Sign in to follow this  
Veezel

Help me create my own religion.

I believe in God. My religion would serve the One True God. That alone brings endless benefits. Blessings galore.

On top of that, my religion will be easy to follow and have no contradictions.

You're looking for new.  So I'd throw out the One stuff.  Besides, people might secretly be most happy in poly-theism.  The Catholics have there saints, rest of Christianity has god, son of god, mother of god, disciples, martyrs..  On the Judeo part of the equations is a very multi-personality God depending on the bible section.  Many names, as well as feminine aspects as in the Shekinah. 

So I say, loud and proud Multi-theism.  How about this.  Give God half of all deitiness and give the other half to all mankind.  We just have to get together to use our powers :)

• Like 1

Its a good aspiration. 

If thats your pic, im guessing you are still quite young. If i were you, i'd make plans to travel the world first with the intention to widen understanding of the human condition outside of my own familiar, customary surroundings. Alternatively, spend a few years as a Christian volunteer in remote and deprived places as a means to build a solid ethical/spiritual foundation and strength of character. Doing this will definitely nourish your aspiration and help you form necessary and helpful bonds with like-minded individuals whose support you might need.

Another suggestion is to delve deeply into the biographies of men and women who in the past had charismatically formed esoteric societies, lodges, cults, sects and so on. You can do this during the time spent volunteering somewhere. Google for names - there's a long list of them. Maybe others can throw in suggestions here even. 

I can think of a few: J. Krishnamurti, Swami Vivekananda, Madam Blavatsky, Alexandra D. Neel, Anton La Vey, Adi Da Samraj, Christian Rosenkreuz, Peter & Eileen Caddy, Rudolf Steiner, Joseph Smith etc. 

• Like 1

People have been trying to write texts as good as the gospels for hundreds of years, everyone has failed

• Like 1

Please. ... if you want followers take a name that would sell it...

Find some stuff that works, there are plenty of philosophies: People want energy work To cultivate The delusion of doing something meaningful.

How about "The Secret Dragon's Peak Qigong for Wealth of Master Zhou"

A Qigong form for wealth in Three levels : Gonzo 1, 2, 3

Edited by Cheshire Cat

How about The Church of Veezel?

Is that the Reformed People's Front of the  Church of  Veezel or the   People's Reformation of the Church of Veezel ?

I'll write my own sacred text.

Will your new text / testament have an Old Testament that is the old New Testament ? 

Thanks everyone!

I finally decided the name...

Yahweh's Witnesses!

hang on ... that has been taken . 

YHVH : Ya ho vah : Yah weh       ( You know ,,,, the Hebrew  'invisible vowel' thing  ..... the   V / W    translation thing  ?  )  

No way:

Veezel's Witnesses,

Everyone on the thread is a potential member now.....

I want Qigong for wealth! :(

I think these kind of things are best left to happen organically, preferrably with more input from "spirit" and less from the Taobums. My advise: make yourself into a Veezel of the divine. When the Veezel is ready, the Stoat(ent)s will come.

Edited by liminal_luke

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, "I Am That I Am": and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, "I Am" hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

- Exodus 3:13-15

The name "YHWH" is probably derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root היה (h-y-h), "to be", become, come to pass", with a third person masculine y- prefix, equivalent to English "he".[6][8][9] It is connected to the passage in Exodus 3:14 in which God gives his name as אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה (Ehyeh asher Ehyeh), where the verb[which?], translated most basically as "I Am that I Am", or "I shall be what I shall be", "I shall be what I am"[10] or "I will become what I choose to become",[11] " I Will Become whatsoever I please".[12] יהוה with the vocalization "Yahweh" could theoretically be a hif'il (causative) verb inflection of root HWH, with a meaning something like "he who causes to exist" (the creator deity) or "who gives life" (the root idea of the word being "to breathe", and hence, "to live").[13][14] As a qal (basic stem) verb inflection, it could mean "he who is, who exists".

• Like 2

shake in front of XENUUUUU muahahahaaa he'll blow us all up all over again because of that damn tax-avasion

65% chance we have people following us tomorrow.

The name "YH H" is probably derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root היה (h-y-h), "to be", become, come to pass", with a third person masculine y- prefix, equivalent to English "he".[6][8][9] It is connected to the passage in Exodus 3:14 in which God gives his name as אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה (Ehyeh asher Ehyeh), where the verb[which?], translated most basically as "I Am that I Am", or "I shall be what I shall be", "I shall be what I am"[10] or "I will become what I choose to become",[11] " I Will Become whatsoever I please".[12] יהוה with the vocalization "Yahweh" could theoretically be a hif'il (causative) verb inflection of root HWH, with a meaning something like "he who causes to exist" (the creator deity) or "who gives life" (the root idea of the word being "to breathe", and hence, "to live").[13][14] As a qal (basic stem) verb inflection, it could mean "he who is, who exists".

Where did that  ' W ' come from   ? 

hebrew.gif

Edited by Nungali

I believe in God. My religion would serve the One True God. That alone brings endless benefits. Blessings galore.

On top of that, my religion will be easy to follow and have no contradictions.

Ahh - you are interested in creating a "dead" religion. Not much required with the exception of marketing gimmicks.

The name "YHWH" is probably derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root היה (h-y-h), "to be", become, come to pass", with a third person masculine y- prefix, equivalent to English "he".[6][8][9] It is connected to the passage in Exodus 3:14 in which God gives his name as אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה (Ehyeh asher Ehyeh), where the verb[which?], translated most basically as "I Am that I Am", or "I shall be what I shall be", "I shall be what I am"[10] or "I will become what I choose to become",[11] " I Will Become whatsoever I please".[12] יהוה with the vocalization "Yahweh" could theoretically be a hif'il (causative) verb inflection of root HWH, with a meaning something like "he who causes to exist" (the creator deity) or "who gives life" (the root idea of the word being "to breathe", and hence, "to live").[13][14] As a qal (basic stem) verb inflection, it could mean "he who is, who exists".

When the name YHWH was firstly pronounced by Moses, there wasn't even the hebrew language!

How could you analyse it in that way?

Sign in to follow this