Lao Sun Tao

This is QiGong, right?

So there is some kind of group going by the name Evolved-Ministry that posts a lot of videos of "telekinesis," which, I have to admit look like pretty legit. Take a look:

This is QiGong, right?

• Like 1

I believe anything is possible, however, I would like to see another camera angle. 

I believe anything is possible, however, I would like to see another camera angle. 

There are many different videos from a variety of different angles in his profile

Appears legit, though what looks legit can always be manufactured with some cleverness. I'd call it a blend of qigong and fengshui. A friend of mind had something happen with leaf spirals over the spot where he'd been doing extensive qigong in. After he took a break and the wind came in, it reached that area and blew leaf spirals around back and forth a few times before continuing to gust along. And I've experienced some interesting weather connections myself.

Personally I don't entertain the idea of controlling things... it is enough to merge with them, be a part of them, to harmonize and so avoid changing things too much. Controlling the weather for popularity reasons is a bit contrived. Unless that purpose is tapped into something deeper and natural, it is likely to be pulling weather patterns more out of harmonious balance than pulling them toward harmonious balance. In my opinion.

Ziqi of the Southern Wall was reclining against a low table on the ground, releasing his breath into Heaven above, all in a ascatter, as if loosed from a partner.

Yancheng Ziyou stood in attendance before him. "What has happened here?" he said. "Can the body really be made like dried wood, the mind like dead ashes? What reclines against this table now is not what reclined against it before."

Ziqi said, "A good question, Yan! what has happened here is simply that I have lost me. Do you understand? You hear the piping of man but not yet the piping of the earth. You hear the piping of the earth but not yet the piping of Heaven."

Ziyou said, "Please tell me more."

Zipi replied, "When the Great Clump belches forth its vital breath, we call it the wind. As soon as it arises, raging cries emerge from all the ten thousand hollows. Don't tell me you've never heard how long the rustling continues, on and on! The towering trees of the forest, a hundred spans around, are riddled with indentations and holes -- like noses, mouths, ears; like sockets, enclosures, mortars; like ponds, like puddles. Roarers and whizzers, scolders and sighers, shouters, wailers, boomer, growlers! One leads with a yeeee! Another answers with a yuuuu! A light breeze brings a small harmony, while a powerful gale makes for a harmony vast and grand. And once the sharp wind has passed, all these holes return to their silent emptiness. Have you never seen all the tempered attunements, all the cunning contentions?"

Ziyou said, "So the piping of the earth means just the sound of these hollows. And the piping of man would be the sound of bamboo panpipes. What, then, is the piping of Heaven?"

Ziqi said, "It gusts through all the ten thousand differences, allowing each to go its own way. But since each one selects out its own, what identity can there be for their rouser?"

Zhuangzi tl Brook Ziporyn

• Like 2

I could use him around October to clean up my yard.  However I enjoy practicing my "rake meditation"

• Like 2

So many options here. Here's only a couple.

1. Why does Kyle need to be there? Think on that...

2. Narrow camera angle allows him to watch (which he does) across the field and as the wind approaches he can begin moving his arms, timing it to demonstrate "powers'.

There are even more options.

So there is some kind of group going by the name Evolved-Ministry that posts a lot of videos of "telekinesis," which, I have to admit look like pretty legit. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YaOA5wmgGY&index=1&list=PL89SL1nW1hSNVLBMNIBo4U0hWNFZdtb6j

This is QiGong, right?

Hmmm taobums people don't know anything about this :| let me drop a word or two then :). 

A lot of you here come from a martial arts background, taoism and chi. Some of you may have experience with occultism, golden dawn, aleister crowley stuff / mindset / background. Similarly, there is the people with jhana cultivation from yoga groups that may be of interest and then there is this psychokinesis stuff. 

Regarding these powers, you do not throw your chi. It is mental/soul power. Not chi. I have no idea of the exact mechanics, but if you cultivate stilness of mind (control of it) and health, and put some time in. You will be able to do this stuff without wasting chi by 'just throwing' it. Of course, you still use some, but a small amount... You will see for yourself... Astral empowerment can boost these kinesis powers... I don't know exactly how it works, but a bit like in the cartoon WITCH. Much more I do not know. Good day. 

Lastly, if anyone has practiced concentration exercises and has good chi/is healthy, 'aerokinesis' should be relatively easy to do. In a room - closed space, you should all be able to make small air currents enough to feel it. And a tip for aerokinesis, air is like a bird, it moves thorugh joy, its all mental. See the air particles as birds already in movement; air doesn't question much. 

Edited by Arramu
  • Like 2

I think it is probably a good idea to hold some healthy skepticism towards anything along these lines that is shown in videos, because videos can leave a fair bit of room for various types of tricks to be used. Everything from off camera tricks and video editing to video image editing and generation and manipulation effects can be used to fool people. This doesn't mean that any given video of this type is necessarily fake of course, but when you factor in other factors like the high degree that he can supposedly easily whip up the wind in a concentrated area and whatever else he demonstrates, it sure seems at least questionable. The guy also doesn't seem to give any info on his website about exactly where he supposedly learned these types of 'skills'. That may be another warning sign that things may not be quite right. People who are reasonably skilled at doing video graphics manipulation and CGI and that sort of thing can create some pretty convincing effects, and such software is readily available these days.

