smilingone

How to get a strong energy field?

I suppose that's what alot of us are aiming for ... to have strong energy.

The tried and true method goes like this:
Visualize a white, blue or golden bubble surrounding you. Repeat several times a day everyday.  Thoughts and intentions become reality.

Yeah... There's more complicated ones.  I used to perform the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram for years. It kept my energy field sanitized and sterile.  It neutralized energy, balanced out the elements.  But it's not necessary IMO.  Something like a Tibetan Mantra, practiced correctly, will protect you from bad, draw in good, and strengthen your personal sphere.

However when I stopped doing banishing and protections, many good things started coming my way. I realized I was ... quite literally ... living in a bubble I had created!!!!

There's a time for protection, and a time for embracing.  Without interacting with the world, how are we to grow and receive things we need?

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

Anything that channels the earth into the body, is pretty much guaranteed to strengthen wei qi. It can be simple body movements and exercises, no mind or intellectualization required. Do the right movement and it just happens.

Trust is a big one too. When you're in a state of constant resistance, it shuts down your energy or stagnates it, and you are less protected. When in a state of trust and acceptance, things bounce off. Even when bad things happen, if you be in a state of trust, you will fare better.

• Like 5

I suppose that's what alot of us are aiming for ... to have strong energy.

The tried and true method goes like this:

Visualize a white, blue or golden bubble surrounding you. Repeat several times a day everyday.  Thoughts and intentions become reality.

Yeah... There's more complicated ones.  I used to perform the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram for years. It kept my energy field sanitized and sterile.  It neutralized energy, balanced out the elements.  But it's not necessary IMO.  Something like a Tibetan Mantra, practiced correctly, will protect you from bad, draw in good, and strengthen your personal sphere.

However when I stopped doing banishing and protections, many good things started coming my way. I realized I was ... quite literally ... living in a bubble I had created!!!!

There's a time for protection, and a time for embracing.  Without interacting with the world, how are we to grow and receive things we need?

You seem to be saying that you did nothing but the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, I hope that I am either misreading you or you have not said enough about your practice.

Whatever you were doing, pardon me if I take the liberty of explaining a little about how one should work with this type of material.

The Banish Ritual of the Pentagram is only part of a larger system, all banishing should be followed by invocation, and one should be doing the Middle Pillar exercise on a regular basis also.

One should work up to a facility in practicing all the ritual parts together.  To make an analogy to kata, each ritual sequence is like a specific block, throw, and/or punch combination, and they are to be worked together into larger structures, a typical example would be to set up a regular system in which one started with the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, followed it with the Lesser or Greater Invocations of the Pentagram, performed the Rose Cross Ritual and then proceed to the the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram and then the Greater Invoking Ritual of the Hexagram, for each day of the week following the pattern of the Planets, combined then with some invocations of the Planetary Archangels and Angels, and this would only be like a beginning kata for learning the basics while making connections between your Microcosmic energy and the Macrocosmic Powers.

Also these techniques originated in the Golden Dawn, though they are often taught outside of that context, but they need to be studied within the context of the Golden Dawn Temple and its structure, just like a mantra exists within the context of a Mandala.  For example, it is only by understanding the structure of the Golden Dawn Temple that one will realize the fundamental importance of the Rose Cross Ritual.

There are a lot of ways to "get a strong energy field", Western Ceremonial magic is certainly one of them.  I learned all of this in the late Sixties and Early Seventies, and expanded into a lot of other interesting areas thanks to it, but dabbling in this stuff in particular, can get you into a lot of trouble.  For those interested in it, I would still recommend Don Kraig's Modern Magick, all the internet "wunder kids" learned from it and it is still an excellent introduction to the subject, though through all of my years of study and practice, I do consider Western magic as practiced post 1800 to be fundamentally flawed in terms of theory and aspects of its practice.  I have discussed this elsewhere on the Dao Bums in considerable detail.

I hope this is helpful.

Edit: Minor change to spelling, added an is up there somewhere.

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 3

Hi Zhongyongdaoist!

Thank you for explaining that. :)

I did not enter in enough details about my practice and the GD tradition, I apologize!

I was using the LBRP as an example of a "more involved" protection ritual/exercise.  

My main point was in fact, that one should invoke as much or more often than banishing/protection.

For arguments sake, you can replace the LBRP with any other preference of protection / banishing ritual.  My point was that doing only protections would be incomplete, unless your doing it for a specific reason.

