Cameron

Living in the Present Moment(NOW) Thread

I have to get this discussion going before I go anywhere.

It seems one of the real hallmarks of spiritual cultivation, and something I have started to really touch on since starting to practice Kunlun, is living more in the present moment.

More to the point, since beginning my practice I can see more and more the suffering that comes up from holding on to the past or anticipating the future.

We have said it before and you can slice and dice it numerous ways, but as far as I can tell a large part of spiritual development is first opening up to-and eventually living your life-fully in the present moment.

The way I see it now-any practice that we do is a way to go deeper into the experience of opening up to, unfolding and perhaps eventually living our lives in the present.

Online battles about which martial art is the best and who's lineage or dad can beat who's lineage master or dad aside-whatever you do is an opportunity to more deeply explore the present moment and more and more deeply let go of the past.

We certainly can learn from past mistakes or accomplishments but finally what it all comes down to seems to be how deeply and completely can you let go and surrender to what is?

I feel like after 14 years of searching I finally found a simple practice and teacher to answer these questions. But really it is so universal and deeply a part of all of us. Findind out who and what we really are..making this transition from the personal little me to reality.

It's just reality. Reality is reality. The little me hates this. But it's based on fiction anyway.

So..it's sort of hard to even discuss..but what are peoples experiences of openening up to, unfolding and perhaps even living ones life in the Now?

Even the whole practice of Kunlun is very zen-like/moment centered. You get into the posture and sitt still - no imagination/actualization of the channels, no guidance of the chi. Just sitting in the here and now which can be quite boring for the monkey mind.

In the morning the bird songs wakes me from dreams.

During the day I tend to needs

In the evening I watch the birds fly home to roost

During the night I'am wrapped in darkness and stars

By becoming no thing,I can become all things.

To the tao bums who brought Kunlun to light

I send a thankyou on a warm wind.