manitou

Anybody want to share healing techniques?

I've been chasing this dragon for years - developing the ability to heal others.  If what don Juan Mateus, Castaneda's nagual, says, we also get the benefit of whatever we're able to do for others.

This is such a controversial subject, I know - and there are so many naysayers out there, even on this forum.  I can even be a naysayer to myself - sometimes it seems too hard to believe, that we can actually change the dynamic of any particular malady - and my first reaction, even to my own healing ceremonies, is that 'it's just a coincidence'.

But the successes are starting to pile up, and it's getting harder for me to write this all off to coincidence.

In my particular case, I was exposed to Christian Science by a great aunt who was a healing practitioner when I was a young girl - she would take me to her meetings.  In later life, I read much of what Mary Baker Eddy wrote - her metaphysics are exquisite, although I don't feel the need to use the Nazarene as an intermediary, as she did.  I suspect that by the time she reached the end of her life, she knew that as well, but because her writings and teaching were so well established, they remained intact without the modification of not requiring Jesus as an intermediary.  Just my opinion from reading what she's written.

Her method utilized deep personality dynamics, and it is this modality that we use in ceremony.  To figure out "why someone is manifesting something', and this assumes that we are the Manifester.  Once we can tap into that mindset and use it in ceremony, I am finding that healing does actually occur.

Through the years I have intermingled shamanic ceremony with this metaphysical dynamic.  Not that there is anything magic in shamanic ceremony per se (perhaps there is, but if so, I don't understand it), but we use it as a vehicle in which to couch the metaphysics.  It keeps the mind of the person being healed confused, so that they're not running an internal dialogue of 'this is absolutely ridiculous'.  The drums and rattles work as a transport, and it seems to keep their mind more open, receptive to suggestion and reverse imprint.

What I have done over the years is to try and merge everything I've learned from every tradition and meld it into a garment of my own making.  I believe that I am on to something.

So if anybody would like to share their healing discoveries, the mindsets they use, the methods they use, and the mindset into which they place the person being healed, would you be willing to share it here?  Can we learn from each other, developing and merging our modalities so that they are the most effective they can be?  I know that there are plenty of qigong practitioners here who would have much to add, and might even become even more successful in their own healing practice.

Any interest?

Edited by manitou
  • Like 10

Although there aren't any actual responses to my question, I can see from the spiritual heft of the people who liked my original post that it's worth continuing the conversation, and that there is interest from serious practitioners.  So I'll just continue - and please - anybody - please jump in and share your own experiences and/or opinions.

i'll do this in segments, sort of.  A few a day.

First off, I have to say that in my opinion, that anybody can be a healer.  I don't think it takes special properties or attunement at all.  I think it takes using a little intuition and common sense.  And as I said before, I've come to the conclusion that these healings I'll be talking about are not merely coincidence.  I believe they have really happened as a result of our tweaking the dynamic within the people involved.  I'll include specific cases toward the end of this for purposes of illustration and explanation of the dynamics found, and dynamics tweaked.

I know there are many energy workers out there that do particular things.  I have a lady friend who considers herself an energy worker and a master at Reiki and such things, and I don't understand at all what she does.  I've not seen results with what she does, but on the other hand, I've never really had her work on me, other than for a headache that she wasn't able to do anything about.  This isn't the sort of dynamic I'm talking about.  Nor am I talking about qigong per se - I imagine that there are many modalities used on our forum that are just as effective as mine, probably more so.

The kind of healing Joe and I do is a ceremonial healing, but as I said in the OP, the ceremony is really only used to give the healing a beginning and an ending, and it helps to keep the healee's mind in a state of confusion - if confused, there is not the built-in resistance to  believing that anything is possible.  Anything is possible.

Today's segment:

Section I  -   We are the Manifester.  My whole understanding of healing is just that.  That there is no separate entity to which to appeal to intermediate.  This is just my approach.  If that is the case, then it stands to reason that we manifest that which happens to us, and those maladies that we develop. We are 'God', in essence.  We are The Thinker.  This sort of takes the 'fate' aspect out of it, or a 'god's will' aspect out of it.  It's all in our hands.  If it's in our hands, then we have ultimate control over what happens to us.

As I see it, this squares with the fact that the Sage is not bothered by wild beasts or misfortune in life.  That things leave him alone.  To put this in a more Buddhist concept, he is not creating new karma for himself because he has transcended himself, his reactions, his emotions, in a sense.  Even his dreams are no longer reacting to karmic influence incurred during the day or the night, as explained more fully within the concept of Dream Yoga.

I don't know whether kundalini activity has anything to do with the things I will write about here.  Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.  I tend to think it doesn't.  I think we're all 'god', and as such, can do such things.  Maybe a K-active person will find it easier to triangulate the offending dynamic inside the person, but I don't really think there's any K-magic that attends every ceremony.  I've seen the K-energy attend, I've seen it not attend.  Both times were successful.  Both Joe and I are K-active, but I'm not sure that matters.  I could be wrong.

Section 2 - There is a self-realization component to this

A self realization component, in that the better we know ourselves, the better we know the one we're healing.  if we are all One, as a god-entity, then we are all the same inside.  We all have the same primal attributes prior to the conditioning.  The only thing that separates us is our conditioning, the fact that we were raised through different lenses, by different parents, with different hardships, in different points in the world and in time.

much of determining why somebody is manifesting a particular condition, is to ask ourselves 'how would I feel, or what would I do in similar circumstances?'  This helps us triangulate the origin of the imprint that is causing the sick manifestation and see the direction of it.  It also enables us to tweak or even reverse the dynamic so that a different result is obtained.

