Sign in to follow this  
Rakiel

Sick from Chlorella

So a few years ago I bought some Chlorella and I was taking a few tablets per day. There were no issues. One day out of the blue, I woke up a took my first two tablets. After I had gotten to work, I came down with a terrible sickness and I had to go home. I was real sick: I spent the next few hours vomiting. So I figured it was the chlorella and I started looking it up online and it appears that I am not alone in getting sick from chlorella. A few weeks later, I tried some more (a different bottle/lot) and the same thing happened. A few weeks later, I bought a green smoothie drink with just a smal dose of chlorella and I got midly sick (not to the earlier extent).

So my question is can I reintroduce myself to chlorella by taking a half pill or something and slowly incrementally increase the dosage? Does anyone have any experience in what might cause this or what to do about it? Thanks in advance

In all likelihood your constitution does not support the intake of chlorella at this point, so why not try a different supplement instead? Or is there any particular reason that makes you feel this supplement is a necessity? Perhaps wheatgrass could be one alternative to try? 

• Like 4

Best advice comes from your body. From your reaction, your body says, no, rather violently.

In your OP you said you tried a smoothie with a small amount and still "got mildly sick". Listen to your body, It is talking to you. Why are you asking strangers if it is ok to introduce smaller amounts when you already have the answer?

Why is this form of algae so important to you?

• Like 2

There are other greens in the sea B)  time to check'em out.  

You don't even need to be exotic, making smoothies with green leaves and veggies are extremely nutritious.  We had some posts on them a while back.  Secret is to start small then build up with more veggies.

My Green smoothie- 1/2 banana (can be frozen), 1/2 avocado, 2 handfuls green material(lettuce, young spinach etc.) milk of choice, vanilla, little sweetener, ice cubes.  Blend til smooth.  Tastes like a vanilla milk shake

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

We can intellectualize what maybe happened, but ultimately it's best to just listen to your body. Tablet form of anything is usually not the greatest because there are fillers added to make sure the pill stays fresh and compressed... but I doubt that's what made you sick.

I don't think humans are meant to eat algae, on the whole. We don't have a history of doing it. Sea weed, sure, but not algae. When I read reports that the UN was thinking of turning spirulina into a universal starvation aid, I cringed. The last people who should be eating algae are starving people with spleen qi deficiency. But that's what science and fractionated medicine do to people.

Algae is considered "very cold" in nature to the GI, in holistic medicine. It's difficult to process. Most people I know who have been using it long-term combine it with other foods, they can't take it straight. People with robust digestion can handle it -- these are people with iron stomachs who never get food poisoning. Me, I get the shits from it no matter how much I prepare it. I've tried 1/10th of the recommended dose and it still happens -- and that was during a very robust time for me,

And no it's not detox reaction or "die off". It's your body telling you that something isn't good for you. There's no greater confirmation than vomiting or shitting your ass off all day. 

• Like 4

agree totally Orion,

i've never had the yen to eat stuff like that.

on the other hand, people with too much mercury in their system invariably react badly to chlorella, in that case it is a pointer to toxic stuff in the body that you better get rid of. By removing the black fillings by an able dentist using a slow drill, a cofferdam and eh..suction/ ventilation. To take care that poisonous fumes don't enter the body of both client and dentist. And afterwards a good detox is no luxury either.

agree totally Orion,

i've never had the yen to eat stuff like that.

on the other hand, people with too much mercury in their system invariably react badly to chlorella, in that case it is a pointer to toxic stuff in the body that you better get rid of. By removing the black fillings by an able dentist using a slow drill, a cofferdam and eh..suction/ ventilation. To take care that poisonous fumes don't enter the body of both client and dentist. And afterwards a good detox is no luxury either.

Removing amalgama fillings is a doozy, as the body invariably absorbs some quicksilver, no matter how carefully one tries to avoid it. One should consider carefully if it's worth it.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. I have no particular inclination toward algae. I was just interested in its nutrient-dense properties and ease of use. I guess I will stick to wheatgrass. I am considering Barley Grass and Hydrilla as well.

• Like 1

A lot of super dense food is un-natural and you can often find skin problems and nasal problems as a result.

Quality food and good combining along with good timing in relation to when you sleep - this is generally the best.

A considerable effect of hyper dense foods it that they act like speed in your system and tend to unbalance perfectly decent relationships within. It can also be an engineering addiction - constant manipulation as though you must find the nutrition "answer" before proceeding to the next engineering "answer".

Unfortunately - it is also something people often use in order for them to believe they are compensation for smoking, drinking, coffee and sweets - it can be helpful here and there but in general one is just kidding oneself.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this