Sign in to follow this  
Goldleaf

feel like giving up

Hi all,

I am at my wits end.  I won't end my life, but I feel like it sometimes.  I successfully cleared the concrete dust from my windows as per my previous sleeping issue-

{http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/35061-nourishing-living-environment/},

and was sleeping better for a short period.  But the only thing i've done since then is reintroduce some heavy curtains since its winter here atm and they are needed, as well as a couple natural mats to cover the pine flooring.  I clean everything regularly - curtains, mats, flloor, sheets, etc. 

So the good news is I don't have those horrible sleeps like before, with heart racing and I also dream!  But I still get wet dreams which I KNOW are based on this irritated feeling I get in my eyes and nose. I mean when I spend more than an hour outside my room I get a ton of mucus out.  And I feel I can breathe again!  

I"m just sick of it.  Why can't I just get a good sleep?  Some great native american healer once told me that the person in my last life made great sacrifice to give me a great life.  So then why is this occuring?  My whole face and nose feels irritated and my nose is red from blowing.  And its a catch-22, i can't move until i'm healthy.  And nothing else in my life is majorly different to cause this.

please help.  I mean is there anyone psychic who can tell me exactly what it is the causing this issue and I will pay you?  I realize it can also be mental thing but thats the thing: I try to be positive EXACTLY AS BEFORE when I get a good sleep. 

I'm sorry for having a whinge,  This issue has been occuring for nearly 5 years now and that's 5 years of my life wasted and I won't stand for it anymore, even if it means I become homeless eventually lol.

Final thing.  I have always had weak immunity since a child since my mum's jing was weak from history of  drugs and also I didn't eat meat til teenage years and also sleeping with a tonne of dust under my bed for about a year once since my mum was overworked and forgot to vaccuum.  So I am sensitive to dust {maybe over-sensitive, but how do I change??}, and always like fresh air as much as possible though obviously that isn't possible here in winter.

Best regards

G

• Like 1

hi :), try this 

its strength is in helping with nocturnal emissions, along with a bunch of other benefits

forget about what any psychics or healer said, it probably just aggravates your psychological well-being. most of them are quacks anyway

Well, if your body is not at ease then your mind will not be at ease either (unless you are one of those special people who have over-come the conditions of the body).

Investigate the medical implications of your problem as thoroughly as possible and exhaust all possibilities.  I would even suggest seeing a "qualified professional" of sleeping disorders.

Once your body is at ease you can then concentrate on your mind.  But don't look for miracles!  Life has many physical pains that are simply unavoidable.

• Like 3

One of my (Buddhist) teachers once said that in order to be strong and to reclaim the potential for optimal well-being to happen, we must be willing to take advantage of our perceived weaknesses and misfortunes - to face them squarely without desperation or fear, and the only way to do this is to practice generating a strong intention in your mind and by cultivating a genuine willingness to take on the sufferings of those who are in the same condition or dilemma - to have the heartfelt mental wish that you alone should bear the burden so that they may experience immediate relief thru your willingness to take on their plight. 

It made a lot of sense to me. If we want to overcome our disadvantages, we have to be strong enough to rise above them. How do we gather this strength? By overcoming our fears. How do we overcome our fears? One sure way is to develop a spacious, warrior-like attitude, and to do this, we need to train first by creating a mental battle ground. So in this battle ground, you are the warrior defending your kinfolks against the onslaught of unseen enemies. You learn then to create intelligent strategies to outwit the enemy and gradually triumph over their badness and eventually subjugate them to become your helpers to fight even greater battles for the good of others. 

I know this sounds radical, but if you were to recall mythological warriors' tales, you will come to remember that generally speaking, warriors are not born, but are those who have managed to make full use of their ill positions to develop themselves until they become invincible. Some such examples would be David & Goliath, St. George & the dragon, Milarepa and the demons in the cave, the theme in Lord of the Rings, and numerous other tales that tell of the same dynamic. 

If you are interested to know more about this practice and how to train in it, let me know please. 

• Like 3

Do you have an internal practice? If not here is one, chi kung helps boost the immune system, water fasting also helps boost the immune system. Secondly, clear out all of your possessions that you do not need, keep only things you need to survive (Food/water, Clothes....etc)....this will help immensely to clear out your space and your life. If your serious about changing your life i recommend you take this advice into consideration. 

• Like 1

I strongly advise against jumping into a water fast without preparation, or a bit of pre-conditioning.  Also, be very careful of the extended duration methods.  Id consider water fasting to be high risk, high reward - at least in regards to modern man.  Its not the first thing I would suggest.

• Like 2

Sleep at the north and east side of house(im in northen hemisphere), where people store their edibles and sun doesn't shine. Few tons of stone also in a room will help to create a good place. No more allergies or hardships of sleeping.

Try to memorize also how different days feel, some are more harder than other, try to see a pattern.

I think noone here is powerful to fight with sunlight reflection ruined air, better move to a place, the more ground and yin the better.

edit: or it works only for me. I move to the second floor at the sun side i sleep badly after couple days. Rooms or spaces what have some sort of bubble like pressure feeling no air moving, opposite to the feeling you get from nature i know i will sleep badly. Or i am a bit too sterotypical here..