What is self-realization, as I speak of it here?  It is peeling the onion of personality, going In.  Trying the best we can to get back to our Original Nature.  Being aware of the part we play in every circumstance in our lives.  Knowing what our shortcomings are, and doing what we can to change them.  Being honest with ourselves.  In my particular case, what started this peeling process was the steps of recovery, wherein I had to change my personality 180 degree from the negative side to the positive side in order to get and stay comfortable as a sober person.  That has been a 34 year process and continues to this day.

But anybody who has remained on this forum and treasures walking their path, and particularly those few who are reading this, have certainly done their own form of self-discovery, have stopped blaming everybody else for their misfortune, and are not afraid to apologize when they mess up.  It is this process alone that ultimately will enable us to transcend the ego, which is necessary for two reasons in this type of healing:

1)  it allows us to risk looking like a total fool.  Becoming a healer involves just that.  We have to be unafraid to fail.  We have to develop the mindset that we are not the egoic entity succeeding or failing; rather, we are coming from a place of Oneness with the person we are seeking to make well, and we are working in concert and Oneness.  We have to be unafraid of what others think; that they will think us crazy.  We have to become unafraid of being mocked, or being accused of seeming egotistical because we think we can heal.  We can heal.  We all can.  We just don't know it.

2)  The other reason, is that the ability to transcend or sidestep ego enables us to See.  I mean 'See' in a Seer context.  If we can see clearly our own personality plusses and minuses without placing a Good or Bad label on them, then we're unafraid to see ourselves as we actually are.  If we can do that, we can see another as they actually are.  Again, it goes back to the fact that we are all primally the Same, the One.  We all have different ego buttons, and the trick is to file the buttons down so they don't impede the vision.

That's it for today.  More later.  Please, I invite any comments or suggestions.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

Section 3 - There is a 'pretend' aspect to this.

The Nazarene said it - that one must develop the mind of a child.  Not being a Christian scholar, I'm not sure exactly what he was talking about, but I think it can definitely be applied to a healing setting.  These ceremonies are similar in nature to what a child would do if they were pretending to do something.  Like pretending to have a tea party, or pretending to be a cowboy roping a horse.  This is what tricks the brain and changes the dynamic.  The soul (or maybe even subconscious brain) doesn't seem to know the difference as to whether something is happening for real (what is real, anyway?  It's all just stories!) or whether we're duplicating it in a 'pretending' sense.  Either way, we get the benefit.  It sounds incredible, but I've been doing this for a few years now and just starting to get some results.  And this goes back to being willing to look like a fool and diminishing ego to the point where we can do that.

One more word on pretending.  I think if the Nazarene was anything, he was a great healer.  I recall from my old Christianity days where there was one healing occasion where he stooped down and drew something in the earth.  It doesn't say, if I recall, what specifically he was doing.  But I'll bet he was doing something with Pretending, drawing a picture, something to bring it from the Metaphysical to the Physical.  I'm just guessing, but there had to be a reason for doing that.

Section 4 - As Above, So Below

As above, meaning the realm of the metaphysical.  This is the realm beyond religious thought, thought of any path in particular.  It is the dynamics of Truth contained inherent within all paths, but without the distinctions and separation.

Below, in this context, is what we observe here in the physical realm.  'So Below' refers to the manifestation of the malady the person (or the Manifester) is exhibiting.  By Pretending and changing the dynamic in the metaphysical realm (the pretending part is dabbling in the metaphysical, as I see it for the purposes here) we are changing a corresponding dynamic in the physical arena, thereby changing the dynamic of the disease, or the manifestation.

Section 5  -  We usually have to go backward in Time with this

In fact, that's the essence of it.  We often speak on this forum, particularly in a Buddhist sense, of the illusion of time being linear.  This is how we put our money where our mouth is, in healing.  When you are performing a ceremony, make sure you are in awareness of this point.  There is not really any yesterday, today, or tomorrow.  Those who have lived and died are here with us Now.  Those who are here Now, are here Now, regardless of distance.  Those who are yet to be born are here Now.

We must bring this awareness into the ceremony, in my way of thinking, for this to be effective.  If you are dealing with cancer, for example, we have to go back in time to change the dynamic of the cancer manifestation.  Cancer doesn't develop overnight - it's a product of time, and it's Time we must work with to reverse the disease.

So make sure you are in Awareness of the flexibility of Time as you form your Intent for the healing, and as you perform the actual ceremony.  Time is a tool to be held in awareness.  Awareness, aligned with pretending actions, seems to be the key.

• Like 2

Great thread Mani, I hope me posting now doesn't spoil your current flow.

Like yourself, many of us deep down are still sceptical; and that is why there are so many different practices, designed to appeal to/crack open different minds/beliefs. The idea is to unshackle the mind from it's beliefs, or tap into those which are well established (like tje Christian faith).

When the mind is able to let go of control, the body naturally heals. It wants to, but the power to do so is usurped by this false sense of self.

Letting go is key. Many of us are clenching onto events/memories that we think define us somehow; and they do define us for as long as we cling. That continuous obsessing or burrying (and reburrying) of such memories takes a heavy toll. In many cases the act needs simply to be forgiven, by a devine authority figure, or if possible the offender/offended. Then, there is the ultimate goal of teaching a (willing) person more about what they are, so that these emotional healing methods become redundant. Emotional healing is temporary, as are all emotions that come and go, changing like clouds riding the wind. That is why people often need a "reminder" or see problems reappear.

