smilingone

Spring Forest Qigong - questions

Some questions about SFQ,

How does this system compare with Flying Phoenix Qigong?

And

How far can you go with this system by learning only from the DVD's? And practicing on your own?

• Like 1

Both are very legitimate. I met practitioners of Flying Phoenix at SFQ events. They were fantastic, very open people. I don't think you can go wrong with either, and I've heard only good things about Flying Phoenix. I'd say find the path that resonates with you most, and stick to it.

Flying Phoenix has a very tangible lineage feel to its energy, and there are many many forms and meditations. In Spring Forest Qigong, there is not a lineage so to speak, we channel unconditional love and the universal energy. We work on ourselves from the bottom up as an energetic individual, there are no shortcuts so to speak. There are only a handful of movement forms, and it's heavy on visualization sometimes.

I think both systems can take you so far beyond your expectations that you can just stick to the one you like best. Remember that the mindset that you approach the movements with is even more important, and transcends any system. It is who you are as a being, and what direction you are developing yourself that matters. In that sense, there is no difference between the two systems, they are brothers. 

• Like 1

I've watched that video and practiced it, OldChi, but is it enough for the foundation of the practice?

I am curious where I might be able to find a set of practices -affordably- I can begin to work with. Thoughts?

I've watched that video and practiced it, OldChi, but is it enough for the foundation of the practice?

I am curious where I might be able to find a set of practices -affordably- I can begin to work with. Thoughts?

I am not a practitioner of that system, but Chunyi Lin has some choice words to say about fundamental exercises of the systems in his interview. 

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/16067-interview-with-chunyi-lin-of-spring-forest-qigong/page-1

Edited by OldChi

Several of the foundation standing exercises are available on its official Youtube channel. The DVD is not that much money, even on a limited budget

Lets say i learn and practice SFQ a lot but only from the dvd's and I never get a change to meet Chunyi Lin and get the deeper teachings and he would die one day can I take what I have learned and practiced and go to a different system with a live teacher?

Some questions about SFQ,

How does this system compare with Flying Phoenix Qigong?

And

How far can you go with this system by learning only from the DVD's? And practicing on your own?

I've never learned Flying Phoenix, but I know there's more techniques to it than SFQ.

And my opinion is that, as with even the simplest of spiritual practices, you can go to the heights of spiritual experience with SFQ, or again, with ANY technique (such as sitting and observing the breath).