smilingone

Simple, easy, yet powerful QiGong

Hi folks,

I'm looking into learning a for of QiGong or Daichi that is relatively easy to learn, a simple form, preferably from videos but also powerful.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Smile

• Like 2

Hi folks,

I'm looking into learning a for of QiGong or Daichi that is relatively easy to learn, a simple form, preferably from videos but also powerful.

Smile

Maybe "Qigong for Self-Healing" from Jenny Lamb. Visit easterninternalarts.org to order it.

Or possibly "Spring Forest Qigong" by Chunyi Lin, which OldChi mentioned above.

Of those two, I've only practiced Spring Forest, and I do find it effective and easy.

But I've heard from others that Jenny Lamb's techniques are also effective and easy.

Walking Meditation. It represents the principle of the simpler the better. You can do it for hours non-stop if you like. It massages the entire energetic system, body, mind, internal organs and meridians.

Backed up with this extra reading material.

Expect the deepest level of relaxation you'll ever encounter in your entire life.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

Smile

Restoring Your Life Energy: Simple Chi Gung Practices to Reduce Stress and Enhance Well-Being https://www.amazon.com/dp/1590309960/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kaJIxb7QXCXTC

Follow the instructions in this book.

• Like 1

Smilingone,

You might want to get Roger Jahnke's book, "The Healing Promise of Qi," which my brother has and he told me it's very good.

The reviews of it on amazon say it's amazing.

I planned on ordering a copy but I've got a few books I want to read first.

The only thing is it's a book, not a DVD, so the instructions might not be as easy to follow.

So much depends on you and what you want.  I´m really getting into the Zapchen practice of sighing and yawn that Rigdzen Trindley talks about in his personal practice forum.  Very relaxing and destressing -- not qigong though.

I´m also a fan of really simple things like "swinging arms."  For something simple but more meditative you might try the "inner smile."  You can get Michael Winn´s free ebook about the inner smile if you´re willing to sign up for his newsletter (healingtaousa.com).

If it´s a "form" you´re after I also like Michael Winn´s version of primordial qigong.  There´s a dvd to buy that you can learn from if you like.  Kind of like Tai Chi but much simpler and for spiritual development rather than martial arts.

And then of course you could pick a system, always a good option for steady continuous growth.  There´s lots of recommended ones to choose from: stillness-movement, spring forest, yi gong ---for starters.

So much depends on you and what your goals are.  If you could tell us a little bit more about what you hope to get out of your practice, people could probably make more focused suggestions.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I have been looking into the Zhan Zhuang video series - seems simple yet powerful.

What can you achieve by that practice alone? Will it give you tremendous inner strength?

• Like 1

Master Lam Kam Chuen has some great Zhang Zhuang videos on youtube. Standing in Wu Chi posture 30 minutes daily (slowly increase time as you get better) is a great way to build internal strength. The only challenge with these postures is they require good body mechanics to work. Practice well and you will achieve the benefits, also he's got a classic book the Way of Energy: https://www.amazon.com/Way-Energy-Mastering-Internal-Strength/dp/0671736450/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468752192&sr=8-1&keywords=The+way+of+energy

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

A Taoist Master once said : Remember that the best in Qigong is to use the simplest form to reach the formless. Why ? Because we are trying to make Qigong no different than our daily life activities . We don't need sophisticated tools to be natural.

Can you be in the emptiness when walking slowly at sunrise ? When doing daily chores ?

Spring Forest Qigong movements might be what you are looking for - they have no physical exertion whatsoever. From the moment you expand your arms for Breathing of the Universe, you are swimming in the emptiness. The SFQ level 1 movements are so stripped down and bare bones that you could say they are nothing. Yet they are something, because the Qi you feel is very real, your entire being feels renewed and refreshed.

So to answer your thread, I'd vote for practicing the SFQ movements from YouTube and following along.

SFQ Movements fit what you are looking for, here's what makes them special:

1) They were chosen by the Master to make you enter the emptiness immediately

2) Every movement is deceptively simple yet whole body balancing energetically

3) Every movement carries the Master's energy which strengthens their effect

Because you're not practicing sophisticated meridian Qigong to enter the emptiness, you'll find that everyday life offers you more opportunities to get into a Qigong state.

EDIT: If you don't want or are too tired to practice, I'd recommend just watching the videos. Your own energy body will respond. It's not quite as powerful as doing the movement yourself, but it can refresh you, try it out ! 

Edited by Sebastian