However, to one that observes reality on a higher level (not so lost in the world of unnecessary values), they may know themselves better (through forgetting themselves) and naturally heal. This is why the body heals more as the mind rests. Not everybody is ready for that amount of letting go, and often when we think we are, we are proven wrong.

Getting ready for my daily drive along the chaotic city roads of China...about to prove it to myself once more ;p

• Like 2

A technique...

When you see the patient as being sick, your mindset is blocking their healing. Another way of saying this is that you're manifesting their illness.

"Healing" (as differentiated from medical types of healing, which involve alleviating symptoms) is on the level of the soul, which impacts the body. So "healing" at times just benefits them on a deep level while maintaining physical complaints, or sometimes addresses those complaints as well as a byproduct. Whereas medical types of healing primarily address the complaints, but not the soul itself.

Each person has their subjective universe where their perceptions dictate what they think reality is, and when two people meet, those differing perceptions collide and can influence each other to some extent.

Sickness exists because of flawed perception. We think sickness is part of reality, and...so be it.

When you see a person as being sick, in a certain sense it's like you have the perception of their soul as being imperfect. That who they are is diseased. It might be the case that the patient's flawed perception created their illness in the first place, but it's absolutely the case that if you're seeing them as sick, then that's entirely a matter of your own perception.

The subjective universes collide, and maybe the patient who previously felt totally normal suddenly begins to feel sick and as if they have a problem. Sometimes this is entirely due to the healing practitioner causing that, and the only thing the patient did was trust them.

So it can help to see the patient as being healthy, as having the potential to become even healthier, etc. Poor prognosis is a self perpetuating cycle.

Perhaps being a healer is mostly self-work: working on our own perceptions of others. They say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...basically meaning that when you see something as beautiful, it's actually you that is beautiful...beauty is held in your perception alone, and not necessarily in the object of perception.

It follows that if you see sickness everywhere, the lens of your perception has been fogged up by "sickness". If you find it hard to see the person as having radiant health (which they do, in truth, if they're walking talking and breathing), at least rid yourself of the perception that there's something wrong with the patient, so that they at least have the chance for change and impermanence to rid them of whatever problems there are, instead of the practitioner.

The truth is that our true nature is totally well. When a practitioner looks at us and thinks that WE are unhealthy, they're plainly wrong. Who we are is the greatest health.

If you can also view patients in this light, perhaps it will help them naturally heal. It's also been said to visualize them as if they were healthy, if you have trouble seeing them as such.

Or some people might be able to more easily understand when put this way - just manifest the person as being healthy and forget about illness.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

Refine yourself and thereby refine your spirit. The lighter you become the more you can help a person to shift their condition.

Anybody can become a healer, but some are better than others. Others have been doing it for lifetimes and it shows in their spiritual life force as well as their capacity to help people. Others are just starting. You attract patients based on your level and potential. Those behaving or practicing as though they are beyond their pay grade are abusing authority and trust, and will have to expiate later. A lot of people do this, especially in the U.S. I find, where people learn 2% of knowledge and then turn it into show business. The best healers I've ever met in this lifetime appear totally mundane, until you interact with them and receive their gifts.

When I started out as a licensed practitioner, I had in my head that I wanted to fix people. Now I realize that's pointless. Nobody fixes anybody, and nobody needs fixing. You just hold space, help them to facilitate their process, and offer knowledge and guidance based on whatever modalities you know.

The lowest level practitioners (and their patients) are the ones looking to fix or be fixed. They tend to develop the most co-dependent relationships.

I concur that seeing people as sick or diseased is not all that useful. What is the imbalance? What is the goal? If you look at it like... why did God design this situation for the person, or why did they choose it, or what happened to them that this was their response... things tend to become a lot more clear. I've met imbalanced people who, for various reasons, need to remain imbalanced. Their condition is still useful to them, in some way. They are subconsciously ensuring it happens because probably they are acting out a spiritual lesson that their human level reality has not yet integrated or learned from. It would be unethical (and usually impossible) to disrupt such configurations. Their personality level is saying "Help me!" but their spirit is practically shouting, "Please stay away."

Yes it's true, some unwellness is accidental. People who think all unwellness is self-induced (like getting into a car accident, etc.) because every single thing in reality is pre-ordained are just as bad as people who don't see a mind-body connection. Discernment is required across dependent situations. Always.

Most serious conditions are trials or wake up calls, at the deepest level. Sometimes you can help guide people through their trials and other times there is absolutely nothing you can do. To know the difference you have to be in good communication with your higher self, otherwise you will just see it as "disease" and not accomplish much. Healing takes place when the lesson is done. Sometimes a pattern sticks around past its expiry date and you can tell the person is so over it. Those people heal immediately, with a little TLC.

Our modern society sees "illness" as inconvenience and it's treated like battlefield medicine, separate from ourselves. Patch the symptom and then send them back out into the battlefield. It's usually only when illness gets serious, like deathly serious, or suddenly disruptive to normal lifestyle in a way that can no longer be ignored, that people get drawn into the inner work.

The most difficult lesson for both healers and their patients is that the vast majority of the time, we choose our suffering. We choose our poison so that we can evolve our medicine. People REALLY don't want to hear this. The ones that are ready have been dragged through the mud, or are conscious in the first place. Your task as a healer is to hone in on their choice, and figure out if you have their medicine or not.

