xEva

I wanted to contribute to the Yan Xin discussion

Hi! I saw your Yan Xin discussion and wanted to contribute. But I see the system here is not too inviting. That must be why in 3 years that thread has existed all you got is some gossip and very few facts. I'm sure plenty of people passed by in these years who happened to know something of interest to you  -- but the system is set up to discourage such contributions. I have an impulse now but I doubt I will have it in "couple of days" that it takes to make a post here. Speaking of which, in that YX thread some posters object to YX Qignog "secrecy". But is is your site here that appears "secretive" and "exclusive". No easy way to drop a note. What is it you're so afraid of?

I hope a mod here will repost the following message to the YX thread http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/30754-what-became-of-qigong-master-yan-xin/page-5

I happened to have practiced YXQ in the 1990s and yes I attended some of his amazing lectures here in the US. You wonder what happened after 2000. Well, here is the story.

I hope everybody remembers the sad Falun Gong affair in April of 2000. After that there was a big backlash against all qigong. All schools were closely examined and revised. YX in particular was accused of making a cult of himself, because of his acclaim as 'the master of them all'.

In response YX did "the right thing": he stopped giving lectures and asked his followers to remove all info about him from the Internet. There was a very diligent Ben Xia (-?) who searched the net for all references to YX and persistently asked the owners of pages to take them down.  In no time, hardly anything in English remained. But one could still see some in Portuguese and Spanish, for a while. 

Then sometime around 2005 or so, YX was living in Canada, as a simple TCM doctor. I saw the online discussion in the Canadian TCM Association message board about the irregularities in how he got the license to practice. Mr Lo (or Law -?), the head of the Association, simply gave it to YX (and did the right thing, considering his credentials and experience). But some of the members took offense at this, especially since the other, equally qualified TCM doctor (in their eyes), did not get the same treatment and had to comply with the rules that required a year of internship of residency under an established licensed  doctor before getting the license. 

Again YX did the "right thing": he apologized to the members of the Canadian TCM association and moved to the US, somewhere in NJ. That was about 10 years ago, Where is he now and what he does I don't know.  He could be a TCM doctor -?

I presume he still does the "external qi of YXQ" papers, coz they get published once in a while, though I have not seen any in the recent years (but then again I have not looked yet). I just started to look for info on YX, as I do once in 2-3 years, I saw your discussion here and wanted to fill in some blanks.

Again, if your site were more inviting for passers by and easier to contribute, you'd have far more info in no time. But you make newcomers jump hoops. Who in the know would bother? Something to think about, no? 

• Like 2

Hello xEva, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi xEva,

I have copy/pasted your post above to the thread indicated except for the last paragraph that didn't apply to the topic.  Believe me, there are good reasons why our membership process is as it is.  But you are now a member so you can communicate in any of the threads that attract your attention.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2