Sign in to follow this  
sagebrush

when universe is teacher

in yoga class tonight I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson gifted from the universe.

I will start by stating I do really enjoy the instructor. She is easily approachable, knowledgeable, most the time there are may things during class that are light hearted and fun laughable.

Tonight though I enjoyed the tongue in cheek universal insistence on "sound"!

During yoga there is music on in the background. Usually Krishna Das, Deva Premal, or Snatam Kaur etc. Tonight I am sure Jagjit Singh was on--I was in my groove!

Feeling very strong. and loving the music as well.

The yoga teacher says: well I hope no one is attached to this music because I am turning it to something else. I snickered because I was liking it, but oh. well.....I can switch gears----

well she turned it to Deva Premal....but as soon as Deva song was over the next song AGAIN was Jagjit Singh  :wub::P but a different one this time. So, my joy here. not sure why other than I really like him and that the universe decided...or call it what you want....it unfolded as such. Jagjit was gonna be heard!

fun class tonight and it was vey uplifting on Monday evenings!

• Like 3

adding something good each day:

so disdain about humanity---oh geez. :angry:

how about something really simple.

plucked from the worksite-

a mother takes her two boys to clean up/help victims of the floods.

is it a solution to the end of the worlds problems?

no

As I watch an ant farm I learn what living in the "Great Integrity" means. I see Wu Wei Wu in practice.

• Like 2

Krishna Das rocks.  Had the pleasure of sharing a week with him at the Sivananda ashram.  Great guy. 

Right music, good people.. the groove gets on. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

not sure about ant farm and great integrity

what little I know about ant is they are usually not wanted at picnics or all over the kitchen counter, but as insects go, they seem industrious within their kingdom

not sure if you are serious in your analogy or not? or what exactly you are pointing toward.

I would not want to have ants on me at any ashram or concert regardless of great music.

enjoyed reading the creed from pronoia and quote from roth

www-not sure of that practice -the definition is on a piece of paper on the kitchen counter-something regarding water

I did do a universal yoga class month or so ago and started with a "fishy walk" that was terrible. that was the name the instructor gave it

caution to anyone with hemmorids :wub: and extra cush

starting at the back of the yoga mat begin walking your butt from left to right back and forth not using hands

just shimmy from the bottom to the top and then back again--

no thanks-

and I heard on my treehouse show on tv the practice of shinrin yoku

the couple pete nelson built a treehouse for live in kentucky

and they climb trees with ropes and teach how to do so.

lots of peace in forests-trees

lots to learn here.and unlearn

Edited by sagebrush

The ant farm is enclosed and can be viewed from both sides. Each ant has its own roll to paly. It is innately there. No one is voted in, or volunteered. There are no discussion, or in fighting, or egos involved. There is a leader who never signed up for the job. They have a cemetary to bury their dead, and a nursury to care for their young. They gather nutrients for the coloney, and they dispose of their waste. They have a farm, and they have soldiers. The process of living just is, because they are.

What is interesting is that they will no live forever in captivity. It seems that if their boundaries are not boundless they are doomed to stagnation and spiritual extinction.

It was man that came up with the idea of selling nature inside of a plastic container. The ants were not recyclable.

Edited by Jim D.
  • Like 1

some of my sound would not belong in an ashram

I am going to name drop a bit because I think it is good to legitimize certain yoga instructors and where practices come from-

in the light of the truth of matters here-

eva is local instructor at a studio here in town near me-she named it the fishy walk-not sure why-maybe just a cute way to describe something.

the class was originally ashtanga but I think this area  yoga struggles immensely with a predominant Baptist/Christian philosophy majority----

so the class was changed up after being cancelled for sometime into 'universal yoga"

andrey lappa(whom I have not met)

mara healy-out of north Carolina-did a 3 day intensive ashtanga workshop-

eva-here local-

incredibly strong and very driven these females.dedication to yoga

I am name dropping because there is nothing to hide and these people are professional.I certainly hope that they would not take offense to me mentioning yoga asanas stuff.

I am tired of validating my self worth honestly

done some pretty shitty things and I may continue to do so-

but hoping to clear out debris and clutter

and get serious with everyday healing

walking in the meadows of life more gently

I do have my battles picked(away from the meadow)

and although the mind memory is not trustworthy-some days are crystal clear from my perspective.

....I had a wake up call once and I said out loud as I woke up one morning that it would take me five years to stop cussing.

Edited by sagebrush

I just don't understand you Jim- I honestly do not.

just say it without the ant analogy.

is the preference HERE that I not communicate?

share?

ask questions?

should I shoot myself?

am I a spiritual entity? I don't think so

do I think you have all the answers-no

am I delusional

convoluted

psychotic

schitzopherenic

bi polar

oh or how about aspergers-

I will say that I did run into an old friend years ago-we were both laughing and amazed about running into each other in yoga class

she is friends with my instructor

she proceeded to tell the entire class that I taught her every dirty word she ever learned after they moved to my neighborhood

at a young age.

terrible laughter broke out-

and she mentioned I was a bully-

so I said Annette-

I have some new words for you NOW-

prajna

manomyokosha

anamyokosha

she was not interested in those :P

so yes jim when you mess with a bull you get bullshit

but maybe there is more to IT

you are not held captive here

It is hard to determine whether I am trying to control the outcome, or it is the Universe guiding me. Does anybody have an example of where the Universe guided them?