Realize that being a healer is a major responsibility. It's also a karmic burden to some. I say that not to frighten, but just to caution. If you really advance and start to gain a lot of talent, gift, and attainment, you need to be in your integrity and your morality, or you'll get a karmic infraction for abuse of power. Those who are wide eyed and bushy tailed about healing the world might be coming at it from an egoic place, only to not have the sustaining force to evolve a practice. I have seen so many charlatans or self-deluded "healers" that I consider the world of "healing" to be as dangerous as it is wonderful. If I had been born of lower moral virtue I'd be raking in thousands of dollars weekly on koolaid non-sense but instead I work with very few people, but to a higher degree, in relative obscurity.

A friend came to see me last year talking about the $2,000 energy healing course she took over a weekend and how she had new abilities, and that she was now on course to fixing her longstanding issue. I told her that she had been scammed, but like most people who spend a lot of money on non-sense, they need to believe it's real to justify such an absurd expenditure. Two months later she came back to me complaining that it didn't work after all, and she was so disillusioned with her own path. Finally she asked me for help, like I was her last resort or something. All she needed was a very simple homeopathic that cost $5 and within a couple weeks of taking it, her shadow aspect had been dragged into the light and she had a million times more insight. No accolades or world tours for me though. :)

Or better yet, shit gets real and the egoic ones awaken and become really good healers, beyond what their initial preconception was about. Kind of like how sometimes we bite off more than we can chew in our naivete, and it cracks us wide open. I guess you won't know which you really are until you try.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 5

Great thread Mani, I hope me posting now doesn't spoil your current flow.

Like yourself, many of us deep down are still sceptical; and that is why there are so many different practices, designed to appeal to/crack open different minds/beliefs. The idea is to unshackle the mind from it's beliefs, or tap into those which are well established (like tje Christian faith).

Yes, deep down I am still skeptical, my mind immediately telling me that it is just strange coincidence.  But isn't there a deeper part of you, even below the skepticism, that just knows that you can do it?  that's it's not unattainable at all?  that's what has lead me on.  It is a 'gnowing' that has just been slightly out of reach until recently, maybe the past several years.

I started some years ago just running energy, like the qigong sword fingers, or even the laying on of hands, synchronizing my breath with theirs, emptying my mind, trying to get them to empty theirs.  I found this to work for minor things, aches and pains mostly.  A great pain reliever, especially if Love is in the forefront of the mind when the energy is flowing.  And the energy must be 'allowed' to flow, not 'made' to flow.  Making it flow seems to involve ego and desire.  Allowing the flow is something altogether different.

But this is slightly off track, it's really not what I'm talking about here.  I think most of us know how to allow energy to flow.  Dynamic tweaking takes some figuring and developing very distant vision into another's character.  This I'll write more about tomorrow.

Edited by manitou

Great response, Orion.  It is for this very reason that I don't go out looking to fix anyone any more.  There was a time when the desire was a product of ego.  This has gone now.  I do what is in front of me only, I do not charge anything for it, and I follow the desires of my heart.  If something tells me strongly to do it, I do it.  Many things I let pass by, unless I am asked.  Then I will always try.

Not all are successful if the exact dynamic isn't calculated.  That's what i'll be writing about tomorrow.  How to triangulate and see the dynamic.  This is crucial.

I concur that seeing people as sick or diseased is not all that useful. What is the imbalance? What is the goal? If you look at it like... why did God design this situation for the person, or why did they choose it, or what happened to them that this was their response... things tend to become a lot more clear. I've met imbalanced people who, for various reasons, need to remain imbalanced. Their condition is still useful to them, in some way. They are subconsciously ensuring it happens because probably they are acting out a spiritual lesson that their human level reality has not yet integrated or learned from. It would be unethical (and usually impossible) to disrupt such configurations. Their personality level is saying "Help me!" but their spirit is practically shouting, "Please stay away."

Nicely put.  It becomes a point of identity for them.  These are the ones that you stay away from.  It breeds resentment and aversion in the other, and becomes a co-dependent dynamic in yourself.

Yes it's true, some unwellness is accidental. People who think all unwellness is self-induced (like getting into a car accident, etc.) because every single thing in reality is pre-ordained are just as bad as people who don't see a mind-body connection. Discernment is required across dependent situations. Always.

I differ a little on that statement.  It conflicts with my own understanding that we are the Manifester.  Therefore, everything that is manifested, whether seemingly accidental or medical, is ultimately of our own doing.  this is the basis for this triangulation form of healing.  I say 'triangulation' because figuring out the dynamic always reminds me of a surveyor looking into a surveying lens resting on a tripod; the dynamics can be seen, if you can get your eyes far enough away.

Most serious conditions are trials or wake up calls, at the deepest level. Sometimes you can help guide people through their trials and other times there is absolutely nothing you can do. To know the difference you have to be in good communication with your higher self, otherwise you will just see it as "disease" and not accomplish much. Healing takes place when the lesson is done. Sometimes a pattern sticks around past its expiry date and you can tell the person is so over it. Those people heal immediately, with a little TLC.

Our modern society sees "illness" as inconvenience and it's treated like battlefield medicine, separate from ourselves. Patch the symptom and then send them back out into the battlefield. It's usually only when illness gets serious, like deathly serious, or suddenly disruptive to normal lifestyle in a way that can no longer be ignored, that people get drawn into the inner work.