My mistake for not clarifying further.  I hesitated to include that information to begin with, as I didn't want to steer the thread off course.

Cheers!
FX

So that it can protect you from other's energy and also that ou have a strong presence when you go somewhere?

For having a strong energy or presence, let go of fear, and open your heart to love.

The more free you are of fear, the stronger and more powerful you'll be. To free yourself from fear, you have to look upon it and accept it. When you acknowledge and recognize it with an attitude of acceptance, and you know that it's OKAY that you have it, it will lose its power over you.

I kind of feel that others' negative energy can't hurt you. I don't see it as a real problem, but one could imagine it's a problem and make it SEEM like one, based on their belief that it is.

Far more of a threat to people is THEIR OWN negative energy and emotions.

That's just my opinion, but I acknowledge I could easily be mistaken.

• Like 10

^^ awesome post Roger!!!

Thanks!

The truth is I'm not too sure about what I said about others' negative energy not being able to hurt you.

I haven't studied or thought much about it so I can't really say I feel sure about my comments.

A lesson in ACIM is, "In my defenselessness my safety lies."

I thought about this lesson and felt that it could be applied to protecting oneself from negative energy.

In other words, don't TRY, just be defenseless and natural, and don't see it as a real threat.

Again, I've never fully looked into this until now, but this is what I'm feeling atm. As I said in my other post, I could easily be mistaken.

"As above, so below." 

Just as physical objects can do you harm, so can the thorny and seedy aspects of subtle reality. How do you think we get blockages in our energy body in the first place? 

• Like 1

"As above, so below." 

Just as physical objects can do you harm, so can the thorny and seedy aspects of subtle reality. How do you think we get blockages in our energy body in the first place? 

We unconsciously create blockages as a defense against our divine reality.

That's just looking at it from one angle, but there are other, equally valid ways to see it also imo.

• Like 1

Obviously the answer is that this is a life long thing. I mean the more you cultivate the stronger it naturally gets, pretty much. Things like the LDT naturally create a shield around you, working out builds you especially your aura, if your aura is cleaner after a work out is not becuase it is naturally cleaned, working out builds it by making it more powerful and so on... 

But I see people posting lbrp here, so why not, try these bro, you will love them,far superior to any golden dawn watered down stuff: 

MERGER

part 1:

part 2: 

3 TREASURES:

part 1: 

part 2: 

ASTRAL ARMOR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOwZt9Vm5Hc&index=24&list=PL6-Dryr_1_Ehr9SRrAeFOEey-WaBsPcel

and this one: 

Hi Zhongyongdaoist!

Thank you for explaining that. :)

I did not enter in enough details about my practice and the GD tradition, I apologize!

I was using the LBRP as an example of a "more involved" protection ritual/exercise.

My main point was in fact, that one should invoke as much or more often than banishing/protection.

For arguments sake, you can replace the LBRP with any other preference of protection / banishing ritual. My point was that doing only protections would be incomplete, unless your doing it for a specific reason.

My mistake for not clarifying further. I hesitated to include that information to begin with, as I didn't want to steer the thread off course.

Cheers!

FX

Thank you for your clarification. I actually had a “friend” back in the mid 70s who made this mistake and was quite surprised when I clarified the matter for him. I am glad to hear that you did not make the same mistake.

In the early 70s I also started to study qigong, which at the time I could only do through a handful of books, though I must have done something right, because by the time I actually did find a teacher, he was quite surprised by the amount of qi I actually had at the time. Circa 1976 I read Michael Saso's Taoism and the Rite of Cosmic Renewal, which was my introduction to what I prefer to Ritual Daoism, rather than Religious Daoism, and I set out to study that, but all of this gets into a very long story and this is not the place for it.

There are two protectors, one is the natural development of weiqi (卫气, wèiqì), the protective or defensive energy, which is more than just the “immune system”, though that is a physiological aspect of it, which should develop with ones progress in qigong. There are exercises, acupuncture “prescriptions”, that is certain acupuncture points for message or other stimulation, and herbs that one can take to improve this, though it should get stronger as one practices anyway, a little extra work directed to it won't hurt. Extra defensive “bubbles” are necessary sometimes, but like other forms of “armor”, are an art in and of themselves, just like body armor is, and if your weiqi is not strong enough to begin with, will not protect you much anyway, but again all of this is a long story too.

The other protector is Wisdom. Fear never enters the heart of a Wise Man (or Woman), but they are prudent as prudence is Wisdom in action. Fools are often fearless or quivering in terror, in either case, usually about things of no real importance.

