Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

Combine Reiki with Qi-Gong?

Has anyone ever tried to combine Reiki with Qi-Gong?

I tried yesterday. A blockage in a meridian was so "solid" or "cold", that I stopped with my meditation and applied Reiki to the whole meridian. It was rather a interesting feeling, like electricity that "fills the meridian up".

• Like 3

I would say to respect each practice on its own terms. There is no need to mix, things can get complicated if you do.

I would say to respect each practice on its own terms. There is no need to mix, things can get complicated if you do.

By mix i mean, do not do both at the same time within the period in which you feel the flow of energy created by Qigong exercise or reiki is still active in your body. Thirty-minutes is a good rule of thumb for time of separation of practices so you don't cause a conflict in vibration or internal movement. 

Edited by OldChi

Im not familiar with Reiki, is that just taking energy from the surroundings/ether/universe?

I practice both, Qi-Gong and Reiki, and I can feel a difference as if the energy in Reiki is "channeled" through the crown chakra or cv22 and lead through the pericard meridian. In Qi-Gong instead I feel that I really don't have that much energy left in my entire system in order to "help someone else".

Maybe this is one reason why to be "thankful", because the pericard points on the palms of the hands touch each other and the middle dantien is filled up.

I practice both, Qi-Gong and Reiki, and I can feel a difference as if the energy in Reiki is "channeled" through the crown chakra or cv22 and lead through the pericard meridian. In Qi-Gong instead I feel that I really don't have that much energy left in my entire system in order to "help someone else".

Maybe this is one reason why to be "thankful", because the pericard points on the palms of the hands touch each other and the middle dantien is filled up.

If your interested in being a healer i would recommend you get training in a system of Medical Qigong. Healing oneself is one thing, but when you start healing others things can get complicated.  

• Like 1

Hi OldChi,

I would like to become a healer, but my approach is this:

- first "Physician, cure yourself"

- second obtain a very high level of training

- third and only then begin to learn how to heal others with your own qi

After one has healed oneself to a certain degree of health, one can also understand what path one needs to go and what to expect.

In the meantime I helped a lot of people with classic homeopathy.

Using chi from the universe one can cultivate very high leves of chi in a short time. But this can dangerous, people who cannot sense chi enough to help themselves, should not mess with this, IMHO. There is also an old folk around this forum who uses this principle in his own personal system. 

I agree. Reiki is for certain underestimated regarding it's usefulness as also the dangers.

There is no shortcut for becoming a master in handling subtle energies.

Some people may even drain the energy from the renal without the ability to distinguish it between the energy that surrounds them.

As a warning signal one must be aware that impatience is a dangerous attitude in this field.

Sign in to follow this