Sign in to follow this  
Veezel

Help me create my own religion.

Help me create my own religion...

I'm serious here. I am seriously considering starting my own unique, version of Christianity with Taoist philosophy in it. Eastern philosophy meets the Bible.

Let's start by discussing a name for this religion. Help me out here...

Most religions are divinely inspired...at least in the beginning. Perhaps say a prayer to Arch Angel Gabriel for divine power and inspiration for your cause....then you might have a bit more inner content to offer people rather than just copy and pasting other peoples ideas. 

Edited by OldChi

Most religions are divinely inspired...at least in the beginning. Perhaps say a prayer to Arch Angel Gabriel for divine power and inspiration for your cause....then you might have a bit more inner content to offer people rather than just copy and pasting other peoples ideas. 

I'm already starting from divine inspiration.

Last Sunday, I went to a Catholic church with my cousins and prayed for wisdom.

A few days later, God nudged me to start my own denomination of Christianity.

I am utilizing the people of this forum for my cause. I'm sure you guys have great ideas. And who knows? Maybe I'll make some of you into clergymen of my church. lol

I majored in religious studies, when religion becomes formalized and hierarchical things get complicated (human frailty, inability to balance power....etc). Real gnosis shatters barriers and brings one to pure unfiltered truth and bliss......at least at certain centers. Best of luck, in your ambitions.    

天 下 之 至 柔 ,
馳 騁 天 下 之 至 堅 。

無 有 入 無 間 ,
吾 是 以 知 無 為 之 有 益 。

不 言 之 教 ,
無 為 之 益
天 下 希 及 之 。

天 下 之 至 柔 ,

馳 騁 天 下 之 至 堅 。

無 有 入 無 間 ,

吾 是 以 知 無 為 之 有 益 。

不 言 之 教 ,

無 為 之 益

天 下 希 及 之 。

Please translate.

What are you trying to say?

Apparently translating ancient chinese poetry can be difficult due to the inability of english to cover nearly as much ground, as well as the context of symbols used which are also more suited to the ancient minds of that period.  Here is one version:

The softest things of the world
Override the hardest things of the world

That which has no substance
Enters into that which has no openings

From this I know the benefits of wu wei
The teaching without words

The benefits of actions without doing
Are rarely matched in the world

• Like 3

I'm serious here. I am seriously considering starting my own unique, version of Christianity with Taoist philosophy in it. Eastern philosophy meets the Bible.

Studying Solomon carefully suggests it's been done. Do a word study on "wisdom" as Solomon used it in his writings. Also look at what the scriptures say about how other nations viewed him. Consider the Arabic legends surrounding him. Read his philosophical outlook in Ecclesiastes. Read the song of Solomon. What is this union of female and male he's discussing? Study the measurements of the Temple CAREFULLY. What do they represent?

Why is he considered the personification of wisdom...

• Like 1

The Bible blatantly states he opened up trade routes with far-reaching nations. Do you honestly think only goods were traded?

There is a saying that power corrupts. 

The reason for this is because most people don't have the internal balance needed to handle power. So for most people when they get the slightest bit of power there head (ego) blows up beyond belief. 

You avoid this by specifically targeting blockages in your energy body that are causing this kind of imbalance and dissolve through them. By also learning to integrate your shadow self and realize through direct gnosis (believing this isn't enough) that you are in fact not this body, you thus bypass power trips. 

If your starting a religion you are naturally going to attract people whom are similar to you, there is no way around this. So the more you clean out your own energy body as mentioned above, the more balanced and healthy people you will attract and thus the more balanced and healthy the religion will be. Internal purification......its hard work, but it's key to the path.

That's my advice, do the inner work first, then you will be able to offer something valuable to your congregation while also not becoming another corrupt asshole.....there are plenty of those and another one is not what the world needs. Cheers. 

Edited by OldChi

You are too late, that's pretty much what Falun Dafa is with a bit of Buddhism thrown in

• Like 1

Putting the cart before the horse? :)

Did Jesus start a religion?

Did Buddha start a religion?

Did Lao Tzu start a religion?

L. Ron did.

• Like 1

Hmnn, the focus of prayer should be something that's very common.  Maybe a trinity- grass, sky and sun.. maybe have a breakaway sect that includes mud too.  That way you can always look outside and see something sacred. 

• Like 1

Hmnn, the focus of prayer should be something that's very common. Maybe a trinity- grass, sky and sun.. maybe have a breakaway sect that includes mud too. That way you can always look outside and see something sacred.

This will be a Judeo Christian religion. Grass and mud won't cut it.

How will this religion benefit a person who practices it, more so than any other that already exists?

• Like 4

How will this religion benefit a person who practices it, more so than any other that already exists?

I believe in God. My religion would serve the One True God. That alone brings endless benefits. Blessings galore.

On top of that, my religion will be easy to follow and have no contradictions.

It may interest that Taoism at its core is closely related with Shamanism (scholars here correct me if i'm wrong) and Earth centered spirituality. If your going to mix Taoist properties with Judeo Christian models of religion you may wish to consider both sides of the fence. 

By the way, the whole "One True God" model creates a ton of problems....socially, spiritually, ecologically.....etc.  

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

You might like this book: https://www.amazon.com/Christ-Eternal-Tao-Hieromonk-Damascene/dp/1887904239

I can't really vouch for anything in there, but it looks like it might be relevant to you. I've visited the monastery in northern California that the author is the abbot of, and I can say that those monks are true Christian mystics.

My two cents is just that if your trying to create a system for others to follow attainment should come first. Nothing wrong with hashing out a syncretic system of symbolism to view the universe through that you can share with friends and people on Daobums and the like, but I think setting up a group or a congregation for others to follow is something that comes when you've proven the efficacy of that philosophy by becoming a remarkable person through it. And I'm not saying you aren't a remarkable person, bro! Anyone sincerely following the path fucking rocks in my book. But straight up setting up a formal congregation sounds like a way to invite all kinds of drama and take time away from cultivation. Fleshing something out, a set of symbols to merge the two together or something like that, just on here or in your own life, etc. I think is awesome, though. Just my opinion, though. Do your thing.

By the way, have you tried praying the Rosary? It's actually a very powerful practice and liturgical Latin has only been used for spiritual things for the last 1500 years or so, so the words have a great energy attached to them.

• Like 3

I'd like to offer my perspective -

We do not need new religions.

You do not need to create a religion. 

I think that is a waste of effort.

We need loving and authentic people.

If you can create that in yourself, you may be able to share that with others.

You have the opportunity to look deeply into yourself and become your most authentic self.

You have the opportunity to help those less fortunate, or more fortunate, than you. 

If you master these things, you may perhaps find a way to do it that others find accessible and appealing.

If that happens, you may even have created a new religion.

Start with yourself...

Anything else is a waste of time, imo.

Blessings to you, you seem sincere

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this