The OP and others reading this need to ask what they are trying to achieve with this strong “energy field”, if they intend to achieve and maintain health and well being, then ordinary qigong from a reliable source will do. If they are thinking about some heavy duty esoteric stuff, they need to be prepared for a long hard road, which may not take them where they think it will. These “higher” attainments are a matter of vocation as much as anything else, and a person who pursues them because they fancy being a “magician”, or a top level martial artist, when they don't really have what it takes to be one, are more likely to be unhappy than anything else.

• Like 6

How was it done in the west, before the "enlightenment"?

(I suspect this is related to the recitation of the Penitential Psalms, although this is just a guess.)

I hope that I am correct in assuming that this, is in relation to this:

There are a lot of ways to "get a strong energy field", Western Ceremonial magic is certainly one of them. I learned all of this in the late Sixties and Early Seventies, and expanded into a lot of other interesting areas thanks to it, but dabbling in this stuff in particular, can get you into a lot of trouble. For those interested in it, I would still recommend Don Kraig's Modern Magick, all the internet "wunder kids" learned from it and it is still an excellent introduction to the subject, though through all of my years of study and practice, I do consider Western magic as practiced post 1800 to be fundamentally flawed in terms of theory and aspects of its practice. I have discussed this elsewhere on the Dao Bums in considerable detail.

While there is little doubt in my mind that recitation of Psalms was an important part of earlier magical practice, it is only a matter of how one practices magic and not the more important aspect of theory which determines what and how you practice, and it is the fundamental flaws in Western magical theory as it developed into what I call neo-magic in the Nineteenth Century that are of primary concern to me.

The theoretical structure which was lost in the period from 1600 to 1800 is basically that which Cornelius Agrippa expounds at great length in his Three Books of Occult Philosophy. I have often compared these three books to a three volume textbook of magical engineering, in which just about every aspect of the theory of magic is dealt with, and in so far as possible, illustrated with examples. This theoretical structure is applicable to any magical practices from any culture or time, and can contribute an understanding of the whys and wherefores of any type of magical practice, and allow one to understand and work successfully with the practical, magical aspects of anything from shamanism to Tibetan Buddhism, and of course my personal favorite, Ritual Daoism. I don't have time now to enter into a long discussion of why I say this, but again I have posted in great length about Agrippa and the deficiencies of neo-magic on the Dao Bums. A simple search of my posts using the name “Agrippa” will produce a lot of information as well as searching my posts for rational and ratonalism, because I consider Agrippa's theoretical structure to a rational theory of magic, and there are many posts that explain why.

What happened from 1800 on, was a reduction of magical theory, particularly in the Nineteenth Century, it was all a matter of the will power and imagination of the magical practitioner. During the Twentieth, particularly under the influence of Aleister Crowley, mental and emotional states, particularly ecstatic ones became gained in importance, to a certain extent replacing will. These changes threw out many babies as well as the soap with the bathwater.  Again searching my posts for reductionism and reduction will produce a lot of information on my arguments against these changes.

As for practice, I brought up the topic of the Golden Dawn. I consider the Golden Dawn to be the high point of neo-magical thought and practice. It is practically the only aspect of Western magic in the last two hundreds years that I consider worthy of deep study.  In this regard what I said here is relevant:

Is there still value in the GD: Yes, in my opinion based on my study and experience, there definitely is value to the Golden Dawn tradition, but as I have pointed out in many of my posts on the Dao Bums, but mostly recently in the thread on Eliphas Levi, the theory of magic as it existed in the late Nineteenth Century was severely flawed and it is only when the Golden Dawn system is practiced within the wider theoretical structure of Agrippa's Three Books on Occult Philosophy that it is really planted, one might say, in fertile ground. This in turn requires a fully formed Platonic ontology and metaphysics, without these the source withers and dies. I don't want to get into the issue of its offshoots, but I could enter into detailed criticism of Crowley and to a certain extent of Case, though of the two, Crowley was the more damaging to the theory and practice of magic.

The issues related to Mathers and Westcott are too complex to enter into here, but based on what I have gotten from digging rather deeply into their system, I would have to say that somehow or other they plugged into something. Now, what I value most in the Golden Dawn system is what most people study the least, the structure of the initiatory rituals, and the reason that I do is the so called “Z Documents”, which, from the time I first read them in late 1970, to the present, I have thought were some of the most suggestive and profound works on magic that I have read, beginning with the idea of using the formal structure of the rituals as a pattern for the magical rituals which one performs, a development of an idea which I later discovered is to be found in Agrippa's work, and continuing into the details of the construction and form of the initiatory rituals themselves. Obviously I cannot go into more details of this here, if for no more reason then space.

