Jox

Esoteric and Occult schools / methods

Which esoteric and occult schools or methods are out there ... Just curious ...

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Haha...sometimes there are real gems of schools hidden out there...I hope to see others contribute any that they know of!

• Like 1

Now for those who are informed, probably can give a hint at which link it is worth to take a look ... ;)

Some recommended criteria: Free materials, transparency of the method, usefulness, ... 

Edited by Jox

Now for those who are informed, probably can give a hint at which link it is worth to take a look ... ;)

Some recommended criteria: Free materials, transparency of the method, usefulness, ... 

Quareia is totally free and transparent - all teachings are on its website. Not that I'm advocating for it at all, just saying it's one of the few schools out there that fit this criteria.

• Like 1

Quareia is totally free and transparent - all teachings are on its website. Not that I'm advocating for it at all, just saying it's one of the few schools out there that fit this criteria.

Interesting, that yesterday when I was opening the links, I stopped on Quareia for a moment and thought, here I should take a look ... Ok then, I will ... 

Interesting, that yesterday when I was opening the links, I stopped on Quareia for a moment and thought, here I should take a look ... Ok then, I will ... 

If you do divination then divine what each pathway offers you. 

• Like 1

Quareia is totally free and transparent - all teachings are on its website.

If I finish all the modules can I call myself an adept?

Edited by Rakiel
  • Like 2

If I finish all the modules can I call myself an adept?

Great Adept of the Quareia Online Course is the appropriate title.

• Like 1

Only ass-heads give themselves titles.

No Quareia student can buy their way to adept- ship, and there are no shortcuts. But any adept that is officially recognized by this school will become known as a properly fully trained and fully capable magical adept. The reputations of Quareia and its founding adepts, Josephine McCarthy and Frater Acher, comes from the rigorous high standards of the magical work: by their fruits shall ye know them. (Quareia, Welcome to Quareia, Empahsis mine, ZYD)

Rakiet is not talking about giving himself a title, he is talking about "earning one", based on the claims made by Quareia.  I hope he is speaking facetiously.

• Like 1

I dont think anything in the pop stream of the last 150 years has come anywhere close to producing an adept. They cant even define what an adept is.

That depends on what you mean by the phrase "pop stream". Some of the well known schools might fall within that definition, though they are technically outer orders so their concern lies with the preparation of candidates.

But... I can assure you that Case and Davies were both adepts (BOTA). Several adepts (that I know of and one of those personally) came through AMORC. But ultimately, adeptship comes through one own efforts, almost always aided by others.

UFA

Hi UFA, I spent about 4 years on the course work in BOTA and it really prepared me for what was to come. PFC was great, I forgot about him. The question is, did pop-occultism produce him, or did he produce a form of pop-occultism, I define the term as anything that is 'readily visible and available' - usually groups that accept candidates without any screening.

I got ' screened ' recently .    :)

I answered an advert in my local town, stuck on a notice board about an 'eclectic pagan ' group.

I  rang the number, had a chat and got invited around to a house for a further chat.   Mr and Mrs Pagan sat on the veranda with me and she chatted.  Hmmm , no 'outer school' here , but what the heck, a few of them are trying to get somewhere, maybe I could help , and perhaps meet interesting people ? 

She asked my background and experience.  I think she was taken aback and surprised. I also gave her a little rundown of the various groups, and activities in the area over the last 30 years . More surprise for her, she must have thought she was introducing this big new thing ?  She seemed impressed with herself that she had  'a card deck and a book out ' .

Then Mrs Pagan said a few 'weird things'  and went inside t make tea.  Good, give me a chance to talk to him as he said 3 words in 15 minutes. He seemed like a nice guy,  I liked his calm and friendly energy. I asked him about his background. he said he spent the first half of his life as a Merchant Banker ,  but then , "I decided to give that all up  and do something different "   (ah, now we are getting somewhere, I thought ) " ... So I got into insurance and started selling insurance to Merchant Banks . "   

<_<

Later she got excited when I mentioned Tarot and Astrology ;  "Could you 'do some ' for us ? I dont know anything about that stuff ."        :unsure:  Some people in the group have only just met, they need  to know more about each other. 

So I offered to do a 'Tarot Wheel /  Astrology' thingo for their new group, so they could all get an idea of each other's energy. She was excited about that and wanted to arrange it for next meeting. I said Okay ...  BUT  ... give me plenty of notice, I live way out of town, I have a lot on, I dont mind doing it, and for free, to help your group along, but give me lots of notice as to when it is on okay ."   She said thats fine and she would send me their newsletter . 

Two weeks later I get this letter in the mail; a hand written folded over sheet, with kid glitters tickers, stars and glitter sprinkled all over it. The front page had this bad bullshit 'poem'  about how 'we' are witches back from the dead  ....    :huh:

An 'article 'about crystals about 8 lines long  " Arent crystals great ! When I hold them I ....  "  And a list of half a dozen herbs with a line written about each one,  Then 'news'   ; 

'Welcome to our new member .<  Both my names >  of   < my location >   ."    :blink:    'Member'  ???    'secret witches' or any group publish peoples names and locations in their newsletters now ?  And down the bottom, next meeting at   .....   that days date, it was late afternoon and they wanted to meet at 6 pm. 2 hours notice. So rang her, no answer, I texted ; 'Sorry but 2 hours just isnt a enough notice, I wont be able to make it. "

Later I git a text back ; "Fine ! Do what you want .  But dont every expect to get a newsletter off us again ! " 

:blink:  

:D

• Like 3

For contrast .... years back , when I contacted the group I did my 'stuff' with . 

I inquired and told them a bit about myself. They said a member would be in my area in a few weeks and would look me up.  He did ... he was not what I expected.  But it was interesting.    He said he would go back and talk to 'The Boss' about it and she would 'check me out'.

About 2 weeks later I had this dream that I was in the city, The Hare Krishnas were giving out free food at this table in an ally way  along side a cyclone wire fence with a building construction site behind it. YUM !    I got on the line, people were getting a plate of food and waking away. When it wa my turn I noticed  that it wasnt  just food on the table , a bit of food  but all this other stuff, some like ritual  objects. They offered me this plate and then I realized they were not Hare Krishnas at all, they had deep Maroon robes on with  cowls covering there faces. I took the food, ate it, the person offering leaned over and touched my forehead with their finger and FLASH !   - white light -  I was hurled backards, hit the wire fence, bounced back off that into their altar table and passed through and 'into ' it ......  thats all I remember . 

The next day I got a call on the phone message bank  "  You in,  come on down and we will start the ball rolling ."

- Now thats the stuff !   

( When I get there , to get to the place  ( around to the back entrance ) , of course, I have to pass this alley, with a  wire cyclone fence, a construction site .....   :D

• Like 2

Several adepts (that I know of and one of those personally) came through AMORC.

Really?

From what I've experienced, I think Case was way ahead of his time

Edited by Rakiel

Really?

From what I've experienced, I think Case was way ahead of his time

I'm not sure what you mean...? PFC's spiritual experiences were hardly unique, even for that time.

I enjoy Strategic Sorcery. Good group of people, good tech and lots of lively discussion.  

Probably This! Am I Right?

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1