Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

A governor wanting an authoritarian in the Oval Office. I doubt he even understands what one is.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141594237

LePage Says 'We Need A Donald Trump To Show Some Authoritarian Power'Source: Talking Points Memo

Maine Gov. Paul LePage ® praised Donald Trump as a leader who would "show some authoritarian power" on Tuesday, even as he slammed President Barack Obama as an "autocrat."

"We need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country and bring back the rule of law," LePage said in an interview with Maine radio station WVOM. He went on to compare Trump to Obama, decrying the President as "an autocrat" who ignores Congress and "just does it on his own."

As Maine's Sun Journal newspaper noted, the dictionary defines "autocrat" as a person who behaves in an authoritarian manner. LePage was seemingly unconcerned by Trump’s comments about forcing himself on women in a 2005 video that resurfaced last week, but conceded that Trump is not the "ideal guy I'd want my daughter going after.”

Lauren LePage, the Maine governor’s daughter, was hired in August by the Trump campaign as state coalitions director.

###

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lepage-trump-authoritarian-obama-autocrat

You are nothing but a troll and didn't listen to the audio. I listened to it.There are any number of women who have filed lawsuits against him for this kind of behavior.

I saw the whole thing if was fIlmed once he left the van. It's pathetic tattle and unworthy of inclusion in the campaign, but Hillary will be Hillary. I wonder how much digging they had to do to get that one piece of nothing at all ? I wonder what it cost to trawl through thousand of audio files looking for any little thing and that was all they could come up with. Meanwhile thousands and thousands of Clintons emails emerge which demonstrates her modus operandi - she tells one thing to the public and one thing to Wall Street. Sanders wanted those emails released because it shows she is a Wall Street schill prepared to do anything for cash and say anything for votes.

The more I see of this campaign the more I warm to Trump, which is exactly what the voters will feel. The more the establishment closes ranks and tries to smear him, the greater becomes his popularity. "If you strike me down Darth I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".

Clinton should be fighting on policies, but that's all gone up in smoke she is tied to playing Trumps game whilst getting thumped hard. She isn't honest or credible.

Fake morality. but then again thats what we idolize. Fake outrage over words caught up in the quagmire of shit throwing until one doesnt know wether they are coming or going. he said she said until the actual platforms either one is running on are nothing but vague shadows in the ether. a nd the beat goes on....no worries. we all can go back to sleep after november and remember or forget it was all a bad dream, or in this case a play. Dance puppets dance!!!

• Like 2

Fake morality. but then again thats what we idolize. Fake outrage over words caught up in the quagmire of shit throwing until one doesnt know wether they are coming or going. he said she said until the actual platforms either one is running on are nothing but vague shadows in the ether. a nd the beat goes on....no worries. we all can go back to sleep after november and remember or forget it was all a bad dream, or in this case a play. Dance puppets dance!!!

Manufactured morality. This has been going on for decades. Actions mean nothing, its all predicated on what is said because it's live infotainment. One smudge to cover a massive ink blot. There are no moral absolutes anymore so the press and politicians just make it up on the run. Kissing a baby can range from paedophillia to a caring democrat. Play the narrative, what gets the young lefty SJW up on a morning, a bit of cash from Soros and making a home made plaque emblazoned with Nazi, Mysogenist or whatever gets the deluded too hot under their cheesecloth shirts.

This is the same with Brexit, feed the narrative to the young and they will fix it, but our youngsters were fair weather protesters, there really isn't any glamour about going into a polling booth especially if you haven't bothered registering to vote and the Nintendo and weed are a force stronger than Star Wars force can manage.

Hillary isn't popular except in asset bubble America where the wealthy have done spectacularly well and the middle class have been kicked into the gutter. Trump seems to garner massive rallies of people that know how to speak and not grunt' black lives matter, or Nazi.'

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

I saw that on Guido. Very good. You may have got some of your comedic integrity back :-) no more slipping and posting Hishit propaganda ;-)

Edited by Karl

Never said it was sacred ground and I am in no way promoting a puritanical point of view. Further, Bill and Monica were between two consenting adults and compare that to Trump and his admitted sex crimes against women. Please read my post regarding the legalities. If you don't understand the law in this regard, then read and think.

two consenting adults?  give me a fkn break.  you, I, anyone else, has sex AT WORK, ON WORK TIME, we are fkn FIRED.  not to mention the whole cheating thing, and anyway, what about bill's actual rapes, nevermind the simple consenting shit that still would get any one of us plebes fired?