I approached the Golden Dawn Temple and its ritual system as if I were retro-engineering a complex circuit board, and in the process I learned a great deal about the structure of magic and its practice. On many levels it was well worth doing. People who wish to dismiss the Golden Dawn are welcome to do so. It is their loss, not mine.

You don't need to join a "Golden Dawn" organization to study this material, all of my study of this was in the 70s with Regardie's first treatment of the Golden Dawn tradition.  It does, of course, require a lot of thought and reading in related literature to understand it, but it is worth the effort.

• Like 2

How was it done in the west, before the "enlightenment"?

(I suspect this is related to the recitation of the Penitential Psalms, although this is just a guess.)

Prayer.  :D

• Like 2

I hope that I am correct in assuming that this, is in relation to this:

Yes, you are correct.

The theoretical structure which was lost in the period from 1600 to 1800 is basically that which Cornelius Agrippa expounds at great length in his Three Books of Occult Philosophy. I have often compared these three books to a three volume textbook of magical engineering, in which just about every aspect of the theory of magic is dealt with, and in so far as possible, illustrated with examples. This theoretical structure is applicable to any magical practices from any culture or time, and can contribute an understanding of the whys and wherefores of any type of magical practice, and allow one to understand and work successfully with the practical, magical aspects of anything from shamanism to Tibetan Buddhism, and of course my personal favorite, Ritual Daoism. I don't have time now to enter into a long discussion of why I say this, but again I have posted in great length about Agrippa and the deficiencies of neo-magic on the Dao Bums. A simple search of my posts using the name “Agrippa” will produce a lot of information as well as searching my posts for rational and ratonalism, because I consider Agrippa's theoretical structure to a rational theory of magic, and there are many posts that explain why.

Agrippa is definitely a great resource. His examples are a bit dated, which make them confusing when I began reading the Three books. Tyson's commentaries added to this confusion. Finally, when I began to just take them as examples to illustrate the actions of virtues in a neo-platonic world view, it became clearer.

By the way, E. Purdue is going to publish his translation of the Three Books, in 2017.

As for practice, I brought up the topic of the Golden Dawn. I consider the Golden Dawn to be the high point of neo-magical thought and practice. It is practically the only aspect of Western magic in the last two hundreds years that I consider worthy of deep study.  In this regard what I said here is relevant:

I approached the Golden Dawn Temple and its ritual system as if I were retro-engineering a complex circuit board, and in the process I learned a great deal about the structure of magic and its practice. On many levels it was well worth doing. People who wish to dismiss the Golden Dawn are welcome to do so. It is their loss, not mine.

You don't need to join a "Golden Dawn" organization to study this material, all of my study of this was in the 70s with Regardie's first treatment of the Golden Dawn tradition.  It does, of course, require a lot of thought and reading in related literature to understand it, but it is worth the effort.

This is golden!  :D

Prayer.  :D

Yes!  :D

Be obedient to good Admonitions: avoid all procrastination: accustom thy self to Contancie and Gravity, both in thy words and deeds. Resist temptations of the Tempter, by the Word of God. Flee from earthly things; seek after heavenly things. Put no confidence in thy own wisdom; but look unto God in all things, according to that sentence of the Scripture:When we know not what we shall do, unto thee, O God, do we lift up our eyes, and from thee we expect our help. For where all humane refuges do forsake us, there will the help of God shine forth, according to the saying of Philo.

Arbatel, aph. 4 (Peterson's transcription)

SmilingOne, if you're in this (energy work) for the long run you'll find a very potent way to protect yourself from others is to clear your inner energy... sounds crazy, but hear me out...

in the beginning, when you begin to open up to energies around you, you're bombarded with it (and it's an amazing experience!) - some of it is good, some of it is draining, some of it feels like a cheese grater on your own energy body.

In the beginning (I started over 25 years ago) I was often affected by others, and could feel their energy from about a block away (both good and bad). I used to do clearings, protections, etc... to protect myself from their effects. Some worked well and some were simply what I refer to as 'lame visualizations'. My instructor (I was a disciple in Bagua Zhang) always told me to sit down and meditate - it is a better way to 'develop power' (for hitting) than the regular iron palm and iron vest exercises I was always so keen on.... plus about 3 hours of bagua circle walking each day.