Agreed.  Nobody goes to all this trouble until their back is up against the wall, IMO.

The most difficult lesson for both healers and their patients is that the vast majority of the time, we choose our suffering. We choose our poison so that we can evolve our medicine. People REALLY don't want to hear this. The ones that are ready have been dragged through the mud, or are conscious in the first place. Your task as a healer is to hone in on their choice, and figure out if you have their medicine or not.

This is perfect, IMO.  We choose our suffering.  The Great Manifester within us all brings us through the maladies and circumstances required to achieve the soul perfection it is yearning for, regardless of how many lifetimes it takes.  The journey is to the light.  Circumstances and sicknesses are the stairway.

Or better yet, shit gets real and the egoic ones awaken and become really good healers, beyond what their initial preconception was about. Kind of like how sometimes we bite off more than we can chew in our naivete, and it cracks us wide open. I guess you won't know which you really are until you try.

Yes.  Until we really try.  This is what takes the courage.  To be unafraid to step out of the mainstream.  Seems like many great healers were not accepted by their family and peers; there is something in people that just can't accept that us people are capable of these things.  Maybe they don't like the idea that someone is capable of something they are not.  But if they only knew that they too are capable and developed a little courage to try that which is mockable and off the beaten path - well, there would be a lot more healing going on.

Wide eyed and bushy tailed I am not.  It's more like a resignation that this is actually working, although my detective's brain tells me that it just doesn't make any sense at all.  I have been the first to write it all off to coincidence, to almost be in denial about it when something actually came together and a healing was performed.  But as I said earlier, there are too many successes piling up.   I'm afraid I have become a believer which, thankfully, only serves to increase the healing capacity; without the doubt.

Very nice post, Orion.  thank you.

Edited by manitou

A technique...

When you see the patient as being sick, your mindset is blocking their healing. Another way of saying this is that you're manifesting their illness.

"Healing" (as differentiated from medical types of healing, which involve alleviating symptoms) is on the level of the soul, which impacts the body. So "healing" at times just benefits them on a deep level while maintaining physical complaints, or sometimes addresses those complaints as well as a byproduct. Whereas medical types of healing primarily address the complaints, but not the soul itself.

Each person has their subjective universe where their perceptions dictate what they think reality is, and when two people meet, those differing perceptions collide and can influence each other to some extent.

Sickness exists because of flawed perception. We think sickness is part of reality, and...so be it.

When you see a person as being sick, in a certain sense it's like you have the perception of their soul as being imperfect. That who they are is diseased. It might be the case that the patient's flawed perception created their illness in the first place, but it's absolutely the case that if you're seeing them as sick, then that's entirely a matter of your own perception.

Not quite getting you here.  You are talking about laissez faire?  Pay no attention to the dualistic malady and let it take its own journey?  Are we wrong to heal another when asked?  Are we interfering in some way with the natural order of things?  These are serious questions, I respect your answers.

Orion wrote

Nobody fixes anybody, and nobody needs fixing. You just hold space, help them to facilitate their process, and offer knowledge and guidance based on whatever modalities you know.

thank you, this is truth as I perceive it now

Not quite getting you here.  You are talking about laissez faire?  Pay no attention to the dualistic malady and let it take its own journey?  Are we wrong to heal another when asked?  Are we interfering in some way with the natural order of things?  These are serious questions, I respect your answers.

No, definitely take action...in changing your perception of that person, from a sick person to a vibrantly healthy person. That provides the option for them to become vibrantly healthy, whereas if you continue to view them as sick only, you're not facilitating healing.

We should always try our best to heal when asked, and I don't believe that sickness is part of the natural order.

• Like 1

Section 6 - Triangulating the dynamics

This is where it's really helpful for the clarity of your own inner work.  There are a couple components to this.

The first dynamic is to figure out what the body is trying to say to the person who needs the healing.  One almost has to put ones' self into the other person's body and listen to it.  We have to look at the disease carefully and figure out what it is shouting out.

My brother, (who will be talked about more at the end of this) recently manifested melanoma skin cancer.  I had to do a little internet research on what melanoma skin cancer was really all about.  His was stage 3B, and that meant that the cancer cells had broken through his layer of skin and had made their way into his blood, in transit to his nodes and organs.

It's at that point, once you really understand the disease, that the triangulation occurs.  You start looking for play on words, for clues, looking at other things that he is manifesting currently in his life.  It all comes together in puns and riddles sometimes.

I was looking at different plays on words re: the cancer breaking through to his blood.  Things like...'Breaking through something?'  'Something getting under his skin?'  Looking at all those little puns.  And then it came to me first thing in the morning when I woke up, it must have worked out in a dream I don't remember.  'Bad Blood'.  

This is the second dynamic of the triangulation.  A strain in his character that is longstanding and a very deep part of him.  This is what he tends to manifest in his relationship with others.  Longstanding bad blood, labeling people as his 'enemies' and then never forgiving them for whatever he perceived that they did to him.    Cancer is a disease that is a result of a longstanding dynamic, it doesn't develop overnight to my knowledge.  I knew immediately that this was the connection.   The cancer cells circulating within his vessels is definitely Bad Blood.  So this is the dynamic that we (Joe and I) had to work with in ceremony.  I will go into the actual ceremony later and how we attempted to reverse the imprint.

Just a word about cancer, as part of the triangulation.  I view a cancer as the body 'eating itself alive'.  If we can find the thing in life that is a longstanding thing 'eating at them', then usually we've found the dynamic to tweak.

