kartika

Lee Holden - is it worth?

Hi there!

Is it worth to study QiGong online with Lee Holden? Has anyone experience with the Lee Holden stuff?

Thank you for your opinions!

Katinka

Why?  :)  Alternative is learning the 18 Lohan Hands in a Weekend Course in Austria. In my area is no QiGong Teacher or Institut. But i dont know what is a good long timer  :unsure:

Why?  

To understand why not to do something, first you need to understand why to do it . Try answering the question: what exactly will i get for my hard earned $99?

Level 4 Qi Gong Immersion - What We'll Cover

Postures of Power – you'll use these standing postures to build and store Qi in the lower Tan Tien, the seat of the Pearl of Consciousness, and circulate it through the meridians

Inner Alchemy Meditation – you will build this Pearl of Consciousness and pack it with Qi, as you begin to sense how you're independent of the physical aspect of your being

ONE-TIME PAYMENT

$997

Best Value – Save over $160!

Uuuh a Pearl! And of Consciousness too!

It all depends on what you are looking for, your expectations, standards, etc.

I could write why I have decided not to pursue anything from Holden, but it would be just my brain dump nothing more. Different people have different (some even strange :-) criteria.

Why?  :)  Alternative is learning the 18 Lohan Hands in a Weekend Course in Austria. In my area is no QiGong Teacher or Institut. But i dont know what is a good long timer  :unsure:

Live teaching is better than online, if the teacher is good. He'll correct what you are doing wrong.

On a quick check I see there is also a solidly looking Zhineng qigong institute in Austria with various teaching places. Zhineng qigong is famous for healing purposes.

Thank you all! i dont mean the Level 4 immersion. I look at the Weekly Classes Online. 12 1 1/4 Hour Classes for 29$ every month. 

I live in the Czech Republic. I would drive to Austria for a Week or a Weekend, but not for regular Training.

In Czech republic, from those I would vouch for without hesitation, there is Hunyuan Qigong by Pavel Codl in Prague, and a Xing Yi Neigong teacher from China (perhaps a bit hidden, don't know if he's teaching openly).

Then there are some Gui Gen qigong teachers, Zhong Yuan Qigong (don't know much about), Eight Brocades definitely, there are even some Chinese teachers settled in Prague and Brno, mostly martial arts teachers but occasionally teaching qigong. Eagle in the Nest style, albeit non-traditional, has strong community and regular events and seemed OK to me.

Lee Holden is in Mantak Chia's lineage, there is Tao Centrum Praha if you are into their teachings.

Small czech qigong discussion group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/240299659345455/