Djshorty

Attraction and Energy

Now that I've been doing my daily practices and eating right, I'm starting to have a lot more energy. An interesting thing happened last week, I was on the bus, and a girl started hitting on me. She eventually asked for my number. Now I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but this rarely ever happens, if I want to meet a girl I gotta go out and ask them for numbers. Has anyone else experience anything similar after doing energy work for a while? Does energy have an effect on attraction, or am I just being superstitious?

Thanks

Now that I've been doing my daily practices and eating right, I'm starting to have a lot more energy. An interesting thing happened last week, I was on the bus, and a girl started hitting on me. She eventually asked for my number. Now I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but this rarely ever happens, if I want to meet a girl I gotta go out and ask them for numbers. Has anyone else experience anything similar after doing energy work for a while? Does energy have an effect on attraction, or am I just being superstitious?

Thanks

When our body is healthy, the mind is healthy. Mind is healthy , the body is healthy. Good things attract pleasant conditions.

Good stuff...eh? hehe

Peace,

Lin

Yes, happens to me when I do lots of Tai Chi practice.

Friends will ask if I have had a haircut or lost weight. They see something but can't understand what and go with "Your looking better"

It's amusing with girls as I would not call myself attractive and the pretty ones never use to talk to me before I started doing this stuff.

hahahhah B)

Yea for sure, provided me with some more positive reinforcement. I just wondered if I was attributing it to the wrong thing. Being a pretty shy guy myself who feels like I'm about to go sky diving when I approach girls that I don't know for their numbers, I really appreciated having a girl come up to me instead. Hmm now only if there was a way where they always came to me. I wonder if people have been able to use energy to attract what they want towards them (not the way the Secret would tell us though). However, I have read about the dangers of becoming too engrossed with just gaining more and more energy for personal gain.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys. If you have any more insight into this I'd be interested to hear about it. I'll check out that site Aspirin.

Take care

Wow! It's another good reason to keep practicing.

Klaus Joehle reported something to that effect somewhere in his book, "Living on Love - The Messenger". You can download his books and mp3s freely here: http://k.livingonlove.com/send-love.shtml

He talks about an "angel" which he calls "Sneaky" in the book. Sneaky is actually his Higher Self.

Just had to add this. It's wierd but I just started reading that book you were talking about 'the messenger', and in the openin forward it talks about how he started sports betting. Its funny because right now I'm watching my sports bets (betting and reading at same time), and sports betting isn't something I've usually done. Talk about synchronicity :P

Friend the real talent lies in not wanting :)

Dont think so, seadog. It's easy enough to not want and to not get.

Agree with you guys, nice abundant clean energy is attractive. Definitely.

Dont think so, seadog. It's easy enough to not want and to not get.

Agree with you guys, nice abundant clean energy is attractive. Definitely.

your subconscious just heard:

"It's easy enough to want and to get"

life is good.

Thanks

She could have genuinely been attracted to your energy. I think society has become so hollow and souless, that when people see someone with proper energy they are attracted like moths to a flame. On the other hand, and this is just a theory... but I half wonder if the "ego" (maybe not the correct term here) starts attracting these things intentionally to divert your attention and energies. I think the ego or lower self fears it's demise and will manifest things in an attempt to throw you off the path. If your weakness is in the love department more and more women will manifest. It could also be money or any other number of thngs. You might get promoted at work and have more responsibilities thrown on you to eat up your time. This is similar to the theory that "powers etc..." which arise during meditatation are often just traps to lead you astray. We see paralellels with the temptations of Buddha and even Jesus. The irony is once you are off the path, your practice dwindles and the manifestations fade and disappear.

That's an interesting theory Rabbit, and it would make sense that the ego would want to manifest things to help you stray off the path. However, I think this incident strengthened my resolve to continue with my practices rather than to dissipate it. I just hope I'm not trying to gain energy for the wrong reasons, which does seem to be the case right now. It's hard to get your mind to not want something; at least that's the way I feel about it.

I should note that at the time when this happened, I had just finished a long day of work, got on the bus, and felt pretty down. I was almost thinking that maybe this idea of eating two healthy meals a day and the practicing was accomplishing nothing but bringing my anger levels higher (it had been approximately two weeks since I was eating healthy, and about three months since I started doing meditations). After this thought crossed my mind, I went to the opposite polarity, and just felt so grateful to be alive, I felt like I had the power to live my life anyway I want (this must be what people with bi-polar disorder feel like all the time). It was at this point that the girl started hitting on me.