Edited by allinone

meat, dairy, grains = mucus, inflammation etc

For 30 days 1L of filtered water upon waking, have only vegetables and fruit, simple wholesome, steamed greens etc tea, hot baths with good quality essential oil drops you enjoy, turn the light off, light a candle, relax. Get some sun, nature, walk.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 4

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your kind and generous replies.  Yes, that's it I understand now!  If my room is clean and minimalistic, my lifestyle is wholesome annd nourishing, and I am doing good chi kung every day, THEN we'lll see what happens.. I did a more vigorous room clean yesterday, and went to bed earlier than usual and although I still don't feel great, I feel better than the day before. 

I also like this, just strip everything down and then build u;pwards from there, like stripping a car down to its bare frame...and then I can see which parts shoul'dn't be added from there ;))   

Feel more positive now.  So, small simple steps, win everytime ;)

• Like 2

HI CT,

I am interested, feel free to pm me or post here if you like.  Anything which help one grwo from boy to a man.  But keep in mind that I overthink alot of things, can I still train it?

try moving somewhere where you have no allergies. Also, if you are depressed, moving to completely new locales can sometimes fix that.

You need to look in the mirror and reevaluate your life... no ones gonna fix this but you and your deal big dog

Edited by fizix

I have some similar problems.  Allergies, insomnia.  They come and go. 

Allergies, trying different medicines.  Also a quick shower before bed to wash allergens away from me.  I'll also try a neti pot to clear my nostrils, they relax and help clear my sinuses.  Raising the 'head' of my bed with books, so I sleep more angled helps.

Insomnia, biting the bullet and getting up early and not taking naps can help.  Cutting down on my coffee habit.  Not looking at electronics an hour or two before bed.  Meditating.  Mentally not caring if I sleep or not, just relaxing in bed, appreciating the comfort.  Listening to guided meditation.   

Sometimes the above help, other times, I just grin and bear it. 

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your kind and generous replies.  Yes, that's it I understand now!  If my room is clean and minimalistic, my lifestyle is wholesome annd nourishing, and I am doing good chi kung every day, THEN we'lll see what happens.. I did a more vigorous room clean yesterday, and went to bed earlier than usual and although I still don't feel great, I feel better than the day before. 

I also like this, just strip everything down and then build u;pwards from there, like stripping a car down to its bare frame...and then I can see which parts shoul'dn't be added from there ;))   

Feel more positive now.  So, small simple steps, win everytime ;)

I just returned from a retreat on sleep yoga. I've also had training in dream yoga in the past.

Our dreams and sleeping patterns are a reflection of what is occurring in our daily life.

A day filled with anxiety, stress, exposure to electronic media, violent news, and so forth means a night of expression of all of that input. 

A few tips that could help your sleep experience -

Prioritize basic healthy living including adequate hydration, wholesome nutrition, regular exercise, breathing exercises.

Consider integrating a daily meditation practice - practice upon awakening and prior to retiring to sleep.

Throughout your day, take frequent breaks in whatever you are doing.

Sit (or stand) comfortably and quietly. 

Connect with your body and allow it to deeply rest in its stillness.

Connect with your inner voice and allow it to deeply rest, listening only to the silence from which it arises.

Connect with your heart/mind and allow it to open, resting deeply in the open space that allows all possibilities.

Do this as often as possible. 

Do it particularly anytime something stimulates any sense of fear, anxiety, irritation, or desire. 

The idea is that the more we are able to abide during the day in a restful, quiet place, the more likely we are to bring that to our sleep and dreams. 

All of the advanced sleep and dream yoga practices are recommended to be done in a remote, quiet, and isolated setting for this reason.

As the evening begins to descend, pay careful attention to how you feel in your body and mind. 

Notice the natural onset of fatigue, the feeling that you've done enough for the day.

Avoid the temptation to ignore that and keep pushing yourself to do, think, and say more.

Let go of all electronic media and stimulation when that initial fatigue descends.

Avoid eating after this time, avoid vigorous exercise, drugs, and alcohol.

Allow yourself to gradually wind down and feel openness in your body, speech, and mind. 

Create a sacred place to sleep. 

Remove all electronic devices from the room, if possible. 

If not possible, put them as far from your sleeping place as possible.

Maybe decorate the room with images that are loving, supportive, and evoke a feeling of comfort and security if that feels right.

Light a small night light if that helps or burn a little incense.

As you retire for the night, feel the support and comfort of the sacred space.

Feel that there are beings or forces that are there to offer their protection and will watch over you throughout the night.

This could be beloved ancestors, deities, goddesses, anything that feels right to you. 

If you are one for prayer, say a prayer before bed.

Ask for help in clearing obstacles to a restful sleep.

Ask that you may be blessed with clear and supportive dreams.

Ask that you may be relieved of the trials and tribulations of the day so that your sleep may be rejuvenating.

