Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Watch this video again and again and again

A lot of Internet discussions here about MCO, Qigong and the like will do more damage than good. So please be aware of what you are doing because the Heart and the Liver together will literally destroy you if you don't have a teacher next to you supervising your work. Lust is a very powerful force that if left uncontrolled will do untold irreparable damage.

Link.

This is not children's play.

Direct supervision by a realised teacher with decades of practice and experience with teaching and supervising students is the safest way to avoid any harm and frustration.

I am also uploading this pdf file about Gong Baozai's Bagua. Read carefully pp. 3 & 4. This advice is directly related to one of the main problems plaguing the Internal Martial Arts and Neigong community in general: marketing ancient Eastern knowledge for pure profit. Very bad karma and a disgrace to all the generations of teachers that passed on that knowledge for free in order to benefit fellow humans.

He believes that the true  meaning  of  the  word  "martial"  is  closer  to  the meaning of "virtue" than it is to the meaning of "power."

Gong Bao Zhai's teacher, Gong Bao Tian, told his students that martial arts is not something that can be sold to the masses for money.

All the best. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

It's unfortunate you didn't like it but here's something useful that might be of your interest:

How to get rid of resentment

Another hard to remove klesha. Metta meditation is very important practice. It should be practiced constantly, on a daily basis.

Metta :)

• Like 1

This is pure corruption and it should be eradicated.

Hello Gerard. Hmm...  Well it seems to me that various types of corruption due to greed and self interest in this world is a common as leaves on trees. It is doubtful there is much anything anyone can really do about it. Human nature is human nature. However, as it is said, Lotus flowers still produce beautiful flowers out of the mud and murky waters. We are fairly limited in our control of our environment and the people around us, but we each individually have much potential. :)

• Like 1

You are right and therefore I removed that comment...my heart isn't that pure yet. Working on it here and now, not yesterday or tomorrow. The Tao is in the Heart, waiting like a precious pearl. :)

Thanks for the reminder, friend.

• Like 1

You are right and therefore I removed that comment...my heart isn't that pure yet. Working on it here and now, not yesterday or tomorrow. The Tao is in the Heart, waiting like a precious pearl. :)

Thanks for the reminder, friend.

Well we are all in the same boat just trying to make our way the best we can. Like most anyone else, I am far, far from perfect. :)

• Like 1

[...]

I am also uploading this pdf file about Gong Baozai's Bagua. Read carefully pp. 3 & 4. This advice is directly related to one of the main problems plaguing the Internal Martial Arts and Neigong community in general: marketing ancient Eastern knowledge for pure profit. Very bad karma and a disgrace to all the generations of teachers that passed on that knowledge for free in order to benefit fellow humans.

[...]

It seems to me that they're making a lot of money. How could that be "bad karma"?

Ah yes... they'll be punished in some colourful hell after this life :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The concept of karma doesn't necessarily have any connotation of punishment, or concepts of heaven and hell. That all depends on the exact school of thought as well as individual interpretations. In some schools of thought karma is described along the lines of actions evoke or 'attract' certain other following actions or conditions. In other cases I have heard the concept of karma being described along the lines of 'mental attachments' which continually lead one into certain circumstances which reflect those mental attachments or mental state. So karma could be thought of as actions invoking other actions and conditions, or as mental attachments leading one into certain specific conditions like iron being pulled towards a magnet. What a person accepts as possible in that area may depend on their background and particular school(s) of thought they hold to, and their own personal experience, etc. Many far Eastern schools of thought hold to some concept of karma or at least something along those lines. What any given person may accept or reject as possible or reasonable in these regards is another matter. There is likely no clear cut right or wrong there. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping the conversation kind and warm.

Yes karma is the universal judge, you do to others (even insects) something you are really doing it to yourself. Actions have their consequences, no one can deny that. If you do, then Im afraid you need to deepen your practice and get more wisdom.

Here's something that occured to me this morning just out of the blue:

I opened a thread several weeks ago about how important this and next year are [both fire metal, one being yang (monkey) and the other yin (rooster)]. Well, last Sat. I had to go again and see a herbalist to get another prescription, it has been a very intense year, I have been taking herbs since October last year, continuously since I has to deal with intense lust (the mind is layered) and Baguazhang has the uncanny ability to delete everything but obviously it works retroactively, that means that you can't to from Z (today) to A (newborn, pre-heaven state) and skip the whole vocabulary. It doesn't work that way. Lust has been dealt with but it has left a huge toll on my energy level plus what has been released from deep within my Heart: anxiety, palpitations, insomnia plus the resulting effects on the Spleen, Lung, Stomach, Middle jiao. Basically a formula to tonify a weakened Heart and removed toxins from the system, mainly phlegm and a bit of damp, drive rebellious Qi down from the stomach (past habit of eating too fast, wrong foods and bad foods, alcohol, cold foods and beverages, eating in a non-mindful manner and without first acknowledging Mother Earth for being our unconditional provider), stagnant blood, and clear the Lung (the doctor looked worried and told me to contact the local hospital if the palpitations kept on going, I told her not to worry please because Western Medicine doesn't have a cure for this, this something I am dealing with at the moment as a result of dedicated practice.