All the Trump shills posting here believe and approve of a President who seeks to use the office for personal vendettas, ignorance as to how the three branches of government work, unwilling to reveal his finances/taxes, sex crimes, fascinated with the use of nukes and so forth. What a pity!

personal vendetta?  unreal.  she's a criminal and there's evidence of her criminality.  period.  lock 'er up.  whether its teresa or hillary, lock the bitch up.

Sessions is a joke.

161011-jeff-sessions-sexual-assault_zpsk

of course this guy is so used to just saying anything to appear....."not wrong and not throw donald under the bus yet still play the media's word games"? 

apparently, nobody else ever talks and says whacked out things or one ups it saying even more whacked out things.  grab her by the arm, by the shoulder, by the ass, if you're talking shit, what's more whacked out than the holy of all holies?

get that bullshit out of here acting like he seriously believes that and actually DOES that.

but hillary laughing about the 12 year old after her rape, or hillary attacking all the women that bill assaulted,  nah, that;s no problem in comparison!?

wtf's the matter with you people that the news fkn wags you like this?  unreal. 

• Like 1

For all you goose stepping Trump shills. You are aiding and abetting the destruction of democratic institutions by your incessant need for an authoritarian monarch.

goose_step_1289913c.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/world/americas/united-states-democracy-clinton-trump.html?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

Trump’s Threat to Jail Clinton Also Targets Democracy’s Institutions

When Donald J. Trump told Hillary Clinton at Sunday’s presidential debate that if he were president, “you’d be in jail,” he was threatening more than just his opponent. He was suggesting that he would strip power from the institutions that normally enforce the law, investing it instead in himself.

Political scientists who study troubled democracies abroad say this is a tactic typical of elected leaders who pull down their systems from within: former President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela, President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, the fascist leaders of 1930s Europe.

Today’s United States, unlike the countries in those cases, has strong institutions and norms that prevent any president from going that far, these experts stress. But Mr. Trump’s threat to jail his opponent for her deletion of thousands of emails sent from a private server while she was secretary of state, they warned in interviews on Monday, would chip away at the things that make American democracy so resilient.

Mr. Trump’s comment was “a threat to the rule of law, a threat to the stability of our institutions, a threat to basic agreements that are necessary for democracy to function,” said Adrienne LeBas, a political scientist at American University.

Continue reading the main story

“For those of us who work on authoritarian regimes and hybrid regimes,” she added, referring to a kind of government midway between democracy and dictatorship, such as Turkey, “this sort of thing is just eerily familiar.”

Mr. Trump’s remark, then, could be interpreted as a threat not only to Mrs. Clinton, but also to the police agencies, prosecutors and courts that normally apply the law. By suggesting that he alone could determine her fate — appointing a special prosecutor on a case the F.B.I. has already dismissed and predetermining the outcome — Mr. Trump seemed to disregard these institutions as illegitimate.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Les Deplorable's - the manipulated, dumb chicken citizen that appears to the establishment as if it's malfunctioning and walking out of the battery farm.

I just watched BBC newsnight and I see the same passion that fed Brexit victory. Essentially it ain't working for a big chunk of the USA and they want change. Hillary can't offer it, just as the EU couldn't offer it. I see the pained faces and hear the voices cracking with that same deep emotion. This isn't the shouting of whipped up extremist, it is the small businessman, the line worker, the mum at home, the father struggling to make ends meet and pensioners that have lost their life savings as a result of low interest rates.

These are the same people saying the same things we heard in interview after interview outside of artificially wealthy London. The press have burnt their boats and the politicians are all liars. Only Trump offers something new, something with some risk attached, but nothing worse than Clinton. Ignore the bubble politics of tit for tat mud slinging because that is not where this will be settled. As the young mum said "it's not getting better. Trump might be a risk, but we should let him have four years and see if he can do it because we know Hillary can't" and that's all there is.

