Hey guys, just wanted to gather some opinions on the topic of social media. No one has a thread on it that I know of.

I used to use social media like facebook, twitter, and instagram (and even myspace back in the day). In the past year or so I've got some distance from social media deleting my facebook and instagram and using my twitter maybe once a week on average and not having it downloaded to my phone. On the other hand, my girlfriend uses twitter, facebook, and instagram daily.

I feel like using social media creates people to think about other people, most of which are not currently in their lives. Based on what I've read in books and on this forum it seems thinking about something is putting energy into it, not sure if that's right. It makes me uncomfprtable knowing my girlfriend finds enjoyment in looking at hundreds of different people daily that she doesn't know or barely knows.

So what you guys think of social media?

Edited by Chi Boy

Euphemisms.

Like the Motorola commercial tagline - "Intelligence Everywhere".

Do you get that one?

Or when Comcast laid fiber optic cable, their ads exclaimed "Your neighborhood is our neighborhood".

Ever hear about the sign over the entrance to the German concentration camp?

Guess what "Social" media is for.

-VonKrankenhaus

Euphemisms.

Like the Motorola commercial tagline - "Intelligence Everywhere".

Do you get that one?

Or when Comcast laid fiber optic cable, their ads exclaimed "Your neighborhood is our neighborhood".

Ever hear about the sign over the entrance to the German concentration camp?

Guess what "Social" media is for.

-VonKrankenhaus

Lol I'm not sure I understanf all of what your sayin

• Like 1