Anyway, I felt a lot better after taking one pack of the formula and went to circle walking but not next to a tree as usual, I'll be leaving this. Too much Wood will overwhelm the Heart especially for people born in Fire years.

Walking the circle early this morning, slowly, mindfully and letting go, then all of a sudden I fully connected with the Heart who revealed itself as a King wearing a crown, very tall figure sitting on a throne and the crowd right beneath cheering at him. I then realised why ancient Daoists called the Heart 'The Emperor,' the ruler of the five organ networks! The crowd was the entire kingdom: rivers, mountains, humanity itself, trees, flowers, birds...EVERYTHING. While I was standing there facing the King I saw a road of light...And I heard: from there you will be on your own. That vision lasted for about 30-60 s or so but I also saw a thin dark halo around the Sun, which meant that I had work to do before stepping on to that luminous road. That halo means that I still have to remove from the Heart:

1. Being too hard with myself, that is having expectations on this path, i.e. pursuing enlightenment.

2. Criticism

3. Attachment to life itself, delusion

The 'King' is at his seat, centered, wise and happy, the 'kingdom' is also stable, balanced and happy. On the other hand, if fhe 'King' is living a life full of desires, imbalanced, and never to be satisfied, the kingdom suffers miserably and life is short.

Don't this also happen in real life about corrupt governments and the misery that cause to their own people?

Confucianism = Taoism = Buddhism have a lot more in common than people might think.

I am non thinking of this short passage of Opening the Dragon Gate: The Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard:

"Taking the path up the mountain, the four travelers found that all the temples and shrines had
been  pillaged  and  were  deserted,  a  total  mess.  The  three  elders  felt  pained  as  they  viewed  the
destruction. The grand master told Wang Liping that Omei was a sacred ground of Buddhism, with a
hundred great and small temples and shrines on the whole mountain. The mountain is a site of the
responsive manifestation of the famous Buddhist bodhisattva Samantabhadra, the Universally Good
Enlightening Being. There had been quite a few highly accomplished monks and Chan masters in the
temples, with considerable wisdom and enlightenment, who had practiced Buddhism very deeply. In
the past, the grand master said, he had once brought his disciples the Wayfarer of Pure Serenity and the Wayfarer of Pure Emptiness to this place and discussed Buddhism and Taoism with the abbots to polish and improve themselves, and found they were very much in accord.

Now that disaster had befallen this place, he had no idea where the great Buddhist masters had gone, or whether or not they were safe.

Ever  since  the  founding  of  Complete  Reality  Taoism,  sectarianism  was  eliminated,  and
emphasis was placed on the union of the three teachings of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.
Later  Taoist  works  include  quite  a  bit  of  Buddhist  vocabulary.  Both  Taoism  and  Buddhism,  as
Eastern cultures, have principles and doctrines in common; the higher the level to which one rises, the smaller the differences are between them.
"

Personally, I see in sectarianism only fear and a place for the ego to thrive rather than the true seat of wisdom, compassion, unconditional love to all sentient beings and enligthenment.

Yes, the Dao, the true source of the spirit lies deep within us, but the Heart itself is easily lured by sensual desire and this weakens it every day, The Earth also becomes weak and in turn the Lung loses its main function of being the master of Qi, the Kidney becomes depleted and in the end life has to start a new chapter. And this process goes on and on and on until enough wisdom is gained and from there it's time to take action and acknowledge the connection between the body and the mind, the spirit itself...and live a contemplative life purifying the body itself since it is the doorway to the mind/spirit.

Thanks for reading this little experience.

Happy practice! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Thanks for keeping the conversation kind and warm.

Yes karma is the universal judge, you do to others (even insects) something you are really doing it to yourself. Actions have their consequences, no one can deny that. If you do, then Im afraid you need to deepen your practice and get more wisdom.

[...]

From what I've seen and experienced, this is absolutely untrue.

Karma & rebirth is the dogmatic standpoint of buddhists: it can't be proven and if you don't believe blindly enough, you're ignorant...   :o

Edited by Cheshire Cat

Sign in to follow this