So I was reading The Magus of Java and stumbled upon the below sentences:

"Are you telling me that ch'i has amperage but does not have
voltage?"

"l think so. For example, I can withstand household electrical
current indefinitely without pain, but I cannot light up a lightbulb. I
have tried, many times."

And then I remembered this guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkAEHBhZ0ak

When I first saw it I thought it was chi, but now I don't know what to think.

What do you think?

Edited by Lao Sun Tao
  • Like 1

Only because it's physics. No current can flow unless there is a potential difference for it to flow.

That video is not about Chi.

But it is an honest demonstration of current flowing through his body but not seeking ground.  The chemical make-up of his body allow for the flow of current.  It's not normal but it's not supernatural either.

The concept of being able to measure Chi is an interesting concept though.  Perhaps one day someone will devise an instrument that is able to do that.

But it is an honest demonstration of current flowing through his body but not seeking ground.  The chemical make-up of his body allow for the flow of current.  It's not normal but it's not supernatural either.

The concept of being able to measure Chi is an interesting concept though.  Perhaps one day someone will devise an instrument that is able to do that.

In Garipolli's documentary, which was about two decades back, I believe there was a hint of such devise. You can look it up on Youtube if you want.

• Like 1

I briefly watched the video and the volt meter measured 200 volts. I wonder how many amps?

I briefly watched the video and the volt meter measured 200 volts. I wonder how many amps?

I would imagine it would be somewhere between 20 or 30 amps before a fuse blew or a breaker tripped.  The point is, for all practical purposes he is only an extension of the wire.  Very little resistance because of his body chemistry. 

I saw a video of a guy in china who lite a fluorescent light tube... 

• Like 1

I saw a video of a guy in china who lite a fluorescent light tube... 

That actually crossed my mind earlier in the thread but I couldn't remember if there were any documented cases of it happening.  There is this guy, I think in India, who has a very strong magnetic field and many metal (iron based) objects just stick to him as if he was a magnet.  Someone like that could possibly light a fluorescent tube.

Re:

-----

"The concept of being able to measure Chi is an interesting concept though.  Perhaps one day someone will devise an instrument that is able to do that."

-----

Traditional instrument for discerning qi is YinYang.

To study qi moving, we use 5 phases, and so on.

Generally, I often say "qi is the relative potential of YinYang at any point on any spectrum of matter or energy".

So there are many kinds of qi.

But more specifically, in terms of "cultivation", qi is also associated with hormonal responses and functions, some of which involve bio-electricity, but most involving chemical and metabolic energy processes.

Cultivation is the rendering of all "bodily processes" unto consciousness.

So I define my own studies, my "yoga" as "the rendering of all creation unto consciousness".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

Doing a few calculations for those who are interested.

Working on the guy having a resistance of 2125 ohms the resistance of the bulb being 733 ohms given a 60 watt bulb.

Total resistance in series 2858 ohms

Voltage 220

Current flowing through circuit is 0.077A (77mA approx twice the safety breaker circuit of 30mA)

V1 volt drop across man 163 volts

V2 volt drop across bulb 56 volts.

All things being equal the lamp will light but at 25% of the usual intensity.

163 volts is survivable but not pleasant. 77mA is enough to kill but it isn't excessive current and I've survived a lot more many times for short bursts. Certainly wouldn't particularly like to connect myself up like that.

The hot plate and blender are interesting tricks. In the case of the hot plate he lowered his resistance through his skin by using multiple coils close together.

No attempt was made to examine the equipment for batteries or other devices. The hot plate might have been gas powered. Was anything chemical applied to the skin as a conductor ?

• Like 1