Goldleaf

Using chi or thoughts to manifest cash flow?

I read about some books where you can use your intention to manifest cash flow into your life {with action too, of course}. 

But  at the same time, isn't this cheating, since I feel you need to earn the cash.

I'd like to go to an upcoming chi kung course but a close relative who had promised me to loan some money  to assist with the course fees since renegged.   I will not be able to save enough to attend in the next 3 weeks til it starts {not to mention the cost of flights increases by then}.

So, I just wanted to know if others have had success in using intention to mainfest cash flow into their lives. 

N.b I've also looked at all the sites for getting cash quickly and of course legitimately and besides a few "fill out surveys for chump change" or "mow your neighbours lawn"  freelancer based websites / suggestions I found nothing directly effective.

Note please do not offer to help me financially in any way, I will refuse it and do not want it ;)

Thanks for reading.

gl

For me, no. The work that I do which is slightly related to Chi has nothing to do with my financial situation. The practices you read of on this website are often called internal work, and, although I do not do any Jing to Chi to Shen work, I am definitely doing what I call internal work. I am simply working to make my mind a nicer place to be.

So, this has nothing to producing money, that is an external thing. Not unrelated though, because as your story nicely demonstrates, more money can get you better instruction ... hmmmm.

Some one told me that advice is merely recycled experience, so here's my advice based on my current experiences. Your financial situation will vary up and down through out you life. While you wait for yours to be better, just find a nice practice that you are happy to do daily until that time comes. It doesn't matter how much you spend on a course if you don't practice afterwards anyway. There should be some basic material you can do before hand and just be happy with the progress you'll be making doing it until you can afford it. You will then get far more out of the course by having laid a good foundation.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

To put that law of attraction mumbo jumbo into a sentence:

If you actively think about something all the time, you'll be more likely to come up with an idea or spot an opportunity than if you just sat around feeling glum.

• Like 4

I sadly must inform you that those stories about money growing on trees are all lies.

And praying to win the lottery is wasted time.

Day labor companies hire people for short term projects.  That might be a possibility.

• Like 2

There'll be others so no point fretting over it. Affinity is a key concept in Taoism i think, and an important one too - it means if something is meant to be, it will come to pass. It sounds a bit like fate, but its not. Affinity allows the believer a certain leeway to engage in the process and contribute to the outcome, and also it provides a sort of philosophical buffer zone in case things don't go to plan. Fate is overly rigid imo. 

Not sure where you live, but over in Europe there are lots of Buddhist retreat centres that takes short or long term volunteers to assist with their never-ending projects and maintenance work - in return some offer free lodging, meals and teachings too, while others may offer free teachings and charge a nominal fee for facilities. I'm guessing you are in the US, and i just did a little search and found that there are quite a few Taoist retreat centres too over there. If you like the idea of volunteering, there'd be nothing to lose to engage with these places via emails and such to see if they take volunteers and whats involved. If you have skills it will be advantageous. 

One of the best sources of information i have found are either from wellness and new age magazines, and also green cafes and restaurants that usually have a signboard up for people to pin and advertise their thing. Or just google Taoist retreat or something similar. 

Word of caution though - don't jump with excitement if you hear back from any of these places. A thorough background search is recommended - most importantly try to get feedback from those who have been before - Forums can be a good place to do this. There are some/many cultish groups that you would do well to avoid. 

• Like 3

There are some interesting little tricks found in Feng Shui and Bazi that you can play with.

Feng Shui:

The simplest one is: Keep the toilet lid closed. Sure, it sounds superstitious, but what harm could it do to try? If you prefer, you can Think of it as an active conditioning practice whereby you anchor the idea of wealth to the closing of the toilet lid.

The second one is: Place an object that represents wealth in the room corner that is the furthest visible corner from the front door. In this case, it's a passive conditioning anchor whereby you will always see the representation of wealth as you walk in your front door.

Bazi:

In Bazi, wealth is not possible without talent\work. Wealth and talent are both represented by one of the five elements, so if you have a lot of wealth element but no talent\work element, chances are that wealth will not accrue. However, if you have a lot of talent\work element, it's possible that you could accumulate wealth.

If you know what your useful elements are then you can enhance\activate wealth accumulation by using Feng Shui or YangShengFa.

I've heard of people using their Bazi to select the best times to gamble as well... I've never tried this and would never recommend it as a specific strategy for making money.... but it's quite common for Gamblers to use Bazi in Asia.

If wealth is a concern for you, though, and the pre-occupation of money is creating distress, then it's probably best to re-evaluate your relationship to it, instead of trying to bend the universe to your will. You might succeed, but at what cost?