It could be that I'm taking this whole situation out of context, as it hasn't happened to me since. But that whole week I had people asking me what time it was, or asking me random questions when I'd walk by (in one case a woman asked me if the bus goes to a particular place, and I wasn't even taking the bus, I was just walking by). This past week, I haven't had anything like this happen though, so I'm kinda lost. It's almost as if it turns on and off, and I want to know how to control it.

Thank you for your insights,

Take care

She could have genuinely been attracted to your energy. I think society has become so hollow and souless, that when people see someone with proper energy they are attracted like moths to a flame. On the other hand, and this is just a theory... but I half wonder if the "ego" (maybe not the correct term here) starts attracting these things intentionally to divert your attention and energies. I think the ego or lower self fears it's demise and will manifest things in an attempt to throw you off the path. If your weakness is in the love department more and more women will manifest. It could also be money or any other number of thngs. You might get promoted at work and have more responsibilities thrown on you to eat up your time. This is similar to the theory that "powers etc..." which arise during meditatation are often just traps to lead you astray. We see paralellels with the temptations of Buddha and even Jesus. The irony is once you are off the path, your practice dwindles and the manifestations fade and disappear.

I can sympathize with this story. Beautiful woman are so powerful.

Actually, one thing that has started to come up for me that marriage really is the way to go for serious cultivators(unless your doing the celibacy thing which let's face it 99% of men can't pull off).

Marriage-to someone who you can be in harmony with you not kill your spirit like so many modern marriages-and it goes both ways men do the same to woman-seems to me can be a sort of "container" for your alchemy.

It just seems marriage to the right partner is the way to go. Especially if you do Taoist practices and learn Taoist sex stuff(I can't say I really am adept at that at this point but am learning!) probably the love and affection for your partner would grow.

Also-a real loving marriage I think would act as a sort of protection in the desire world-

So yeah...finding the right partner and making a committment and stuff seems where it is at to me.

:D I have experienced this many times, Oolong. My energy attracts things which divert me from my intention.

Every time, I'm like a child being shown a pretty toy.

;)

I can sympathize with this story. Beautiful woman are so powerful.

Actually, one thing that has started to come up for me that marriage really is the way to go for serious cultivators(unless your doing the celibacy thing which let's face it 99% of men can't pull off).

Marriage-to someone who you can be in harmony with you not kill your spirit like so many modern marriages-and it goes both ways men do the same to woman-seems to me can be a sort of "container" for your alchemy.

It just seems marriage to the right partner is the way to go. Especially if you do Taoist practices and learn Taoist sex stuff(I can't say I really am adept at that at this point but am learning!) probably the love and affection for your partner would grow.

Also-a real loving marriage I think would act as a sort of protection in the desire world-

So yeah...finding the right partner and making a committment and stuff seems where it is at to me.

"Regarding your question about a complimentary soul and marriage, the answer is easy to give; the way of the spiritual life lies for you in one direction and marriage lies in quite another and opposite. All talk about a complimentary soul is a camouflage with which the mind tries to cover the sentimental, sensational, and physical wants of the lower vital nature. It is that vital nature in you which puts the question and would like an answer reconciling it's desires and demands with the call of the true soul in you."

"As to the question of marriage in general, we do not consider it advisable for one who desires to come to the spiritual life. Marriage means usually any amount of trouble, heavy burdens, a bondage to the worldly life and great difficulties in the way of single-minded spiritual endeavour. It's only natural purpose would be, if the sexual trend was impossible to conquer, to give it a restricted and controlled satisfaction."

"As to sexual impulse. Regard it not as something sinful and horrible and attractive at the same time, but as a mistake and wrong movement of the lower nature. Reject it entirely, not by struggling with it, but by drawing back from it, detaching yourself and refusing your consent; look at it as something not your own, but imposed on you by a force of nature outside you."

From "The Integral Yoga" Sri Aurobindo's Teaching and Method of Practice.

The first one is a specific reply to an individual about his own personal situation.

Yeah..that just doesn't seem balanced for a westerner at all :lol:

In all seriousness IF you can do the celibacy thing great. Let's get real though. Can you? Are you celibate? Or are you instead saying have sexual realationships but don't get married?

