Sign in to follow this  
roger

the rebellion of Lucifer, the fall of Adam and Eve, the nature of sickness, and the key to healing

Most people know that Lucifer's rebellion from Heaven involved his desire to replace God. He said, "I will be like the Most High."

Also, when Satan tempted Eve to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he told her that eating the fruit would make her "like God."

These are allegories imo. But they're metaphors for something real (or perhaps, illusory).

A quote from A Course in Miracles is, "Sickness is a method, conceived in madness, for placing the Son of God (that's you) on his Father's throne."

Now, imo, the whole thing is part of a divine plan - the whole thing was SUPPOSED to happen.

But here's the thing. There's a HUGE misunderstanding that underlies and gives rise to this "method, conceived in madness, for placing the Son of God on his Father's throne."

This is the truth that healed me completely of the imagined need to replace God, or whatever:

God didn't "create" us out of NOTHING. We ARE God. We are FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God. We have ALWAYS existed - always been the "Universal Spirit" that is God.

You see, neither the soul nor the ego are satisfied with the idea that they were once non-existent, and then God "created" them - AND RIGHTLY SO - that's an unloving, unjoyful idea.

I will tell you all that I've experienced the healing I'm talking about, so my words come from my own experience.

Most people know that Lucifer's rebellion from Heaven involved his desire to replace God. He said, "I will be like the Most High."

Also, when Satan tempted Eve to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he told her that eating the fruit would make her "like God."

These are allegories imo. But they're metaphors for something real (or perhaps, illusory).

A quote from A Course in Miracles is, "Sickness is a method, conceived in madness, for placing the Son of God (that's you) on his Father's throne."

Now, imo, the whole thing is part of a divine plan - the whole thing was SUPPOSED to happen.

But here's the thing. There's a HUGE misunderstanding that underlies and gives rise to this "method, conceived in madness, for placing the Son of God on his Father's throne."

This is the truth that healed me completely of the imagined need to replace God, or whatever:

God didn't "create" us out of NOTHING. We ARE God. We are FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God. We have ALWAYS existed - always been the "Universal Spirit" that is God.

You see, neither the soul nor the ego are satisfied with the idea that they were once non-existent, and then God "created" them - AND RIGHTLY SO - that's an unloving, unjoyful idea.

I will tell you all that I've experienced the healing I'm talking about, so my words come from my own experience.

Lucifer doesn't have a rebellion going on. He gets too much pay from underground.

God didn't create man. The heavenly system got created 300 million years ago. The last species created was 8 billion years ago. The last species created was a species of black Neanderthal. There is only one humankind species that doesn't have a black gene and they don't go to light skin. Hawaiians and Polynesians don't make their skin white. Melanin is a multi-purpose chemical. It could be necessary for more muscle mass.

Homo Sapien Sapien is an earlier species. I'm hoping that the next species created will be sterile. Sprites could be very small humans. Sperm and live eggs are an issue.

Edited by lino

It's interesting, because Jesus' teaching is, "Be perfect therefore as your Heavenly Father is perfect." - Matthew 5:48

Maybe it's not so bad to strive to be like God (strive to be fully good) - but where the fault lies is in having hubris, or having no humility, and claiming to sit on the throne of power. The truth is that we're not completely omniscient and omnipotent, so of course none of us are God. We're just human beings.

• Like 2

well..  My name Michael, literally means/asks 'Who is like God?', I believe the question is meant as a reminder, it ain't you. 

Personally, from my point of view, this is all way too much anthropomorphisizing God.  God is big, above and beyond the totality of time and space.  At best we're pieces within God's imagination. 

If you get inspiration from ye olde bible stories, great, but in my opinion the early stories are myths and parables, any great truth you pull from them, is your own.   I consider later biblical stories legends-  stories laid on, expanded and mythologize of real events through the eyes of a mystery school, ie  interpreted through the lens that God is behind every event.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Cool post! I happen to agree with the idea that we are all manifestations of God, as well.  I could never get into the whole "We are sinners, unworthy" type of attitude.  Everyone is divine, and once you realize it many negative aspects start to fall away IMHE.  I think that's part of the whole Age of Aquarius / Horus, is empowerment and confidence in knowing in fact, we ARE special, and not separate from God.  

In my experience, the most important part of this viewpoint is not getting carried away that YOU are special and part of God ... it's that OTHER people are. :D

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

The question I had at one time when I was looking for a reason to disprove the tenents of Catholicism was to challenge the story where Lucifer temps Jesus at the pinnacle of the temple.

Jesus being a God/man and having an abundance of humility would, not im my opinion, come down and go to his apostles and tell them he had beaten the Devil at his own game. And if my hypothesis seems reasonable, I would submit to you this question, who was the person that seemed to have first hand knowledge of this event and where was he in all this? There seems to be a consistant account of this event found in Mathew 4:1-11, and Luke 4: 1-13. But these two appostles do not seem to be there with Jesus as he is being tempted by Lucifer.

