Sign in to follow this  
3bob

It's said most spiritual progress...

It's said most spiritual progress can be made during times like these of great strife and conflict, that may be true but I'm getting kind of tired after learning how to "duck and cover" in the late 50's (during grade school) for potential atomic warfare, and after that everything else from A-Z comig down the pike... how about you?

a moments peace to you all amidst it all  

Edited by 3bob

I don't worry too much about the problems of the world.  I have my own to contend with.  I'm doing pretty good.  Hey!, I have found peace and contentment.  I think there is also a little spirituality in there somewhere too but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

When there's conflict, you will automatically start to look for a solution and that's where spirituality comes in. But actually solving a problem requires peace and calm. And time. Ask the monks.

• Like 1

When the pieces fall of the table, its up to you to reshape the game. Be the calm at the center of the storm. 

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

It's said most spiritual progress can be made during times like these of great strife and conflict, that may be true but I'm getting kind of tired after learning how to "duck and cover" in the late 50's (during grade school) for potential atomic warfare, and after that everything else from A-Z comig down the pike... how about you?

a moments peace to you all amidst it all  

I guess you could say that the world has always been a place of great strife and conflict.

Unfortunately, the difference these days is that we're militarily powerful enough to destroy ourselves completely.

Neale Donald Walsch said (supposedly God revealed this to him), "When a civilization's technological development surpasses its moral development, the civilization destroys itself."

Supposedly, that's what happened to Atlantis.

The question is, what can be done about this?

If it's a matter of "moral development," then we must find a way to evolve, and help each other evolve, in that respect.

Krishnamurti seemed to teach that only the individual, through "finding out what love is," can truly save the world.

The non-physical entity Lazaris said that when a person frees themselves from darkness and lack of love, there is less darkness in the world - he said, "not just ONE person less, but LESS."

It might be that it will require enough people to accomplish that for humankind to survive.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER!!

Edited by roger
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this