Sign in to follow this  
roger

God didn't "create" us out of nothing

ACIM says, "Everything that is, has always been."

What I believe is that God didn't "create" us- we ARE God. We are FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God.

At times when I've gotten very, very close to fully accepting my divine nature, this issue would arise.

The idea that we were nothing, non-existent, that we didn't exist, and then we came into being when God "created" us, is an unacceptable idea. The heart is dissatisfied with that idea- and rightly so. It's not a truly loving, joyful idea.

The truth is imo, as ACIM says, we have ALWAYS existed. God didn't "create" us; He/She/It BECAME us. We are manifestations of God. That is a truly loving, joyful idea.

The main reason I'm sharing this is because it's one of the reasons why many people, perhaps some people here, deny the existence of God.

The idea that we were once non-existent, and then God created us, doesn't provide a loving view of God or of ourselves.

why is it important to regard the human form as a manifestation of God? 

What are the probable attributes that allow you to proclaim that a human being, any human being, is God with a capital g? I hope i will never reach a point where i will regard myself as God. To me that is fantastical thinking bred from arrogance and ignorance. 

Isnt the human form merely a sum of parts, similar to a bus, or a tractor?

An estimated assemblage would be an apt descriptor. 

What happens when we investigate the individual parts of a form, say this human form? For example, are there some parts that make us more human than others? Are we less human if we lose an eye? A limb? A liver? Are we somehow more human by elevating our thoughts to vibrate in a so-called divine frequency, if thats even a possibility? 

Edited by C T

ACIM says, "Everything that is, has always been."

What I believe is that God didn't "create" us- we ARE God. We are FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God.

At times when I've gotten very, very close to fully accepting my divine nature, this issue would arise.

The idea that we were nothing, non-existent, that we didn't exist, and then we came into being when God "created" us, is an unacceptable idea. The heart is dissatisfied with that idea- and rightly so. It's not a truly loving, joyful idea.

The truth is imo, as ACIM says, we have ALWAYS existed. God didn't "create" us; He/She/It BECAME us. We are manifestations of God. That is a truly loving, joyful idea.

The main reason I'm sharing this is because it's one of the reasons why many people, perhaps some people here, deny the existence of God.

The idea that we were once non-existent, and then God created us, doesn't provide a loving view of God or of ourselves.

I respectfully disagree.

But I do agree that we as humans are divine beings, mainly because Yahweh (God) created us in His image.

I also do believe that us and the universe are not eternal. I believe that the universe had a beginning, and that beginning was God's creation story.

I believe that there is nothing wrong in knowing that we were created by Him. In fact, it gives us the hope that when we die, we get to be with Him in his paradise.

why is it important to regard the human form as a manifestation of God? 

What are the probable attributes that allow you to proclaim that a human being, any human being, is God with a capital g? I hope i will never reach a point where i will regard myself as God. To me that is fantastical thinking bred from arrogance and ignorance. 

Isnt the human form merely a sum of parts, similar to a bus, or a tractor?

An estimated assemblage would be an apt descriptor. 

What happens when we investigate the individual parts of a form, say this human form? For example, are there some parts that make us more human than others? Are we less human if we lose an eye? A limb? A liver? Are we somehow more human by elevating our thoughts to vibrate in a so-called divine frequency, if thats even a possibility? 

I don't agree that we are merely an organic version of a tractor. I do believe that we have divinity in us. We were, after all, created in His image and likeness.

Yahweh ?  

That old middle eastern local jealous  volcano    deity ?  

Man created God in his image . . . . seems a more likely scenario . 

• Like 1

Yahweh ?  

That old middle eastern local jealous  volcano    deity ?  

Man created God in his image . . . . seems a more likely scenario . 

We can argue about the existence of God on a separate thread. lol. There is good reason to believe in a God, believe it or not.

We can argue about the existence of God on a separate thread. lol. There is good reason to believe in a God, believe it or not.

Have you ever meet Yahweh? 

I'm always curious at folks who claim to speak for deities but have never been in their presence... 

Spoiler alert: I've been in his presence.  And I am reminded of the words of the book of James: even demons believe in him and tremble... and john said in revelations that he saw him and fell as though dead.

BTW:  We're not created new... we're recycled goods... most of us.

I respectfully disagree.

But I do agree that we as humans are divine beings, mainly because Yahweh (God) created us in His image.

I also do believe that us and the universe are not eternal. I believe that the universe had a beginning, and that beginning was God's creation story.

I believe that there is nothing wrong in knowing that we were created by Him. In fact, it gives us the hope that when we die, we get to be with Him in his paradise.

I'm not raised a christian, in fact I was raised without a religion, and am grateful for it. Many things that I do not have to shed.

Now I bow both to the Buddha and the Christ alike, they followed a path that maybe i did put on the first step.

but when i remember well, it says somewhere in the bible that " the kingdom of god is to be found within" 

To find it, maybe you do not have to die physically, but let shrink the ever busy monkey-mind, the endlessly thinking mind, full of its own importance... often called ego. until it has diminished so far that the kingdom of god comes into view,

Bes

I don't agree that we are merely an organic version of a tractor. I do believe that we have divinity in us. We were, after all, created in His image and likeness.

And who's likeness was he created in ?

• Like 1

The tractor was merely used metaphorically, Veezel, as in this thing called 'body' is a sum of parts, akin to anything else which comes into existence, maintain a certain span, and then disperse. Its a dynamic process. I can understand and perhaps even accept the notion that such a process could have an ordered imputation (maybe not, it may also be chaotic), but cannot imagine the tenability of the assertion that we are like a bag and then this bag gets filled with some substance, a divine essence in this case, so as to elevate its status to make it more than what it is. Such thoughts can lead to complications. 

Perhaps a clarification of what divinity means to you will help the discussion further. 

little birds singing to the sun in the morning and little kids happily playing under that same sun are close to "God"

Om 

little birds singing to the sun in the morning and little kids happily playing under that same sun are close to "God"

Om 

thats the same as saying the little birds and the little kids are far from things not-God. What does that even mean? Sure i enjoy the birds chirping and watching kids play, but why do these activities be associated and made out to be more than what they already are? Can they not be appreciated just in that moment its happening, being observed without having to add veneration to the perception? 

what does dharma even mean?

why do Buddhists even borrow Om in their venerations... 

what does dharma even mean?

why do Buddhists even borrow Om in their venerations... 

really?

Sign in to follow this