ralis

The Amazing Powers of Chi

The first two are cheap tricks nothing to do with Qi or anything like that.

Exactly why are you taking this thread seriously? It is a joke! Have some fun!

Yeah, the first two were magic.  But the third one, no, that's the real deal.

I was laughing so hard at the first one that I had to post it here. Lighting the cigarette was absolutely nuts!

• Like 1

Exactly why are you taking this thread seriously? It is a joke! Have some fun!

There is no mention of the joke inside the thread topic, it's actually creating confusion that cultivation of the Qi is about it or this is Qi cultivation. It's not funny when you adding ignorance rather then quality and wisdom. You should rename it to joke manner. 

and making jokes about methods, traditions, lineages and practices which saves lifes and deliver people from birth and death it's a no-no you just didn't experience any genuine tradition and practices to really feel that. 

Edited by CelibacySeeker
  • Like 1

LMAO and I am still laughing! Anyone else have some good ones?

ROTFL  :D  :D  :D

thank you, I really needed a laugh just when i opened your thread  :)

I think i'll buy me a fan too  :P

There is no mention of the joke inside the thread topic, it's actually creating confusion that cultivation of the Qi is about it or this is Qi cultivation. It's not funny when you adding ignorance rather then quality and wisdom. You should rename it to joke manner. 

and making jokes about methods, traditions, lineages and practices which saves lifes and deliver people from birth and death it's a no-no you just didn't experience any genuine tradition and practices to really feel that. 

I see you are new to this site and to accuse me of being ignorant is preposterous! Further, I started this thread as adding some levity to the site.

Scolding me with a behavioral command (no-no) as if you are a parent is laughable! Further, you have no idea what my beliefs are.

BTW, if you have something humorous to add as the OP requested, then by all means do so. If not the DharmaWheel may be apropos for your seriousness.

Edited by ralis

ROTFL  :D  :D  :D

thank you, I really needed a laugh just when i opened your thread  :)

I think i'll buy me a fan too  :P

The fan and lighting the cigarette are the best! :lol:

• Like 1

That one was real too.  With the drill, note that he was holding it back with his left hand/arm.  But I'm with you, things I won't be trying either.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

So, that's what they meant by "I'm going to drill it into your head!!!"

Has anyone been made to do the duck squat in grade school when you messed up. Or, was told to get up to the board and hold your book by your left arm, and your paper and pencil with your right wrist and hold a pencil and write until the Nun ("Stir") told you, go back to your desk. Or, how about getting your getting your fingers bent back because you did get it. Or, how about getting punched in the face, because you talked back to a Nun.

I should have gone to Kung Fu school first...

and then on to Catholic Grade School...but wait. That wouldn't of work because I would of been  the biggest kid in the class room, school, and graduating class. And then the biggest kid in High School. And then too old to get drafted. But just O.K. to go to College and then grad school.

JD

• Like 1

The first guy looks like me eating a Buriitto. I don't see anything wrong with his table manners. He's just enjoying himself!

Things I wouldn't want to try:

A drill is one thing but let's see him use a rotary hammer drill. :wacko:

• Like 1

The drill in the head and a dime will get this guy a cup of coffee? Obviously, I haven't bought a cup of coffe in a long time. When I do, I usually have lots of creamer and suger with some coffee in it.

No, answer on the duck walk technique, black board technique, or small jujitsu "Cat lick" grade school technique?  Look, just give me $700.00 and we'll see what we can do. Part of the money will be spent on a "time machine"  that will be built by me. We will have to go back to 1957, St. Theodore Grade School, 4th grade. Don't worry we'll only be watching the technique in past time, not real time. Oh, bring your Smart Phone so you can record it for future referrence as a rescource to help your practice. Annnnd!, we can put it up on the The Dao Bum site as a Youtube presentatilon. Won't that be fun? :D

JD

Can someone explain how that yogi lay on the fire? Was it an illusion?

I can do the same, like him even better I can do it naked. I will just do mark my third eye with red paste and look like a hobo and the money will flow, but this is hoax and cheating not genuine spirituality, cheap trick. Everybody can do it SUPER EASY so I will not telling how to do that as people ego will hype up and try it with hand or fingers to impress people.

I can assure you this is trick, if you want you can pay me 500$ (get irony?) and I can do the same here record it with no CGI and nothing like that or even live stream it. 

Edited by CelibacySeeker

Do you guys remember the Buddhist Monk that actually set himself on fire back in the day when people had some real protests going on. He burnt all the way to the ground, and didn't get up. What I don't get is how did he not show pain. He just sat there while people watched. Oh yeah, he had a buddy pour some gaseline on him, so he was going to get up and run away from it. He meant to kill himself. But he just sat there and took it. :unsure:

Well, he had a pair of balls that he had never used so he had that going for him.

He also may have consumed something such that he was already in heaven when the burning started.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"Can someone explain how that yogi lay on the fire? Was it an illusion?"

-----

He is using what is called "fire gel" or "burn gel".

It is used in fire stunts for movies.

It is a goopy clear gel that will prevent even loose hair (properly managed) from burning.

It is saturated into his clothes too.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 1

Do you guys remember the Buddhist Monk that actually set himself on fire back in the day when people had some real protests going on. He burnt all the way to the ground, and didn't get up. What I don't get is how did he not show pain. He just sat there while people watched. Oh yeah, he had a buddy pour some gaseline on him, so he was going to get up and run away from it. He meant to kill himself. But he just sat there and took it. :unsure:

That was an anti war protest in Vietnam back in the late 60's or early 70's. I remember it well.

• Like 2