Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Alternating standing practice with Kunlun.

I used to love standing practice. But the high energy that it brought in made me too tense. If I backed off on the standing practice to a level I could tolerate, it just wasn't as worth doing anymore. So the whole practice got shelved.

Happily, Kunlun was the missing ingredient... Now I can do as much standing as I like and just follow it up later in the day with Kunlun. Kunlun benefits from the higher energy level and, in turn, processes the energy as needed.

They are a great team!

I'm just doing Max's 5 element standing, but I'm sure other forms of standing would work nicely too.

In the future I'll revisit sungazing and retention to see if Kunlun can help out those practices too. But for the time being, I'm set.

I'm just doing Max's 5 element standing, but I'm sure other forms of standing would work nicely too.

Is 5 element standing the close guarded practice as Red Phoenix ? Have we to wait till Aussie seminar?

Standing meditation is awesome. I think we pretty much have established we like standing before we met Max :)

I do enjoy that he includes that component as one of the 3 legs of his system and no doubt will be adding it in at some point.

My desire to focus exclusively on Level 1 for a year is to really make sure my nervous system and channels are in good shape first. I think for most people the energy of just the Kunlun practice is enough to digest for a good while.

The transmission from Max has been it's own animal. I could probably not practice for a month and still experience stuff.

I was pretty interested in seeing if others had experienced what I had after transmission. So far..it sounds like Yoda has had a pretty smooth transission(which is not a bad thing) I don't even think Sean Denty even mentioned any experiences. It sounds like Sean was so deep already in the Lei Shan Dao tranining that maybe the trasnmission wasn't as powerful as someone like me who never got transmisison from any teacher before?

I don't know.

I am happy to see Vortex having all kinds of openings. It doesn't sound like anyone has gotten technical or opened up about that. The capstone of the pyramid, baby dinousaur, interesting lights in the sky :lol:

So..are people just not opening up or am I just the freak of the group?

BTW I don't want to freak anyone out about the Baby Dinousaur thing or lights in the sky.

Max didn't really go into it but I guess they are higher dimensional beings(sort of like Tao Immortals?) that can help you in your practice.

I think the Mayans and Egyptians talk about it alot. Of course the Tao tradition is full of talk about Dragons.

The lights in the sky..well..yeah we probably just need to realize the Earth isn't the center of the universe or the only intelligent life in the universe at some point. I don't know. It can be heavy, paridigm shifting stuff so my feeling is it's best for people to take there time and just relax with it.

Oh..standing meditation is awesome!

I am happy to see Vortex having all kinds of openings. It doesn't sound like anyone has gotten technical or opened up about that. The capstone of the pyramid, baby dinousaur, interesting lights in the sky :lol:

So..are people just not opening up or am I just the freak of the group?

Yea, I want to journal my experiences thus far before I forget them...but haven't had time to yet.

I did have a small awakening after I opened...but haven't gotten to your level yet. I did see an image of the Great Pyramid with a gleaming gold capstone as seen from miles away...but I think that was some sort of flashback and not the same as what you're talking about. You are definitely a freakish prodigy in a league of your own here. :D

And I'm sure Max's transmission gives a huge jumpstart...but it's still only part of the equation. If you have existing energy blockages, control issues or are too stuck in your head, etc...those are all going to impede the flow and speed of your progress. Hence, mileage will vary between individuals.

I wouldn't feel too bad if you're slow, though. It seems some of the slower ones tend to open with bigger eruptions when they do. Like Chris, who took like 6 weeks to open - but bounced 8' back into the snow when he finally did!

Exactly!

In a way the way Chris opened up might be a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, things are the way they are and we each experience them the way we experience them.

One thing that has just started to come up which I really like is to really start to have fun with this.

I mean..not to get too weird with it..but the Jedi in Star Wars and stuff...like...if there are any Jedi's in training it's us dude :lol:

Not even too really take any of this too seriously. Laid back..fun...laid back..fun...my new mantra.

I'm sort of surprised about how many taobums that have been to see Max but have disapeared. Little Max, Trunk, Thelerner come to mind. Others like Bindu and Turbo will just occasionally drop in.

Maybe they like Kunlun so much, they don't have time to post anymore? The space lizards ate them most likely.

It sounds like Cam and Vortex are the two taobums who have gone the furthest in our group in a very short amount of time and I'm glad they are still posting!

K--The standing will be discussed in Max's next book due out in 2 months, btw.

I am still practicing Kunlun, Red Phoenix, and the Maoshan 5 elements. I have been going to a seminar each month since August. I have been practicing in the morning and at night and during the day when I can. I am happy with the progress I have been making. I haven't been posting lately but have been reading with interest what you guys are writing. Did Max take you guys on a special outing in Phoenix? That would be interesting in hearing about.

I noticed that my movements in Kunlun have become more softer lately. Perhaps that is from starting to do Kunlun Level 2 this month. In the book it mentions that the abrupt movements in Level 1 will not happen as much once you start doing Level 2. Max told me that most people will give up on Level 2 as eventually you will get to 36 repetitions on each side and you can be holding your breath up to 2 to 3 minutes. for each one. I am going to keep at it.

I had some very interesting internal experiences and wanted to tell everyone about them. Max advised me to keep them to myself as everyone has their own personal experiences and it dissipates the energy when you tell people about them.

Anyway I am glad that a few people have taken to the Kunlun practice and hope to see you guys at some of the future seminars. Craig

Can't really talk about the outings in Phoenix. I wish I could. I met some very interesting characters myself after the first workshop.

My guess is-and I really don't have a clue how it really works just my guess-when your energy reaches a certain level you start to get "noticed" by other beings. I really can't get into details and frankly don't know much about it myself(nor do I have a particularly strong interest to know more about it at this point).

But yeah..the Earth is a pretty small planet. Let's just leave it at that :)

Your hooked up directly with Max so by all means ask him more questions when you see him.

Cam

If I met Max right now, I dont think I'd know what to ask, other than perhaps some postural corrections he'd likely make if we werent 1:1. I'm kinda just...goin... :)

Sign in to follow this