• Like 1

For all you goose stepping Trump shills. You are aiding and abetting the destruction of democratic institutions by your incessant need for an authoritarian monarch

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/world/americas/united-states-democracy-clinton-trump.html?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

Trump’s Threat to Jail Clinton Also Targets Democracy’s Institutions

There aren't any democratic institutions, it's all been corporatised and sold. Hillary is immune from justice and the media are all singing her songs. I think after Trump gets in the GOP will explode just like our Labour Party did. The fire will burn through the Democratic Party forcing them to radically change and that will eventually gut them.

You might actually get your country back as we are moving to recover ours.

• Like 1

from my pov, hillary is doing her own goose stepping. how many more "accidental" us strikes against anti-isil forces until people wake up?

hillary said her top priority is to get rid of asaad, whatever the cost and risk may be. 

am i the only one concerned about a hot war with russia over a natural gas pipeline ?

it is clinton that is pushing the bush war machine agenda, not trump.

• Like 5

from my pov, hillary is doing her own goose stepping. how many more "accidental" us strikes against anti-isil forces until people wake up?

hillary said her top priority is to get rid of asaad, whatever the cost and risk may be. 

am i the only one concerned about a hot war with russia over a natural gas pipeline ?

it is clinton that is pushing the bush war machine agenda, not trump.

No you are not, I have serious concerns over Syria and how Clinton will handle it; she will undoubtable become president. I've discussed this issue on other bulletin boards, and the Clinton supporters generally don't seem to see it. Claiming her experience makes her the best candidate when it comes to Syria. Nixon had plenty of prior experience under Eisenhower when he became president, but it didn't stop him making a disaster of Vietnam and bombing Cambodia. I could see Clinton following in a similar vein as that in Syria. 

Edited by aboo
  • Like 3

Donald Trump represents American authoritarianism which is what I have been saying and still no one listens to his rhetoric. 

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11127424/trump-authoritarianism

The rise of American authoritarianism A niche group of political scientists may have uncovered what's driving Donald Trump's ascent. What they found has implications that go well beyond 2016.

by Amanda Taub on March 1, 2016

The American media, over the past year, has been trying to work out something of a mystery: Why is the Republican electorate supporting a far-right, orange-toned populist with no real political experience, who espouses extreme and often bizarre views? How has Donald Trump, seemingly out of nowhere, suddenly become so popular?

What's made Trump's rise even more puzzling is that his support seems to cross demographic lines — education, income, age, even religiosity — that usually demarcate candidates. And whereas most Republican candidates might draw strong support from just one segment of the party base, such as Southern evangelicals or coastal moderates, Trump currently does surprisingly well from the Gulf Coast of Florida to the towns of upstate New York, and he won a resounding victory in the Nevada caucuses.

Perhaps strangest of all, it wasn't just Trump but his supporters who seemed to have come out of nowhere, suddenly expressing, in large numbers, ideas far more extreme than anything that has risen to such popularity in recent memory. In South Carolina, a CBS News exit poll found that 75 percent of Republican voters supported banning Muslims from the United States. A PPP poll found that a third of Trump voters support banning gays and lesbians from the country. Twenty percent said Lincoln shouldn't have freed the slaves.

Last September, a PhD student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst named Matthew MacWilliams realized that his dissertation research might hold the answer to not just one but all three of these mysteries.

MacWilliams studies authoritarianism — not actual dictators, but rather a psychological profile of individual voters that is characterized by a desire for order and a fear of outsiders. People who score high in authoritarianism, when they feel threatened, look for strong leaders who promise to take whatever action necessary to protect them from outsiders and prevent the changes they fear.

So MacWilliams naturally wondered if authoritarianism might correlate with support for Trump.

He polled a large sample of likely voters, looking for correlations between support for Trump and views that align with authoritarianism. What he found was astonishing: Not only did authoritarianism correlate, but it seemed to predict support for Trump more reliably than virtually any other indicator. He later repeated the same poll in South Carolina, shortly before the primary there, and found the same results, which he published in Vox:

Trump_poll2.0.0.jpg

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2016/01/27/donald-trump-is-attracting-authoritarian-primary-voters-and-it-may-help-him-to-gain-the-nomination/

Figure 2 – Support for Trump, Cruz, Carson Rubio and Bush by Authoritarianism

MacWilliams-Fig-2.jpg

On most of these questions, Trump voters exhibit statistically significant and substantive authoritarian attitudes. For example, Trump voters are statistically more likely to agree that other groups should sometimes be kept in their place. They support preventing minority opposition once we decide what is right.