Now, some Books of the Bible were purposely left out like the Gospel according to Mary etc. so, there may be a missing Gospel still to be found. In my readings in the Knostic Bible, I was not able to  find this missing link.

However, those in Authority regarding the Catholic Church will encourage you to have faith in the Mystery of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The question I had at one time when I was looking for a reason to disprove the tenents of Catholicism was to challenge the story where Lucifer temps Jesus at the pinnacle of the temple.

Jesus being a God/man and having an abundance of humility would, not im my opinion, come down and go to his apostles and tell them he had beaten the Devil at his own game. And if my hypothesis seems reasonable, I would submit to you this question, who was the person that seemed to have first hand knowledge of this event and where was he in all this? There seems to be a consistant account of this event found in Mathew 4:1-11, and Luke 4: 1-13. But these two appostles do not seem to be there with Jesus as he is being tempted by Lucifer.

Now, some Books of the Bible were purposely left out like the Gospel according to Mary etc. so, there may be a missing Gospel still to be found. In my readings in the Knostic Bible, I was not able to  find this missing link.

However, those in Authority regarding the Catholic Church will encourage you to have faith in the Mystery of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Good point! 

The other gnostic gospels all say that Jesus' true teachings was to show that the way to salvation was to connect God with the man - a personal connection with God within each one of us.  It's easy to twist it and worship Jesus, rather than following his example.

I believe Jesus' message was pure, but got distorted over the years and used as a method of control by men in power.

Edited by Fa Xin

It's interesting, because Jesus' teaching is, "Be perfect therefore as your Heavenly Father is perfect." - Matthew 5:48

Maybe it's not so bad to strive to be like God (strive to be fully good) - but where the fault lies is in having hubris, or having no humility, and claiming to sit on the throne of power. The truth is that we're not completely omniscient and omnipotent, so of course none of us are God. We're just human beings.

This is great man. First, cause I never thought of the connection to the verse in regards to the Lucifer verse, and secondly, because as far as I can tell being perfect like God has nothing to do with flexing power or being self-righteous cause you are 'so good' but is absolutely about humility. 

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"God didn't "create" us out of NOTHING. We ARE God. We are FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God."

-----

True in a very practical way.

How did we appear? From what?

Isn't the Sun a compression of space?

Isn't the Earth a compression of the energy of the Sun?

Aren't plants manifestations of Earth?

Do not all animals arise from compacting plants?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

I was thinking about the terms we use for the Higher Power, especifically God and Tao, or Jesus and Buddha. For me, we are using descriptors to identify what we believe in without being religious, Christians, Catholics... For me the issue is the organization managed by humans. It is hard to seperate years of conditioning from what appears to be the essence. For instance, the process of what happens between lighting a match and the ashes it leaves is unknown. Oh, we can explain it chemically, but there is that something that remains a mystery, a wonder that cannot be explained adequately. And so, since we as humans are looking for closure, we assign a name to it like Prime Matter, First Cause, Big Bang, God(s), Tao, Essence, etc. This process makes man feel in control and happy.

Question: How did Lucifer get his name? I aways see a group of angels, some good, some bad with a leader. Lucifer use to be a beautiful name, now it connotates Evil and uggliness. So, a guy in an office up in Heaven called Lucifer in and told him that there cannot be two sheriffs in town, and he's got to get out because he has been a bad angel. Lucifer, being passive/aggressive makes an infinite decision to mess with God's creation until the end of time. So, what happens when there are no more humans to mess with? What town does Lucifer go back to to Sheriff>

if the potential for Jesus to fail was not present then his great spiritual tests were fake,  which btw I don't think they were.

if the potential for Jesus to fail was not present then his great spiritual tests were fake, which btw I don't think they were.

In the hypotetical scenario in which he failed, what elements of The story would be different?

If Jesus' tomb was found, or if he was proven to be just like any one of us, a lot of Christians around the world would be bewildered, confused, and lost. That is how it is that the movie "The Last Temptaion of Jesus" was so controversial.

Edited by Jim D.

Lucifer is a misunderstood champion who fought for the freedom of mankind from the yoke of creation.

Who beat Lucifer in the Garden of Eden? Wait, so God is the evil guy here. And he took it out on Adam and Eve for being weak and impressionalbe. I wonder how long it took Adam and Eve to notice the snake slithering around the garden. I don't think that any of the other animals and creatures could talk. Adam and Eve were kind of ill informed by God who could have told them watch out for that one...he is the evil one.

I wonder if the other animals had mates? Too bad Adam and Eve got kick out by Michael the Archangel...

Sign in to follow this