dwai

Mysuru - Krouncha Puri - Shaktipeetham

I was visiting my home town Mysuru (or Mysore in it's anglicized spelling) recently and stayed at my mom's place. She lives in an apartment building with a clear line of site to the Chamundeshwari temple from the terrace. My practice was on that terrace, twice a day, as is my routine.

For the first time (and I've lived in Mysuru since 1980 - 2000), I understood why it is called a shakti peetham. 

Adi Shankara named it (used to be called Krouncha Puri in ancient times) as the third Maha shakti peetham. There are 18 which are indisputably the same place as has been referred to in the Hindu history (puranas, etc). And Mysuru is one of them.

I had many interesting experiences, but the fact that my tai chi and meditation took on an intensity I had not readily experienced without my Master's presence before. I live in the chicago suburbs and the energy there is, to use a lame analogy, 110V. In Mysuru, the energy was 440V, in comparison!

The entire time I was there, I was in a more or less connected state, my upper and lower dan tiens were swollen with energy and when I practiced, it felt like I was several meters underwater, as the energy was so dense and intense. The lao gong on my right palm felt like it was on fire and the skin started peeling off the right palm.

I had plans of visiting the Ramana Maharishi ashram in Thiruvanamali (Arunachalam), but due to unfortunate circumstances it was not possible. Yet, the Universe arranged it so, that several spiritual seekers, including two Kriya Yogis who are students of the direct student of Paramhamsa Yogananda's guru brother (batch mate if you may). 

One of them also was learning Tai chi and daoist meditation from me and we had an amazing time meditating together, practicing push hands and playing with other energetic techniques!

I think I somewhat understand now, why India is so important in the Spiritual world...

• Like 4

Some additional notes. Working with my Kriya Yoga friends, we were exploring some ways to communicate with each other without vocalizing.

This was taught by my KY friends --

First we listened for our own energy. It is very strange because when you don't focus on it, it is not evident; but the energy is pulsating. Just like the heart beat, the energy rhythmically expands and contracts. After knowing our own energetic vibration pattern, we listened for the others. One by one. The patterns became evident within a few seconds. 

Then we practiced connecting from the Lower Dan Tien, one on one. Then with the Middle Dan Tien and finally with the Upper Dan Tien. 

Then we sent each other messages. Mantras, imagery, etc. Sometimes the brain was interpreting mantras as imagery...once i picked up a mantra as a brilliant sun shining in my third eye. 

Finally we practiced sending and receiving energy...making the other person feel what we were doing to them. Pushing, pulling, turning, lifting, sinking etc. This was more familiar territory for me. But this was being done without contact.

We were each sitting (three of us), at least 4-5 feet from each other. We then stood and did a Daoist meditation circle which I showed them how to do. Overall, it was so beautiful. We were exchanging ideas and  energy without ego etc. 

I was unable to visit Ramana Maharishi's ashram, but I still got to do Satsang. 

• Like 2

Hey Bhaya

I was down south this past winter - doing a small pilgrimage to Chidambaram, Kanchipuuram and Arunachala (three out of the five elemental lingams), and I also visited Meenakshi temple in madurai twice. I had a plan to go to Rameshwaram to get a darshan of the linga there as well, as this place is connected with one of the main Siddhas of the Buddhist Tantric lineage, I unfortunately couldn't make that happen because of time - I dreamt of visiting the place though and seeing "adams" bridge pointing towards Sri Lanka

I had a lot of psiritual openings during this time, and yes these ancient places are oozing energy. in the "sanctum sanctorum" of annamalai temple I almost fainted the inner and outer heat was so intense

tamil nadu is a very magical and powerful place - meeting the local people on the street was sometimes a divine experience, very strong souls

I have a strong calling ot go back - I also made aspiration prayers to come to chidambaram again, this temple is such a marvel on so many levels

So yes Bharat is a blessed land :)

• Like 1

The entire time I was there, I was in a more or less connected state, my upper and lower dan tiens were swollen with energy and when I practiced, it felt like I was several meters underwater, as the energy was so dense and intense. The lao gong on my right palm felt like it was on fire and the skin started peeling off the right palm.

I had a prolonged awakening (or quickening) experience once, it lasted for about a month.  During this period many "miraculous" things happened - but one of the byproducts was the skin peeling off both my palms.  Looked like little round holes, like tiny bubbles covering the whole surface of the palm.  I found it quite odd at the time.  Also my body odor smelled like flowers and incense and fruit, and after a few weeks it gave me some interesting insight into that phenomena.