I am more interested in real living peoples experiences with this than some long gone guru from a different culture than mine.

Yeah..that just doesn't seem balanced for a westerner at all :lol:

In all seriousness IF you can do the celibacy thing great. Let's get real though. Can you? Are you celibate? Or are you instead saying have sexual realationships but don't get married?

I am more interested in real living peoples experiences with this than some long gone guru from a different culture than mine.

Excuses, excuses! :D

Sri Aurobindo is a westerner, as well as an easterner. And, he was once a real living person! Until 1950.

Born in India, he wasn't allowed to associate with Indians, nor learn the language. He was raised by an English nanny and went to an english boarding school, and his first language is english. At seven years old he was sent to England to be educated and didn't return to India until he was 20 or 21. His partner, the Mother, was from France.

I've been celibate for about twelve years. :o It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I was in my 30's, so I had my fun already. :rolleyes: The difficulty is in stopping sexual thoughts! One sexual thought leads to another, which leads to horniness, which leads to sex.

Thoughts come from outside of you. I disciplined my mind to throw away the sexual thought and immediately turn my thoughts toward the Divine Mother. Do I want to rest in her arms? or do I want to blow my load? It was an easy decision for me.

After a while you will realize how animalistic the sex impulse is, and you will get tired of feeling like a puppet for it's expression. Having been on both sides of the sex question, I would never go back. My respect for, and relationships with women immediately improved.

Sex is a habit, not a need. It can be overcome. The way I see it, if you can overcome the sex desire, you can overcome all other desires...and be free. ;)

You nailled it.

You said you "had your fun".

My guess is most Taobums(including myself) have not "had there fun".

So..it's probably a situation where you did what you needed to do, and then moved on to celibacy.

But my guess is for 99% of cultivaors on here the Taoist sex practices will be probably be the long term solution not celibacy.

But...really....really...impressive..keep it up!

You nailled it.

You said you "had your fun".

My guess is most Taobums(including myself) have not "had there fun".

So..it's probably a situation where you did what you needed to do, and then moved on to celibacy.

But my guess is for 99% of cultivaors on here the Taoist sex practices will be probably be the long term solution not celibacy.

But...really....really...impressive..keep it up!

I did the Taoist sex practices for a while too. The problem I had with them is they worked so good, I felt as though I was becoming addicted to sex. Practice, practice, practice! B)

Once again, thanks for all the replies, and tidbits of wisdom. Someone mentioned you have to not want it, and I've been thinking about this lately. How is it that you make yourself not want something, and if you're trying to not want it doesn't that mean you really do want it? If anyone knows how to make certain desires subside (other than satisfying it), plz enlighten me, cause for sure sexual desire in my case, is given even more preference than food.

Thanks

Peace

How is it that you make yourself not want something, and if you're trying to not want it doesn't that mean you really do want it?

:)

Life is filled with desires / attachment. No easy advice, sorry, but just living and growing older helps me.

Be easy and you are right.

Thanks Mal. I'm sure getting older will help in many ways with a variety of desires.

I guess finding the answer to how to subdue certain desires isn't particularly easy (otherwise ppl would be able to get off heroine, cocaine, etc..). However, I do think the answer has something to do with rejecting such desires, or at least holding off on fulfilling them. I was addicted to cigarettes not too long ago, but I managed to quit... the way I did that was by not giving into the desire. On the other hand, trying to quench a desire by satisfying it, makes no sense to me, this is like saying smoking a lot will stop you from having the desire to smoke (it might help in the short term, but eventually the desire will come back even stronger). These are just my thoughts on the matter, and hopefully others can chime in. Maybe I just have to live it out, and see where it takes me.

Greeting all, and nice to meet you Djshorty.

I have also noticed this happen to me more then a few times. some lead me into what i felt were good places (which they were pleasant) and others which ultimately lead me into bad places. Please let me remind you I know very little of Internal Alchemy and energy work. But if you ask me imho best not to manifest any desires to getting women.

I'm 21 years old. I know how hard it is. But when I've been success i use my will, to reject the desire, hopfully try and practice emptiness to its full extent. (having a Taoist to transmit emptiness or help you along your path helps lots) Unfortunately i don't any help in that area :(

Edited by WhiteTiger