Well, I have begun my meditation journey and I love the effects. I am registered for 10 day Vipassana in August (praying I get in) and they told me I have a good chance of getting in. However, Ill be going back to college after that so if I won't there will be some time before my next chance. I am realizing meditation is my path. I like how it feels and relaxes for my mind and body.

I meditated in the sauna and got tk the point of barely breathing (didnt feel like I was breathing). I try to concentrate on my nose, but I was wondering: is that the best spot to focus on? I got back to the room and continued the meditation and I came across another question: is it okay for my breathing to be in sort of a 1,2 rhythm as opposed to say a 6,12 count rhythm? What does this mean? Should I nudge my breath toward being slower?

I am buying "The Little Book of Meditation" tomarrow thanks to The Energy Cultivator's Handbook thread. One last question: I have a pinching pain inches under my right (and sometimes left) shoulder blade that wont seem to dissipate. Any advice or should I just continue meditating the way I have been?

what do you mean by "got tk" ? telekinesis is not an adjective. As for breathing, you shouldn't control it at all, you know that right? Whatever spot works for you is great, the goal is to go yin with your consciouss, "deeper" and "deeper". Letting go more and more. I used to meditate up to 4 hours a day about 2 years ago. I would often use the feeling of chi activity/heat/healing in my stomach/tai ji pole to guide myself towards going deeper aka reaching those deeper states of mind. If you get any sensations from going deeper into the meditation, if what you do is right then those sensations should be enhanced. Try some concentration training bro, its just as fantastic. i.e. bardon's IIH or there is a good youtube channel dynamicmentalfitness . 

Alright thank homie! By "got tk" I meant "got to". Yeah Idk I was in the sauna and I was concentrating on my breath only and it felt like I wasn't really breathing or using much energy. Im gonna check that youtube video out cause I wanna find out how to go deep.

Today when I was meditating I couldnt keep my attention on the tip of my nose for long before my mind wandered. And my mind wandered a lot. Every time I breathed without thinking about it, my mind would go directly to my breath. Also, if I was focusing too hard I wouldnt breath. This lead me to having to take forced deep breaths periodically through out my meditation. Any advice guys? My mom thinks I have anxiety.

Sorry for posting so much, I just have no one to talk to about this other than you guys.

Following the breath isn't easy, strangely neither is 'natural' breathing.  In the modern age, there is an app for that :).  Apps like Insight Timer where you set the in/hold/out/hold beat as well as length.  Best to take it slow and comfortable and build up from there. 

Sometimes I'll count my breaths to 100.  Even that low number takes practice cause its so easy to lose concentration. 

To combat anxiety I like the guided meditation by The Meditation Station called Evening Inventory.  After relaxation you bring to mind whats troubling you and drop it.  Nice, relaxing and short.  Here is one source for it- http://podbay.fm/show/123885923/e/1258408615?autostart=1 Some of the other meditations might work well with you too.

Interesting, I don't know how much technology could really help me during meditstion. I have been trying to distance myself from it most of the time other than this forum and for checking out books. I will try the guided meditation though. Thank you for your help.