A number of years later I was made aware of how important it is to clear our inner energy blockages. The analogy used is opening a water tap (increasing the energy volume) but the pipe is blocked (your inner energy can't permit much flow). So rather than focusing on gathering and developing exercises that I had invested so much time in, I began to work on clearing the inner energies (I often refer to it simply as 'inner work').

You see, most people think they need to 'accumulate' something in their life to accomplish these things (I was guilty of that too). "If I only had this in my life, I'd be happy... If I only had more of that in my life, I could do those things...".  Imagine you're holding onto the knob of a door on 1 side of the room, looking across the room at a door on the other side you'd like to enter. "Man, if only I had a pair of shoes I could make it over there.." is what we often say to ourselves and to others.  In fact, all you need is to let go of the door you are still holding that brought you into this room. That door has served its purpose, and you already are in the room. Let go of it, and walk over to the other door. The fact that we hold onto our past experiences often prevents us from moving forward in our development. We come into this life in the physical to deconstruct ourselves, unfortunately we get caught in the 'maze' and think we need to accumulate.

How many people have had an amazing energetic experience in the meditation, or their taiji, or their bagua practice, then returned the next day thinking to themself "I hope that happens again"..? It's the wrong approach. That energy has already unlocked itself, and you most likely will never experience that as a 'true' experience again. Oh sure, you could 'manifest' the experience by thinking about it but it's not the 'real' experience of the energy doing it by itself as a result of you unlocking something within you through your practise.... it's already unlocked now.  The real approach is to think "I wonder what will happen this time?" and simply practise the way you normally would as you continue to develop your skills.

So now let me get back to inner work.  You work on releasing, letting go of your issues... emotional, energetic, spiritual... you may experience tears, shivers, giggles, tingling... or other things...or perhaps you perceive none of this while it is happening. But as you unblock these inner channels more energy flows through you... like a pipe cleaner scrubbing the years of grime build up inside the plumbing lines.

As you get stronger a few things happen.... for example your vibration raises...especially if you begin to purify your diet (no pork, alcohol, cigarettes, nor coffee/stimulants for example).  Many people have a baseline frequency, and when we're all at that same level we can sense all of those around us that are within the 'range' of our frequency - that's when you're feeling the drains, the drug addicts, the physically injured (because they unknowingly take energy from all those around them to help themselves heal - who knew that a guy with a broken bone could cause so much energetic/physical discomfort just be being in his proximity?). When your vibration raises high enough that it's no longer in their frequency 'range' (the range you used to be a part of) their energy can no longer connect to yours as easily and you'll find comfort being around them, since they no longer have an effect on you and your own energy.

Another thing that happens as you 'clear the pipes' is that your reservoir increases in size - the amount of energy you contain at any given moment.  That's when you have so much abundance of energy that even the people that often cause the most discomfort energetically on others are like mosquito bites compared to dog bites they used to feel like on your energy body. Ever meet an experienced qi gong master or (for example) bagua master, that their very presence in the room raises everyone's own energy and suddenly no one feels tired, and they all want to be active?  That's the kind of abundance of which I speak - their very presence revitalizes those around them.

I've met people that say things like "just raise your vibration" - sure... that works a little bit, but how long can you maintain that concentration for? Are you able to raise it enough to get out of their range? And are you truly raising it, or simply creating a temporary shield around yourself by the intent you are putting out? IE - are we only fooling ourselves?

This isn't an overnight success. This isn't something you do in a weekend. It can take a few years of daily meditation... but you've got your whole life ahead of you, right? Three years goes by quickly. The results are permanent (unless you completely change your lifestyle and go in a different direction with things) compared to a visualization, a spell, a banishing or an energized stone. Fortunately it doesn't suddenly 'click in' after 3 years... it grows in that direction each day as you continue down that practise, so you can see the results manifesting along the way, which hopefully is rewarding enough to keep you focused because you are seeing positive results.

:)

good luck!

Edited by meeks
  • Like 6

An excellent recommendation spacester:

All the answers you seek are in this book: :)
https://www.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Classics-Shambhala/dp/1570627495/

I had this too say about Master Liao and his book a while back:

. . . I read his book back in the late seventies and saw him speak and give a very convincing demonstration circa 1980, the posts of . . . advanced students here has definitely reinforced my positive impression of him and his teaching.

I haven't read the later editions and it is possible that he has improved it in the intervening years, but even almost forty years ago it was an informative and well written book.

• Like 1