• Like 2

Mind is manifesting everything.

A human mind is like 1/Mind, like a fraction appearing like an individuation.

But fraction like a hologram, not like a fraction of a pie.

Mind is movement, and we have Will as our individual movement.

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

I've heard that before.

And then there is the song (Otis Redding?) that has the line:

I've got the will Momma but I just can't find the way.

• Like 1

Finding the Way,,,

That's Taoism.

Perhaps Otis Redding's problem was that the "Way" he could see was merely the "way" advertised to him in his "society".

Which, let's face it, is laughing stock, just a big trick.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

. . . the magical author to first really emphasis getting money matters straight as a part of ones practice wrote under the name of Ophiel in the 1960s and early 70s. His books, though oddly written, actually contain some profound insights and are still of value.

Also one of the reasons why I came to like Confucianism is because of its good balance between spiritual realization and worldly success. (Emphasis added, ZYD)

Specifically the book by Ophiel that would be helpful to you was originally titled, The Art and Practice of getting Material Things through Creative Visualization, subsequently shortened to:

Art & Practice of Creative Visualization

You can read about Ophiel here:

Ophiel, his life and works

and a search under its old title will produce several links to PDF files that can be downloaded:

Ophiel, The Art and Practice of Getting Material things through Creative Visualization

One thing that is a helpful adjunct to this is learning to draw, since this will develop you skill in visualization, so getting yourself a copy of this is useful:

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards

Her Neurology has been criticized, but her techniques work.  You can go to her site to learn more:

Betty Edwards official site

She has a DVD available for those who cannot learn from books.

• Like 2

Finding the Way,,,

That's Taoism.

Perhaps Otis Redding's problem was that the "Way" he could see was merely the "way" advertised to him in his "society".

Which, let's face it, is laughing stock, just a big trick.

There was a lot said in that little post.

The thought goes a lot deeper than just the words that were used to say it.  You done good.

Edited by Marblehead

I think law of attraction can be very useful, especially for noticing opportunities as well as focusing on goals and desires rather than being scattered and distracted from them...but what's absolutely useful is earning what you get through actually working.

The work could even be ludicrously lucrative...but if it's a legitimate way, then you'll be good to go.

Sounds like the course most likely won't happen unless someone you know chips in. Perhaps you should be open to that rather than refuse all help. Maybe you'd be willing to pay the person back with interest.

Speaking of which, there is always the credit card option.

• Like 2

Awhile back, Soaring Crane posted something about attracting money through ear massage, working with the kidney energy.  Very interesting stuff, imo.  Not sure exactly where it that post is now but you might use money as a search word if interested.

• Like 1

One of the best ways to make great money is to apply and hopefully get the kind of jobs that others are reluctant to do. Over here graveyard and weekend shifts are pretty well paid cos most people are reluctant to take them on. Night porters, night cashiers, night security detail, rubbish and waste collectors, road cleaners, sewage inspectors - some of the jobs that yield good income with no scrambling involved. 

• Like 3

My best friend and I were just a couple days ago talking about his brother-in-law who is now retired but he always went for the midnight shift.  Made lots of extra money.

• Like 1

I read about some books where you can use your intention to manifest cash flow into your life {with action too, of course}. 

But  at the same time, isn't this cheating, since I feel you need to earn the cash.

Frankly, to me, that is zebra thinking. Sometimes people receive money with no or little effort, and not necessarily in contemptible ways. And using visualization (intention) doesn't always mean that there will be no effort involved in achieving your goals. Maybe it will simply help you get a job that you really like and get paid for well.

Underlying this philosophy is the assumption that our thoughts are manifesting themselves as our experiences. Establishing a belief in wealth, and that there is nothing in wrong with having it, should naturally lead to it.

I'd like to go to an upcoming chi kung course but a close relative who had promised me to loan some money  to assist with the course fees since renegged.   I will not be able to save enough to attend in the next 3 weeks til it starts {not to mention the cost of flights increases by then}.

So, I just wanted to know if others have had success in using intention to mainfest cash flow into their lives. 

Yes, on some occassions. Especially when there was a real need.

N.b I've also looked at all the sites for getting cash quickly and of course legitimately and besides a few "fill out surveys for chump change" or "mow your neighbours lawn"  freelancer based websites / suggestions I found nothing directly effective.

Note please do not offer to help me financially in any way, I will refuse it and do not want it ;)

It wouldn't have occured to me anyway. ;)

Thanks for reading.

gl

• Like 1