As you lay in bed, continue to maintain a feeling of prayer and resting in a sacred space.

Generate a sincere feeling of inner warmth, contentedness, and gratitude.

As the endless thoughts arise, notice them, know that they will still be there and can be attended to when the time is right, and remind yourself that now is the time for freedom and rest.

Allow yourself to gently enter into sleep with a feeling of stillness, silence, and spaciousness.

I think one of the biggest obstacles to restful sleep is carrying all of our daily baggage into sleep with us.

The above are just some suggestions, modify them in whatever way works for you. 

The key is to feel open, protected, and to let go of the daily and worldly troubles as we enter that time of our day when we, to use a mundane analogy, recharge our battery and reboot the system.

May you be blessed with restful sleep and pleasant dreams.

_/\_

• Like 3

Hi all,

I am at my wits end.  I won't end my life, but I feel like it sometimes.  I successfully cleared the concrete dust from my windows as per my previous sleeping issue-

{http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/35061-nourishing-living-environment/},

and was sleeping better for a short period.  But the only thing i've done since then is reintroduce some heavy curtains since its winter here atm and they are needed, as well as a couple natural mats to cover the pine flooring.  I clean everything regularly - curtains, mats, flloor, sheets, etc. 

So the good news is I don't have those horrible sleeps like before, with heart racing and I also dream!  But I still get wet dreams which I KNOW are based on this irritated feeling I get in my eyes and nose. I mean when I spend more than an hour outside my room I get a ton of mucus out.  And I feel I can breathe again!  

I"m just sick of it.  Why can't I just get a good sleep?  Some great native american healer once told me that the person in my last life made great sacrifice to give me a great life.  So then why is this occuring?  My whole face and nose feels irritated and my nose is red from blowing.  And its a catch-22, i can't move until i'm healthy.  And nothing else in my life is majorly different to cause this.

please help.  I mean is there anyone psychic who can tell me exactly what it is the causing this issue and I will pay you?  I realize it can also be mental thing but thats the thing: I try to be positive EXACTLY AS BEFORE when I get a good sleep. 

I'm sorry for having a whinge,  This issue has been occuring for nearly 5 years now and that's 5 years of my life wasted and I won't stand for it anymore, even if it means I become homeless eventually lol.

Final thing.  I have always had weak immunity since a child since my mum's jing was weak from history of  drugs and also I didn't eat meat til teenage years and also sleeping with a tonne of dust under my bed for about a year once since my mum was overworked and forgot to vaccuum.  So I am sensitive to dust {maybe over-sensitive, but how do I change??}, and always like fresh air as much as possible though obviously that isn't possible here in winter.

Best regards

G

Goldleaf,

I do psychic readings (not professionally), and I have some ideas that might help you.

I feel that you're avoiding something. The problem you have is a way for you to create a sense of existing, a feeling of being real, an ego-identity.

It's like unconsciously, you're creating your problem as a way to avoid loss of ego. It gives you something to worry about and focus on.

The solution is to look into the defense, the desire to create an ego-identity.

The way you can look into the nature of something is to imagine if it wasn't there.

Imagine if you didn't have this problem. Would you feel empty? Would you feel insecure?

What I really sense is that your problem is a way of avoiding IMPERMANENCE. I think you've unconsciously created your problem as a way to avoid seeing the impermanence of YOURSELF.

Just know that your real self, your divine nature, is NOT impermanent. It's beyond time, change, and death. Therefore there's nothing to be afraid of.

I hope this helps.

Above post, if you say you don't have nothing to afraid of, well you say self is permanent then you could be in hell realms indefinite time. But everything ends, self included will end and one single thought will cause end that karma.

If you have wrong views you won't end your karma what cause rebirths. Having a permanent self view is wrong view.

having belief in self is a fetter what causes rebirth at least 7+ more times.

Edited by allinone

having belief in self is a fetter what causes rebirth at least 7+ more times.

Oh No!  I gotta do seven more of these life things!!!

Oh No!  I gotta do seven more of these life things!!!

yes,having a self view alone ensures you minimum of 7 more lives in a circle of life and death. If you remove clinging to self view you will have maximum of 7 more births.

Edited by allinone

yes,having a self view alone ensures you minimum of 7 more lives in a circle of life and death. If you remove clinging to self view you will have maximum of 7 more births.

Well, looking at this from a positive perspective, I will have seven more chance to meet the women I didn't meet this time around.  That's something for me to look forward to.  I do love women but not unconditionally.

• Like 1

Well, looking at this from a positive perspective, I will have seven more chance to meet the women I didn't meet this time around.  That's something for me to look forward to.  I do love women but not unconditionally.

if you are drunk and from the moment you become aware that you are drunk it takes 7 more times in order to being done for that, your game will end as a law of nature.​

So if you start notice your yearning for females thats a sign that your game will soon end, females doesn't come for you.

Well, hopefully I never start drink or smoking in my next life.

I just hope the next me enjoys the company of women as much as this me has.

think positively you won't escape females, you will have just the females you need, those that you never get. :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this