I am sorry to say that I didn't tell my brother that we were performing this ceremony.  Some would call this black magic.  I call it love in this particular case, maybe I'm wrong.  I know how he feels about my dabblings in this area - he feels that I am a clown, he has told me so.  I no longer talk to him about these things.

So those two dynamics hook up, and the trick then becomes to join the metaphysical to the physical, bring As Above, So Below into alignment.  And this is where the Mind of a Child becomes important.  That's when the pretend tea party happens.  As I mentioned, I will describe the actual ceremony at the end of this series of posts.

Section 7 - Why ceremony is important

In my experience, it gives a beginning and an end to the intent for healing.  it gives us a window in which to have the pretend tea party.  It aligns and opens the mind of the person being healed, if they are there.  If they are not there (as my brother was not there), the ceremony is used to bring Here and Now together.  I do it with a picture of the person, so my brother was actually at the ceremony, only photographically.  It gives us a Present into which to bring the Past and the Future.  It gives the Kundalini energy a time and place to manifest, which I have seen done (although not in this particular ceremony).  It gives a place to bring any deity you have affinity with to the occasion.  If the person being healed is a Jesus person, or a Buddhist - do have a representation of their deity there, so the strength of their belief can be included in the ceremony - otherwise it will scare them.  My brother has no belief at all in anything of this nature, so I had a statue of a boddhisatva I'm close to, Flower Glow from the Sutras, on the 'altar' (which is actually a cafe table in my gazebo out back)

I like to have Native American music playing at the ceremonies.  Music acts as a transport, brings a certain other-worldliness to the event.

Sage the air around the ceremony first.  Honor the space.  I always draw a circle around the gazebo first with the tip of my ceremonial staff; the space within the space is holy, I ask Flower Glow (or Jesus, if he is represented there, depending on the person's beliefs) for permission to enter the space before I enter.  This is the beginning of making an imprint on the person's mind who is being healed.

I always sing a chant before entering the circle; I walk around the gazebo with my staff and rattle first in one direction; I am chanting as I do this.  Then I change direction and walk around the gazebo the other way, as a representation of the fact that I am reversing a dynamic.  Bringing the metaphysical into the physical.  The mind of a child.  The pretend tea party.

I think that the content of the chant or incantation doesn't matter, it's the intent.  If one even makes up a song or a chant to use in ceremony, this would work as well.  It's all in the mind of the beholder.  We are the Manifester, so is the person being healed.

Edited by manitou

Section 7 - What to have in your medicine bag(s)

These things I put around my neck are representations to me that I am a healer.  They are small tokens of important things that have happened related to healing, or related to an unusual synchronicity.  I'll describe a few.

One small straw bag has my father's dog tags from World War II.  I use this because our relationship was so horrible over the years, and yet we were both able to come together right before he died of a stroke.  This was a huge event in both of our lives, and if that relationship was healed, anything can be healed.  I helped him cross over, gave him permission.  My gratitude for those moments will last forever.  I wear this one under my shirt close to my heart, for my own protection from all this oddness.  Sometimes I will opt to place this around the neck of the person being healed instead - it brings them further into the ceremony, in their own mind.  There is a hawk's feather hanging from the bottom of the bag.  It just brings up a certain feeling or receptiveness to the person's mind, they often get a strange little smile on their lips as I place it around their neck in a ceremonious fashion.

I wear another tiny little leather bag with a long strap around my neck as well.  This one contains a gold earring from my great Aunt Esther, who was the Christian Science practitioner (healer) I spoke of earlier.  She is the one that introduced me to the deep personality dynamics of healing and how to use them when I was real young.  Another thing in that pouch is part of an avocado rind, in which a little mouse I had named Houdini ate a segment of a piece of avocado I had left out for him.  He ate the segment out in the perfect shape of a heart.  This was about 10 years ago, and the segment and the heart remain in my bag.  Unfortunately, Houdini went back on his promise and ultimately did tell all his cousins that I was feeding him in a drawer, so I had to stop the practice.  I'm afraid his whole family came to an unfortunate end, compliments of Joe.  But it was magic while it lasted.

Another thing I keep in there is a little silver bell that an old woman gave to me when I was at a yard sale at the Santa Ynez Mission in California.  The place was jammed, we were walking through the parking lot, and this very old woman came through the crowd, walked right up to me, and said, 'This is for you'.  The bell looked like it had been run over by a car, but I kept it just the same.  It was just a strange event.

Another thing I keep in my bag is a bone carving of a heron, small, maybe 3" tall, that also belonged to my great Aunt Esther, the practitioner.  I keep this because herons have excellent 'vision'.  Have you ever seen one of these birds fish?  they will stare into the water (metaphor:  the subconscious) and find what they are looking for, then stab it with their beaks.  I depend on the heron to help me with seeing into the subconscious and helping me find the dynamic.  In shamanic terms, this would be a power animal.

So, that's the gist of the types of things in the bags.  I have a few other symbolic things I've picked up over the years, having to do with synchronicities, etc - but that's the idea.  It's more for me, as part of the ceremonial process, to change in beingness into a mode of being a healer at the moment.

Edited by manitou

Section 8 - The ceremonies and the ceremonial dynamics

LOL.  First of all, it's not lost on me that this falls under Section 8.  I know it sounds that way anyway.  but I'm going to lay them out here.