I do not have answers tonight.

to any questions:

will meditate on them

including why someone with pretty hands puts on gloves

and tim

adding something positive today-

very happy to briefly see a fawn today. I think startled by a cat hunting.

because not long after the fawn was negotiating the fence line

neighbors cat-came running up not long after in stealth mode

he let out a cat wince-eyeballing after a bird in the bramble-and he was too slow to catch it-

I just placed a salt lick-trace minerals the size of a brick on the crest of the hill by the woods.

hoping for not only a bird sanctuary but deer viewings

I see them mostly on the other side of the fence line-

but have on two occasions now seen them on our side of the fence line.

eventually I need to get a stump or log round and put the block on it-

two stalks of corn are growing -maybe more from scrap bird seed.

queens annes lace is in full bloom

plus so many sunflowers that have grown to atleast 14"-from black oil sunflower seed

I watched in two days time-literally the top green leaves-skeletonized by slugs or Japanese beetles-guessing

have turned tilted more facing the morning sun.

looking forward to seeing how tall they grow.

and as far as pranayam I would have only held my breath less than 4 second count maybe 2x-

I must be reading into things.

Sagebrush, my analogy of the ant farm could be safely equated with and answered by the Tao Te Ching and what man did to himself in regressing towards the Industrial Revoltion, and thereafter producing their alienation from "the Great Integrity."

Last night I was in the mood to write prose. And so I did. I apologize for the confusion.

• Like 1

well thanks for the apology although not sure it is needed for me.

I am over due for many myself-

I get pissed when I don't understand or when confusion sets in-

prose?

in sequence

We have free will and reason that is our nature as independent entities within the greater scope of the universe. First we must obey nature before we begin to adapt nature. The universe doesn't tell us how we must act, it puts limits on how we can act. To believe a song comes on the radio, a black cat crosses our path or a passing comet foretells our actions is to misunderstand causality. It is to believe in a mystic universe and it is the first thing to dispense with if we wish to become enlightened.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

this is like climbing a sandy hill-

well karl I don't have much energy to disagree with you-

but I like that I get to have glimpses just by the passing moment like the fawn out the window-this was a matter of minutes.

and I just caught those moments.

where are the rules for obey nature? who says?

your nickname can be dispenser ;)

this is like climbing a sandy hill-

well karl I don't have much energy to disagree with you-

but I like that I get to have glimpses just by the passing moment like the fawn out the window-this was a matter of minutes.

and I just caught those moments.

where are the rules for obey nature? who says?

your nickname can be dispenser ;)

Its in the nature of things to act according to their natures.

sorry-

it was a very physical day up and down ladder today-

spraying actually and I am drained.

I cant make sense of anything.

something about that really has me agitated.

I have to get to sleep-that is it.

thank you for all responses-it is appreciated whether I like the responses or not.

Back on point: When I am in the mood and trying to appear fluid in my thought and decision making, I defer to the Universe for the answer to my dilemma.

Back on point: When I am in the mood and trying to appear fluid in my thought and decision making, I defer to the Universe for the answer to my dilemma.

To which particular aspect of the universe do you defer ?

The whole thing is nebulous. I just see a word. The thought about defering to the Universe is momentary. I use to do that with God a lot more. But since I pretty much broken the habit of talking to God, praying to God, petitioning God I just now and then use the term Universe in a way that connotes the harmony of things and the way it all flows. As I have said earlier, much earlier when I first started with the Doa Bums, I just get up and live...and whatever works for me at the time, or setting, I do or say that which is in my best interest. Like a flowing river that hits boulders. Only my boulders are the  obstacles of life. Me, I am the tool box with different tools depending on the situation, thought, or doubt. I just need to make sense out of it all sometimes. Sometimes I don't.

But you know, no matter what I do the Earth turns, and my days get shorter, and no matter how smart I may have thought I was, or how much control I thought I had, it has only been an illusion and transitory at best, for me.

• Like 1

The whole thing is nebulous. I just see a word. The thought about defering to the Universe is momentary. I use to do that with God a lot more. But since I pretty much broken the habit of talking to God, praying to God, petitioning God I just now and then use the term Universe in a way that connotes the harmony of things and the way it all flows. As I have said earlier, much earlier when I first started with the Doa Bums, I just get up and live...and whatever works for me at the time, or setting, I do or say that which is in my best interest. Like a flowing river that hits boulders. Only my boulders are the  obstacles of life. Me, I am the tool box with different tools depending on the situation, thought, or doubt. I just need to make sense out of it all sometimes. Sometimes I don't.

But you know, no matter what I do the Earth turns, and my days get shorter, and no matter how smart I may have thought I was, or how much control I thought I had, it has only been an illusion and transitory at best, for me.

Is that a result of the 12 step programme where you need something greater than ?

Yes, the 12 Steps, especially the 3rd Step..."Turn you will and life over to the care of God as we understand it"...was very impactful. I was easy to accept the 3rd step because I was raised Catholic and believed in Jesus and God as Higher Powers. AA was highly influenced by Catholicism in the 1930's when it was developing. The meetings end with the Lord's Prayer. Sometimes I remain silent and sometimes I just join in with the group...they are just words, and I don't want to bring attention to me and my belief system.

Was it Plato who was given something to drink that would kill him? If I remember corretly he told his student that if you stand for something than you should be able to die for it. Well, I don't think that anymore. Whoever is in charge of my life, that is what I believe. So, if the Pontius Pilot wants me to throw insence on the fire and say he is God, I will. Life with the absence of torture is a lot better. I am just an organism in the evolutionary chain trying to live one day at a time for as long as I can.

Besides, my mutilated body will be dead, and life will go on.

According to the Knostic Bible, Jesus may not have been crucified. I could have been a stand in. Seriously. Jesus could have been an Existential thought or concept.

I like my 3rd Step...'turn your will and life over to Jim...' that works for me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this