Here is a video example that I think shows how CGI can sometimes be quite convincing if done pretty well. My point being that just because you may not see signs of obvious video tricks in a video, it doesn't mean that tricks of some sort or another were definitely not used.

In the following video, some digital graphics students made a CGI video utilizing 3D graphics generation and manipulation techniques etc. which is completely fake, but their video went viral shortly after they posted it, and they had millions of people completely fooled or at least unsure if it was fake or not before the students later posted a comment on their video pointing out that the video was not real, and was done using CGI techniques as part of a graphics course they were taking. The eagle in the following video is a 3D graphics generated and manipulated image. It is not a real eagle, and no child was lifted off the ground by an eagle. All video graphics manipulation. Completely fake. :) Again, my point being that some healthy skepticism about what you see in any video these days that has something questionable in it is probably a good idea. When it comes to videos or still images, it is just hard to say for sure these days about whether something might be faked or not.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

If the guy who made those 'aerokinesis', etc., videos is the real deal, he should have no problem demonstrating to independent third parties in person. If he hasn't done so, and until he does so in front of some credible independent third parties, then there seems to be at least a few different reasons here to be skeptical of his videos. Another reason to be skeptical is that he is selling online courses to supposedly teach others how to do this. When someone is selling something and producing videos like that to help generate business for what they are selling, then I think that's even more reason to be skeptical. Again, this all doesn't mean it is necessarily fake, but I think there are at least some good reasons to have some healthy doubts here. :)

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Remember that the same skepticism and attitude you're throwing at--without actually doing a little research like taking a look at the other videos this guy has uploaded--is exactly the same skepticism and attitude other people are throwing towards your QiGong or any other "exotic" practice you're doing.

I thought this forum would have been more open-minded than that.

Shame.

Edited by Lao Sun Tao
  • Like 1

I'm not necessarily skeptical of the phenomena itself, there are a ton of weird and wonderful things which humans are capable of doing if they put in the effort to develop the ability, and I have no way of knowing that this isn't one of them.

What I do question is the point of what he's doing. Accepting for the sake of discussion that he is really causing the wind movements in the video - so what? What does that ability demonstrate about the individual in question beyond the capacity to create gusts of wind? What purpose does it serve beyond showing off in youtube videos?

Lao Sun Tao:  There is a world of difference between someone being open minded and someone blindly accepting most anything just at face value without first looking into it further and using some critical thinking. There is all kinds of false information and fakers and scammers and deluded people out there in this world. That being the case, it is just not a good idea to blindly accept stuff like this at face value. There might be something to it, but there is a good chance that it is not real as well. :) Some of us have been around the block more than a few times and know that a lot of stuff out there like this is often not what it appears to be, if a person takes some time to look into it further. Rather than admonishing people for not blindly believing as you do, why not put in some effort and look into this further for yourself first? The fact is you just can't tell for certain if effects like are shown in these videos are real or not just by watching the videos, as I have already pointed out.

If you want to blindly believe that what this guy is showing in his videos is real without any questioning on your part, that is up to you, but my suggestion for you, since you seem to be so certain it is real, would be to contact the guy and ask him if you can visit him in person to watch a demonstration of what he can do up close, in person. If he says no, or otherwise starts making excuses then that would seem to be kind of suspicious, right? If he lets you come to see a demo in person, arrange to go see him and then report back here on what you have seen. That way it won't just be blind belief any more on your part, but you will have made an effort to look into and see what is really going on. :)

All the best...

• Like 2

There is also a difference between questioning and actually looking into something and questioning without the intention of looking into something....

Edit: again, I'm not a student, but after just a bit of short research, I have found a video where he teaches some of his students:

Sorry, but what you said doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. All I have done is point out that you can't take what you see in videos of this type at face value. Of course the videos are questionable to me. The only way I could say that what is shown in those videos might be real is if I have personally experienced such stuff myself in person. Otherwise there is just no way to tell for sure. I think that really should go without saying however. :)

If I were interested in possibly learning how to 'make gusts of winds', I would try to meet with that guy in person and see for myself what he could do in person. That would be the only way to tell if there might really be something to it. Whether there is another video or videos with someone 'teaching' students to wave their hands around a tree that is already blowing in the wind, is neither here nor there. ;) If someone wants to blindly believe stuff in videos like this that is their prerogative, but belief or not you still don't know if what you are seeing in videos like this is real or not just based on videos alone. Lao Sun Tao was admonishing people for not blindly accepting what is shown in some videos, which also doesn't make any sense. If you want to know if something might be real or not, the best way is to go and experience it in person and then you will have some real personal experience to base your opinion on, rather than just questionable videos. :) Why do I get the feeling that I am wasting my time pointing out things that should already be obvious anyway? :D

All the best...

