Rakiel

Spring Forest Qigong and LDT/Foundation Practice

So I've been practicing Spring Forest Qigong for more than two months now. Everyday. And I've been sitting in Full Lotus, too. I've worked up to forty minutes at a time per leg, than switch legs. Anyways, as I began practicing SFQ I noticed that during just before "breathing of the universe" I would place my hands at the lower dantian. After a while, I felt as if the lower dantian area was being magnetized, even if only for a fleeting moment. I had been practicing "moving of the yin and yang" and had been getting good results from it. I was really feeling my front channel open up, feeling tingly and alive as I moved my hands up and down. So prior to all this I was never able to get any energetic sensations in the lower abdomen. I never felt the LDT and very rarely had any sensations in the solar plexus area.

I am fully convinced that until my consistent practice of SFQ I was unable to cultivate the LDT. So I got this magnetic sensation before "breathing of the universe", and it has continued through the active exercises. But it was very brief. So I had been continuing the Full Lotus practice that others have advocated on this forum. And I would perform some reverse breathing. And after a month or so, I began feeling this "tingly heat" in the navel area, around and below the belly button. This has intensified as I brought focus to it. After a while, and to this day, bringing awareness, however subtle, will re-create this "heat" there. I have even been able to spread this sensation around the belly area, including the solar plexus.

Now I had been reading "Internal Elixir Cultivation" by Robert James Coons and it said to place awareness at LDT and breathe. I never really followed these instructions, didn't seem to really work for me. Maybe I was just impatient, but my regimen as above stated was basically this: 1. SFQ active exercises 2. Full lotus 3. reverse breathing. This has really gotten the LDT fired up  for me i think. So I thought it would be great to share this since there has been a lot of discussions lately about sinking chi to LDT and this has been, for me, a successful method.

I have yet to do the MCO, as I was advised to allow the energy to flow on its own (a natural MCO vs consciously directing it via visualization). But I am fully convinced that deepening, extending my practice will provide these results in due time. But during my full lotus sitting I have had various sensations along most meridians of the orbit, so the channels are opening I believe.

There is an SFQ level 1 and 2 seminar in Durham this October 14-16, I may attend schedule permitted. And Chunyi Lin will be leading it, which is awesome because as I understand it he doesn't do any of the level 3 or under stuff anymore, which is a pity so I think this is a great opportunity.

Edit: I forgot to mention that around the time this LDT sensation began, I reached around 100 days of celibacy. I haven't committed to it permanently but I did it as a "foundation" period.

Edited by Rakiel
  • Like 3

I got off track a little, but the original point I was trying to convey is that there is a lot of talk about foundation practices and exercises, and if SFQ is in itself a complete system, and I have found, so far that the exercises have created a sort of "foundational practice", what do you guys think?

SFQ is a good system for sure and Chunyi is a first rate cat (from what i've read and heard of him). Sounds like your in good hands. 

Keep practicing, keep practicing.

It does sound like you are making progress. That said, I wouldn't sweat making it mean things or trying to interpret it. Just practice homey.

Once you touch base with a quality master you will be lead right, and Chunyi lin seems to be a very solid master.

John

Good for you Rakiel!

I'm interested in hearing about your further experiences.

Cheers.

I may eventually create a cultivation journal; but in the meantime I may report certain breakthroughs

You had 100 days of celibacy so very high amounts of chi. In my experience the LDT forms on its own even without ever putting the yi there. BUt that speed up by a lot. Regardless you need high levels of chi to even form to the point a basic awareness/consciousness takes form. 

• Like 1