SoverMan

Honored to be here

Although as a young man i practiced martial arts of Northern Shaolin, its been many years since. I am 53 now and after going thru some challenging life shifts I feel compelled to study on earnest spiritual practice. Not being drawn to yoga and such. Daoist arts seem appropriate. I've been thru some of the conventional new agey, self help books of the day yet found no real connection. I was introduced recently to a popular chigung practice(i won't share the name though I feel most would be familiar with it) which taught for free around my city(nyc). I found it more than a bit cultish and just a not so good feel. My nature is to be free and awake, not beholden to a Master and such. Perhaps I am being naive...I don't know. I seek direction. I've heard many names of late. Serge August and Dao Mitchell to name a few. I live in NYC and not sure where to start. Is distance learning actually good? I look forward to learning more.

Hello SoverMan, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi SoverMan,

I'm sure you will find much here that speaks to your interests.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1