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Apeiron&Peiron: You are seeing all sorts of things in my comments that simply aren't there. :D I just pointed out that you can't take videos at face value, and that videos that contain stuff like this often turn out to be false if looked into. I actually also went way out of my way to state several times that it all doesn't mean that this guy's videos are necessarily fake, but there is no way to tell just from the videos. You are arguing against something that has little to do with what I have actually said. Bless you my son. :)

Edited by NotVoid

Apeiron&Peiron: You are seeing all sorts of things in my comments that simply aren't there. :D I just pointed out that you can't take videos at face value, and that videos that contain stuff like this often turn out to be false if looked into. I actually also went way out of my way to state several times that it all doesn't mean that this guy's videos are necessarily fake, but there is no way to tell just from the videos. You are arguing against something that has little to do with what I have actually said. Bless you my son. :)

So basically you said nothing.

Anyway I'm not going to argue with you, for there is no point. But let me clear some things out first.

A demonstration of something isn't always showing off, and allowing yourself to bypass the critical factor for a few minutes does give you the ability to feel if something is fishy or not. True, videos can lie more easily, but so can books and movies and songs and a hundred other things. If I were to investigate every bit of medium of information that presented itself to me, I'd be traveling all year long, achieving nothing. Our eyes are our basic sensor of perception but sometimes you have to go with your intuition, aka your gut.

I haven't been in this forum for long, but I have seen enough to know that there are people here that don't really know why they are here. There is criticism and there is constructive criticism, and then there is stating the obvious. I don't like writing posts like this one; it messes with my Zen. People will always whine and will always be cynical, about everything and anything, no matter what.

Everyone has a line, a line whose point A is the attitude of a blindly-believe-it-all and point B is the attitude of the grumpy old man who believes nothing because he had fought in Vietnam or something. From point A to point B the line stretches as far as your knowledge, experiences, and information. Now take a pencil and draw a circle on that line. This is your skepticism.

Does it neighboring B?

Edited by Lao Sun Tao

I'm not necessarily skeptical of the phenomena itself, there are a ton of weird and wonderful things which humans are capable of doing if they put in the effort to develop the ability, and I have no way of knowing that this isn't one of them.

What I do question is the point of what he's doing. Accepting for the sake of discussion that he is really causing the wind movements in the video - so what? What does that ability demonstrate about the individual in question beyond the capacity to create gusts of wind? What purpose does it serve beyond showing off in youtube videos?

This is a materialistic way of thinking which can only enhance cynicism and defeatism in your mind. What you're actually asking is: where is the money, bro? where is the fame?

Where is the point in anything we do if it doesn't produce money, right?

inb4 "I didn't speak about money. That's not what I wrote."

Yeah, well, this is what you're implying, strongly. But I don't blame you. Money is always at the back of our minds; it's not our fault. It has attached itself to our 1st chakra.

Anyway, replace showing off with demonstration, look up the definition of demonstration, and you'll find your answer. I remember when I was a kid and found or did something cool, I immediately wanted to show it to the other kids, not to show off, and especially not to make money, but to convince them follow me into an adventure, find or do more cool stuff.

Does this ring a bell?

• Like 1

Honestly I don't care if he is a fake or not. Doesn't affect me. :P

I know I instantly distrust any new age christ consciousness ideas, which he mentions, and I find the idea of selling enlightenment/Ascension gives me a bad taste in my mouth. Those are just two of my things. Dude could be able to do what he says. If he can then that's great. He might also not be able to. The three or four videos I've watched I could see how they could be setups to make things appear real. The student group didn't seem to show much besides people waving their hands at a tree or around in a circle, but I also skimmed through it because I thought it was boring. Dude could be 100% legit or a complete scam and I'm fine with both options as I'm not buying his stuff. Who cares as long as his customers are having fun, really.

And I don't care if people are skeptical of what I do, since it works whether they believe it or not. They still benefit from it anyways lol

• Like 2

Honestly I don't care if he is a fake or not. Doesn't affect me. :P

I know I instantly distrust any new age christ consciousness ideas, which he mentions, and I find the idea of selling enlightenment/Ascension gives me a bad taste in my mouth. Those are just two of my things. Dude could be able to do what he says. If he can then that's great. He might also not be able to. The three or four videos I've watched I could see how they could be setups to make things appear real. The student group didn't seem to show much besides people waving their hands at a tree or around in a circle, but I also skimmed through it because I thought it was boring. Dude could be 100% legit or a complete scam and I'm fine with both options as I'm not buying his stuff. Who cares as long as his customers are having fun, really.

And I don't care if people are skeptical of what I do, since it works whether they believe it or not. They still benefit from it anyways lol

I think you've just missed the point, buddy, and you've confirmed it by stating absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

I think you've just missed the point, buddy, and you've confirmed it by stating absolutely nothing.

Mission accomplished bra? Haha

Regardless of whether this particular guy's videos are faked or not, the type of phenomena that is shown is quite possible.

I have personally witness children doing similar things.

And this is teachable and explorable.

So maybe best way is to just try for oneself.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3