Trump supporters kick the fundamental tenets of Madisonian democracy to the curb, asserting that the rights of minorities need not be protected from the power of the majority. And they are statistically more likely than Trump opponents to agree the President should curtail the voice and vote of the opposition when it is necessary to protect the country – though a plurality still opposes this exercise of presidential power.

Trump voters are also ready to suspend the constitutionally guaranteed Writ of Habeas Corpus by empowering the police and law enforcement to arrest and detain indefinitely anyone in the United States who is suspected of belonging to a terrorist organization. And, as you would suspect, Trump supporters agree that mosques across the United States should be closed down – a clear abridgement of the religious freedoms guaranteed in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights (Figure 3).

Figure 3 – Attitudes of Trump Voters on Bedrock Democratic Questions

MacWilliams-Fig-3.jpg

By comparison, on each of these questions, the attitudes of the supporters of Cruz, Carson, Rubio, and Bush were statistically insignificant. Thus, supporters of Trump express authoritarian attitudes on a wide range of important questions, while supporters of his Republican opponents do not.

Last week the National Review, which some pundits consider the American conservative movement’s most influential publication, warned that Trump was “a free-floating populist with strongman overtones.” My data indicates that the 20 conservatives who argued Trump must not become the Republican nominee got their description of him half right. His rhetoric is that of a strongman’s. But his doctrine isn’t populism, it is authoritarianism. The difference is quite important and may explain why Trump’s Teflon candidacy continues to exceed conventional expectations.

After analyzing 14 years of national polling data from 1992 to 2006, Hetherington and Weiler concludedthat authoritarianism was driving political polarization in America. While authoritarians can be found among self-identified Democrats and Independents, their slow but steady movement over time to the Republican Party may have created the conditions for a candidate with an authoritarian message like Trump’s to emerge.

Trump’s support is firmly rooted in an American version of authoritarianism that, once awakened and stoked, is a force to be reckoned with. And until quite recently, the institutions and leaders tasked with guarding against what Madison called “the infection of the violent passions” among the people have either been cowed by Trump’s bluster or derelict in performing their civic duty. Trump’s authoritarian support may be too solid and his momentum too strong to stop his march to the Republican nomination.

Featured image cr

Edited by ralis

LOL the desperation of those beginning to realise the true strength of Trumps support. The denials are already starting. Well I'm betting that you are going to find out if all those graphs and models are correct.

I have suggested that you don't vote at all. This is your alternative. Stop participating in this madness. I don't think of Trump as a saviour, it's more a punishment for immorality. Eventually the electorate will get the Government they truly deserve.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

I have suggested that you don't vote at all. This is your alternative. Stop participating in this madness. I don't think of Trump as a saviour, it's more a punishment for immorality. Eventually the electorate will get the Government they truly deserve.

I will not be participating. Maybe it will be a form of punishment. Dark days are ahead IMO.

I will not be participating. Maybe it will be a form of punishment. Dark days are ahead IMO.

Persuade others not to vote if you can. I don't know if Trump will be the president who brings full authoritarianism the the USA, but he is a definite step in that direction.

This is the result of the corruption of the entire constitution and the institution of a democratically elected crime family into governance. It couldn't have been worse if the USA had elected Al Capone to office.

• Like 1

This is exactly right. I liken it to torture victims in an enemy prison camp who gladly accept the prison being bombed by their own side. When you give people no hope, then people will choose any alternative to their current situation.

Persuade others not to vote if you can. I don't know if Trump will be the president who brings full authoritarianism the the USA, but he is a definite step in that direction.

This is the result of the corruption of the entire constitution and the institution of a democratically elected crime family into governance. It couldn't have been worse if the USA had elected Al Capone to office.

He is fascist so yes he will bring authoritarianism to the USA. Should he be elected.

He is fascist so yes he will bring authoritarianism to the USA. Should he be elected.

That proof will be in the pudding. These things were said about Reagan and he turned out to be quite the liberal.

• Like 1