful message and you would like to share that.

I have the I am That book and it is a doozy.

three hours long video. I wonder if it is steve wollinsky reading each passage in monotony?:-)

I like the title rays of the absolute.

just to keep it clear!

brilliant! you and netti netti and oak certainly resonate.:-)

great minds do not think alike!

Edited by sagebrush

Sorry to hear that. I suffered from a hyperactive thyroid once upon a time. In retrospect, it wasn't until I let go of being devious, began honestly expressing myself(telling the truth) and actually listening to people that I saw improvement. Eventually, I was cured. Have you tried a holistic(mind soul & body) approach? Not to say yours is as my experience, but perhaps there are underlying imbalanced psycho-spiritual issues contributing to and/or causing the discomfort. Anxiety? Self-victimizing? Or perhaps not.

The true Guru diverts your attention inward.

I think viewing this as something to be assimilated is inaccurate, although immersing oneself in the teachings can be considered devotional... but the way of knowledge doesn't necessarily imply an absorption of facts about theories and methodologies.

This is a matter of arriving at an understanding of basic principles, which become catalysts to unravel the conditioned mind and all its erroneous preconceptions about reality... and ultimately, oneself. Thus the way of knowledge is the final stop, an undoing of the false "I". "You are the destination."

The 3hr vid I shared is a Geeta or "song" for Nisargadatta, which is a combination reading of various sources along similar veins of thought, including the author's insights. I find it to be a very specific treatment for the ego, in that it has no place to run and must take a big gulp of nasty medicine. The Ultimate Medicine! :D

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 1