Sign in to follow this  
Wells

account name change request :)

Actually I am hinting to the element of space as it is defined by tibetan buddhism. ;)

I pretty much knew that but being a Taoist I enjoy messing with members who appear to me to be Buddhist oriented.

• Like 1

Btw, a spacester can see why the symbol for Wuji is a circle,

an empty circle (which is not empty)...

I don't talk about emptiness often.  (Agree, empty is not really empty.)  I generally counter "emptiness" with "fulness".

And in my mind it's not black and white (mine is black and red) but shades of grey except for the two dots (focal [or return] points).

• Like 2

Some things are like drops in the ocean...

Agree.  And when we look deeper we realizes that most, if not all, things are like drops in the ocean.

People often have no concept of Taiji and therefore mistake Yin for Wuji.

But I guess Wuji doesn't care...

I found that funny.

You are right though - Wuji is non-dual and complete.  Yin/Yang are the first instance of duality.  But it is Yin and Yang that makes Wuji complete.

And so very true, objective reality does not care what subjective labels we put on it.

• Like 1

In the Vedic system, space or Akasha is the fifth element. It takes the place of aether in the Aristotelian model.

Aether, also called the quintessence, is thought of as being in the centre of the cross of the elements, linking them - but arguably also their origin. It also pervades all space beyond the terrestrial (sublunar) sphere.

Given the proximity of all these ideas, I would say, yes, we can draw a parallel between Wuji (the origin of Taiji) and space.

Continued on spacester's spaced out new thread...

• Like 1

People often have no concept of Taiji and therefore mistake Yin for Wuji.

But I guess Wuji doesn't care...

Wuji schmooji.

In the Vedic system, space or Akasha is the fifth element. It takes the place of aether in the Aristotelian model.

In the movie with Bruce Willis the fifth element is love.

• Like 1

Wuji schmooji.

Still means nothing(ness). ;)

Yeah but it's a groovy kind of nothingness.

• Like 2

Yeah but it's a groovy kind of nothingness.

Wuji kinda groovy with a schmooji little <something> like you...

(Still needs a little work but it's gotta good beat and it's good to dance to.)

• Like 3

Hello,

I would like to change my current name into 'smallsteps'. While browsing the internet for an avatar, I found that 'babysteps' was the title of a manga..Besides, smallsteps seems more appropriate.

Thank you

Hello,

I would like to change my current name into 'smallsteps'. While browsing the internet for an avatar, I found that 'babysteps' was the title of a manga..Besides, smallsteps seems more appropriate.

Thank you

You have officially progressed from babysteps to smallsteps...   I look forward to the next steps  :D

This affects your login in too ;)

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this