First, let me say that I started doing these ceremonies several years ago after reading Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health.  I hadn't been doing ceremony prior to that, only running of energy through my hands for minor aches and pains, things like that.  Sometimes that works out well, sometimes it doesn't - depending, I think, on the mindset of both the person doing the energy run and the person receiving.  If there is too much going on mentally, or too much tension in the body, i think there are blockages.  But after reading Ms. Baker Eddy's incredibly metaphysical healing book, I went over to ceremony, minus the reliance on Jesus.  Actually, there wasn't much Christianity to sidestep in the book anyway, very little mention.  It was mainly metaphysical dynamics, much in the manner of Helena Blavatsky, Manley Hall, or other great metaphysicians.

The first couple times I tried produced no results.  It hadn't occurred to me yet to do the 'pretending aspect, the Mind of a child aspect' yet.  My first exposure was with a little boy named JoJo who had very late stage bone cancer.  I came into the scene very late indeed, probably even too late to do anything even if I knew what I was doing.  I had read about him in the local paper and started sending money monthly to his family to help with medical expenses.  His mom called to introduce herself one day and thank me for the money, and we became friends from that point on.  We did talk about a healing ceremony, and she asked me if I would try one, although she was ultra Christian.  She was desperate.  I did try, using my staff and all the accoutrements, but it was unproductive.  What I did miss during that first ceremony was the fact that the son was taking on his father's excruciating back pain, which I knew nothing about.  It caused his father to keep working in a lumberyard, very heavy labor, and his complaints of pain would come home with him every night.  I think JoJo felt bad because he felt that he was the cause of his father's pain, in that JoJo required so much medical treatment.  I say this only in retrospect.  I really don't think there was any time to change any dynamic at all.

The second time was with a close friend of ours with cancer, named Mo.  It ravaged his entire body.  I knew enough by then to realize that the cancer dynamic that was 'eating him up' was his unwillingness to forgive his wife for a decision she made about how to raise their kids years back.  He put his foot down at the time, said he was going to move out if she didn't do it his way (I can't remember what the family dynamic was that they were at odds about).  At any rate, he did move out, they didn't get divorced but continued to live separately, and spoke to each other very seldom.  He missed his children terribly, but he was too proud to renege on his original statement about moving out.  That lasted for years, and it was during those years that the cancer appeared.  Again, Joe and I tried several ceremonies and Mo always felt better when we laid hands on him, but he too died from the disease.  We came into the game very late on that one as well.

The following ceremonies are the ones that we have had success with, two are still up in the air.  I have mentioned one or two of these on other threads in the past, so please excuse me if this is redundant because you read one of them somewhere else. But I'll reiterate in more detail here.

Lorena's ceremony

The first success we actually had with cancer was with a woman I knew from Alcoholics Anonymous, a very Catholic believer.  Her name was Lorena, and she was 82 years old.  Out of the blue, she developed breast cancer at that very late age, which seemed very odd to me.  I decided to talk to her to see what was going on in her life, I didn't know her all that well, only from the periodic meeting I would see her at.  

The first thing that occurred to me was that breast cancer was most likely a motherhood issue, particularly for it to develop so suddenly in someone of that age.  Motherhood, or something like motherhood, seeing as it developed in the breast.  In talking to her, sure enough, her 56 year old son and his wife had recently moved in with her because he had lost his job.  they had been living with her for several months, were not being terribly kind to her, and were eating her out of house and home.  She was very worried about money and how she was going to support all of them, plus the fact that he had a foul temper and she was walking on eggs around him.  It wasn't a good situation at all.

We gave it some thought, and having recently read Mary Baker Eddy's book, we decided to try and reverse the dynamic.  Lorena was amenable to a ceremony.  I asked her to provide a picture of her son and his wife.  I ran a picture of Jesus off the internet, as I knew that that's where her heart was.  I found a pretty little wooden box and we decided to have Lorena bury the picture of her son and his wife, with Jesus' picture on top of them in the ground.  Joe dug a hole toward the back of her property under a beautiful oak tree with a shovel, as the 82 year old Lorena wouldn't be able to do that.

This was the first time we drew the circle with our staffs and designated a sacred area.  We had Lorena step into 'her' sacred area, and asked her to invite us in, after we circled her and reversed direction..  We had brought a CD player and were playing some Native American music, as a transport.  Joe did much of the ceremony, as it just sort of channeled out of him; something about having her face to the north, to the south, to the east, to the west; he's an Apache man and I don't know if this was something already inside him or not, but it was beautiful.  We all took a drag from a peace pipe we had brought, and we had Lorena hold the box, gaze at the picture of her son and his wife, and ask Jesus to take care of them.  She told Jesus that she was no longer capable of taking care of them.  Tears came to her eyes as she placed the box in the ground and covered it with dirt.

When she straightened back up, she sort of hollered in surprise, said she felt this strange jagged energy running up her legs.  This was the first (and only) time I have actually had the confirmation of kundalini energy coming up out of the ground and attending a ceremony.   But it certainly was a confirmation of the effectiveness of the reversal.  After the jagged energy stopped going up her legs, we concluded the ceremony - can't remember how we did, but it was something simple.  We had her sit down on a nearby bench, she was sort of exhausted after that.  Joe, for some reason, decided to double check the appearance of the kundalini energy, and he circled one of her feet with the strap on the peace pipe.  Sure enough, the kundalini energy started up her leg again.  Double confirmation.

