Sign in to follow this  
mettanoob

hello

I found this forum when googling dao de jing study group. I'm South East Asian born Chinese aka overseas chinese and a student of buddhism. A brief look at the DDJ made me think there're some similarities; hence my interest in the DDJ. English is my primary language, but I'm looking for translations and interpretations done by native Chinese speakers. The page I found thru google was a discussion on chapter 56  and there a user "on the path" mentioned a Flowing Hands book (of the DDJ?) which I would like to explore. Wonder if there's an online preview copy?

Hello mettanoob, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi mettanoob,

Well, I think you landed at a good place to do research of the DDJ.  Flowing Hands hasn't been active here recently but his transliteration of the DDJ is available.  And a number of we members have done studies of all the Chapters of the DDJ.  Get comfortable with how this forum is set up and then ask your questions.  There will always be someone around to give guidance.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hi Earl Grey, nice to meet another overseas chinese here :) hahaha I'm in the land of the missing & shot-down planes  :P  I'm a banana but feel more comfy with cantonese rather than mandarin. We have all kinds here, Hokkiens, Teochews, Hainans, Hakkas, Foochows and of course the cantos. Care to show me around and point out the other overseas chinese members?

@Marblehead, thanks for the warm welcome. Well, I found one of his posts back in late 2015 where he said ppl could download a "transmitted version" from his website; unfortunately his site is "no longer available" Could you share your copy with me?

@Marblehead, thanks for the warm welcome. Well, I found one of his posts back in late 2015 where he said ppl could download a "transmitted version" from his website; unfortunately his site is "no longer available" Could you share your copy with me?

I looked but can't find the darned thing.  I made a comment in that thread you posted to.

Sign in to follow this