This happened in bumfuck, NC, btw.  LOL

• Like 2

I had a prolonged awakening (or quickening) experience once, it lasted for about a month.  During this period many "miraculous" things happened - but one of the byproducts was the skin peeling off both my palms.  Looked like little round holes, like tiny bubbles covering the whole surface of the palm.  I found it quite odd at the time.  Also my body odor smelled like flowers and incense and fruit, and after a few weeks it gave me some interesting insight into that phenomena.

When the 2nd chakra is opened, it is said that the incense/etc smells etc follow.

I heard bumfuck, NC is a juicy place as well :D

• Like 1

When the 2nd chakra is opened, it is said that the incense/etc smells etc follow.

You may be speaking about the phenomena of the subjective experience of these smells alone - what Im saying is my armpits and feet smelled like this.  Other people asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing, etc.  Its happened before and since, along with many, many, many other things.  Just thought Id mention the similiar exp with skin peeling, which I found pretty interesting at the time.

• Like 1

You may be speaking about the phenomena of the subjective experience of these smells alone - what Im saying is my armpits and feet smelled like this.  Other people asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing, etc.  Its happened before and since, along with many, many, many other things.  Just thought Id mention the similiar exp with skin peeling, which I found pretty interesting at the time.

I was referring to the fact that "Others" smell this emanating around someone with activated 2nd chakra

I was referring to the fact that "Others" smell this emanating around someone with activated 2nd chakra

interesting theory - where did you hear about this?  do you have any reference available?

interesting theory - where did you hear about this? do you have any reference available?

Just some stuff I heard from some Indian practitioner friends...

Just some stuff I heard from some Indian practitioner friends...

I heard Elvis was still alive!! Also, I heard the moon is made of cheese!

Joking aside, do you have any idea of the relation of the 2nd chakra to such smells?  As in, what would be the mechanics involved, why would it happen?  Is there some kind of general concept that gives an idea why the 2nd chakra would do this, or how it would do this?

• Like 1

I heard Elvis was still alive!! Also, I heard the moon is made of cheese!

Joking aside, do you have any idea of the relation of the 2nd chakra to such smells?  As in, what would be the mechanics involved, why would it happen?  Is there some kind of general concept that gives an idea why the 2nd chakra would do this, or how it would do this?

I wish I could find references that I can share with you. What I have is anecdotal, stuff I've heard from other Yogis (and I mean real yogis, not yoga asana practitioners). In any case, they also told me not to fixate on these symptoms and side-effects :)

I wish I could find references that I can share with you. What I have is anecdotal, stuff I've heard from other Yogis (and I mean real yogis, not yoga asana practitioners). In any case, they also told me not to fixate on these symptoms and side-effects :)

It sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about, thats my issue with it.  "I heard it from some guys - trust me"  doesnt work for me, especially coming from a practically anonymous source such as yourself.  Hearsay is certainly not enough for me, much less for a random person on the street like you to give to me.  Experiencing this phenomena from the inside out, as I have on numerous occasions - has given me actual living insight into what is happening, on my own terms, within my own perception of my own body.  

The primary intent of your original and subsequent statements is clearly evident, but I am not concerned with it.  Beyond that, what is there to salvage?  Good luck.  Say hi to the "real yogis" for me  :)

It sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about, thats my issue with it.  "I heard it from some guys - trust me"  doesnt work for me, especially coming from a practically anonymous source such as yourself.  Hearsay is certainly not enough for me, much less for a random person on the street like you to give to me.  Experiencing this phenomena from the inside out, as I have on numerous occasions - has given me actual living insight into what is happening, on my own terms, within my own perception of my own body.  

The primary intent of your original and subsequent statements is clearly evident, but I am not concerned with it.  Beyond that, what is there to salvage?  Good luck.  Say hi to the "real yogis" for me  :)

Ok...so now you're trolling on my thread. So I'll have to say buh-bye and send prayers your way :)

This is simply an honest communication of my thoughts on the matter.  That is all.  

At least you avoided a reference to Hitler.

This is simply an honest communication of my thoughts on the matter.  That is all.  

At least you avoided a reference to Hitler.

Oh well in that case, thank you for your thoughts. You ARE entitled to your opinions. 

Maitri...

:)