Sign in to follow this  
Oneironaut

Why does reiki make spiritual progress exponentially faster?

While in traditional qigong forms progress can take many many years of diligent practice and study, in reiki progress takes up to one year. I've heard of reiki masters opening up their microcosmic orbits in 15 minutes time. Qigong practitioners can take up to two years in opening up their microcosmic orbits.

Why is this the case? When I speak of reiki I mean it in its original form consisting of three levels (shoden, okuden, shinpiden).

Edited by Oneironaut
  • Like 1

Rest assured, qigong masters open their MCO in "15 minutes time" too.

Reiki is a small subset of much larger set of knowledge.

It is like one specific part.

So reiki people are reaching their objectives, and so are qigong people.

-VonKrankenhaus

For a few reasons.

The main reason - reiki is a subset.

Another is that most modern qigong students are having what I would call very slow progress because of their condition.

Most modern people, for example, have a pre-cancerous condition. Many have been given allergies and autoimmune issues from vaccinations. Many are diabetic or pre-diabetic. They are eating chemicals and plastic that impair hormonal functions. 70% of the people in US are on prescription medications. A huge number of them are autistic.

They do better with simpler tasks.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Sounds like bullshit to me. Most of the Reiki practitioners i've meant i found unimpressive. There have been exceptions. 

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

In the city I grew up in, I am friends and a former student with the first Reiki teacher to ever set foot there. She still teaches there, has been for 40 years now. I became a "reiki master" through the usual weekend courses with her. I've abandoned the practice because I don't find it very useful and it's not my path, but it got me on the trail to other things so I appreciate it. Healing the hands is possible for anyone, you don't need special initiations.

The majority of Reiki people I've met are totally mundane. I would count most of them as part of that modern clique who really want special powers, without putting in much work. Many have compassion and want to help others but it's in a misguided way. They're not really doing any harm I suppose, but they're not accomplishing much either. That said, this teacher I know is amazing. She has taken the practice of Reiki and used it to cultivate loving compassion, service, and non-violence in her life across all areas. Every now and then you meet new agers who are cultivated. They're not common, but they do exist. She is cultivated to the point that I don't believe she is doing Reiki in her treatments anymore, but something else -- though she would still frame it as "Reiki".

I also agree that Reiki is a subset of a much larger practice. Even as a teenager I felt that the system was incomplete.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 4

There is no exponential growth in Reiki.
Its more like diminishing returns. It gives you a good grace period with a big jump in ability (if you are new to this stuff) and once the more basic stuff like channels opening, getting good heat coming through and possibly triggering some nifty inner experiences is done, it slows right down.  After that each new and seemingly smaller achievement is only won through practice practice practice.   Over the years it can still all add up to a pretty solid practitioner.

I want to add though that I have seen some pretty miraculous healings over the years, and exactly none of them have been from Reiki.  

Comparing Reiki 'Masters' and the couple of weekend workshops they did to Qigong Masters and their years and years of practice in deeply sophisticated multifaceted traditions, is like comparing a macdonalds burger to something on Master-chef except the master chef meal can also set things on fire with its mind.

Qigong also requires constant practice, but if you find a good one, wow! Its hard to know what the limit is, if one exists, in how far it can take you.

• Like 2

While in traditional qigong forms progress can take many many years of diligent practice and study, in reiki progress takes up to one year. I've heard of reiki masters opening up their microcosmic orbits in 15 minutes time. Qigong practitioners can take up to two years in opening up their microcosmic orbits.

Why is this the case? When I speak of reiki I mean it in its original form consisting of three levels (shoden, okuden, shinpiden).

I think the important thing here is that you are making a gratuitous assertion and asking why it is true.

Some of us don't accept your assertion, therefore it is meaningless to discuss why it is true.

The same thing goes for Max Christensen's practices.

Don't believe everything you hear or read, even among spiritual and energetic practitioners.

• Like 5

Reiki is a small subset of much larger set of knowledge.

The main reason - reiki is a subset.

Subset of which system / set of knowledge ...? 

Edited by Jox

Its more like diminishing returns. It gives you a good grace period with a big jump in ability (if you are new to this stuff) and once the more basic stuff like channels opening, getting good heat coming through and possibly triggering some nifty inner experiences is done, it slows right down. 

This makes much more sense. A big jump in ability in the beginning followed by stagnation later on. I hear of beginners in qigong taking many years before they can even sense ki. By reiki 2 (okuden) people experience ki and even more so by shinpiden (level 3). 

I'm not implying that reiki is the best energy system since the beginning of time. I only wanted to know why initial results tend to be much faster for absolute beginners compared to other systems. Is it the attunements? 

Edited by Oneironaut

There are good western MD's and crappy ones. I've trained with good Bowen therapists and rubbish ones. I'm assuming the same with Reiki practitioners.

I've always wanted to try reiki. As well as osteopath and craniosacral therapy. I wonder if i could go and claim it on tax as research :)

I think the important thing here is that you are making a gratuitous assertion and asking why it is true.

Some of us don't accept your assertion, therefore it is meaningless to discuss why it is true.

The same thing goes for Max Christensen's practices.

Don't believe everything you hear or read, even among spiritual and energetic practitioners.

Could you please elaborate on your statement?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this