She phoned us a few days after the ceremony, said she'd been to the oncologist, and that the cancer had disappeared.  As this was our first success with anything of this nature, we were dumbfounded.  Our first instinct was to write it off as coincidence, but the appearance of the kundalini energy kept niggling at my brain and I knew that there was something more at work here.

The Mind of the Child aspect of this was in re-enacting the burying of the pictures in the box, along with the picture of Jesus, and have a childlike faith (in her mind) that Jesus was going to take care of them, and that they would be okay without her help.  This seemed to be all it took in this particular case - plus, we were lucky to have caught the cancer in an early stage.

Joshua's ceremony

This one defies belief even more than the above one.  Joshua is a 15 year old boy that we'd never met.  I was taking a belly dance class with his aunt, Chrissy, who turned into a good friend of mine.  She told me about the horrible thing that had happened to her nephew.

Joshua had a dirt bike and was just learning to ride it.  He also had a father that was a very overbearing and macho sort of man.  Joshua's dad insisted that Joshua enter a motocross race in West Virginia, although Joshua didn't feel that he was ready for anything like that.  He pleaded with his dad not to make him enter, but his dad made him enter the race.

During the race, Joshua crashed and burned on his bike.  He landed on his head, and from that point on he was quadriplegic, unable to move anything below the neck.  At the time I heard about this in September, Joshua had been languishing in a full care facility since the accident in May, nearly 5 months.  He was even unable to move his bowels, and his mother would have to digitally stimulate his rectum to get the peristalsis to move the matter down.  It was bad.

I told Chrissy about the one ceremony that Joe and I had done for Lorena, and asked her if she wanted to try one for Joshua.  She immediately said yes, although she never told anyone else, even Joshua or his parents, that we did this ceremony.  They are uber-Christian and would consider something like this devilish, most likely.  I told her to come over to our house on a particular day, and bring a picture of Joshua.

There are two components to this.  One is the physical, where we had to physically bring the electrical energy or qi down his spine and into the limbs.  The other component was the dynamic of resentment that Joshua must certainly have felt for his father after his dad making him enter this race and have this happen as a result.  There was also the dynamic to take into consideration how very guilty his dad must have felt about all this too.  Certainly that must figure into all of it as well.

We did this one in the gazebo out back, a perfect setting for ceremonies.  When Chrissy came over and brought the picture, I taped the picture to the gazebo so we could look at it during the ceremony.  I brought out a floor lamp from inside the house and plugged it in, which symbolized Joshua's body.  The lamp had a large bulb at the top, which had its own switch, and symbolized his working brain.  That light would be on throughout the duration of the ceremony.  The lower aspect of the light, the arms, symbolized Joshua's arms and legs, and they would remain off until such time that Chrissy switched them on.  We used Chrissy as the healer here, because I figured that she is the one with love in her heart for Joshua, and that would only magnify any healing that was going to take place, if any.

First, before the ceremony, I sat down with Chrissy in the gazebo and explained how this would work; that Time and Space were an illusion and that in reality Joshua was right there with us, although miles away.  That we would go back in time and turn on the electricity to his limbs.  That she was to stare at the picture of Joshua and when she felt the love welling in her heart for him, to turn the lower switch on.  In addition to the lamp, I had placed some rice (which conducts electricity because of the silicon) in small cotton wads, one for Chrissy, Joe, and I - and after she turned on the lower lamp, we would physically rub the electricity down from the top of the lamp to the bottom, the feet.  The mind of a Child.  Pretending.

We started the ceremony as usual, with the music and circling the gazebo, pounding our staffs on the ground and jingling the bells.  I had given Chrissy a medicine bag as well, my dad's dog tags.  We reversed direction, talking to 'spirit' and asking for the reversal of the dynamic.  We had Chrissy step into the sacred circle, and she invited us in.  As we had planned, she stared at Joshua's picture, and when she really felt the love in her heart, she turned on the lower part of the lamp.  We followed up with the rice drawing the electrical energy down.  I can't remember how we closed the ceremony, but we did close it in some symbolic fashion.

About 5 days later I got a call from Chrissy who told me that Joshua had started to move his arms, and in fact was just beginning to be able to feed himself.  I gasped at the news, one more time thinking that certainly this had to be coincidence.  No way was this actually working.

I began to get concerned after a few more weeks, when there was no energy getting down into Joshua's legs.  I thought that maybe we needed to do a further ceremony.  I had decided on one particular day to call Chrissy the next day and have her come over again for another one.

This next part is what convinces me that there really is something to this.  That night, before calling Chrissy the next day, I had a dream involving Lance Armstrong.  I'm not a great dreamer, so to have a dream that I can recall and with this much detail is unusual.  I dreamed that Lance was standing at one end of a deep swimming pool with a doctor's bag on the floor next to his feet.  At the other end of the swimming pool was a young girl in a wheelchair, on a diving board.  Her mission was to roll off the end of the diving board into the pool, (in her chair) and swim across the length of the pool to Lance.  (I was seated off to the side of the pool in a chair, I recall, watching this scenario).

She did just that - she rolled off the end of the board and was able to swim about halfway across, just using her arms.  But as she approached Lance, the chair dragged her under the water.  She went down to the bottom.  I recall being horrified in my dream, and I was amazed that Lance didn't do anything to help her.  He just stood there for a moment, then picked up his doctor's bag and walked out of the pool area.  I remember saying something to the person next to me, like 'What an A-hole!', but I immediately corrected myself in my dream and said to myself, 'No!  Maybe that's just what he's supposed to do!'  And sure enough, the little girl bobbed up to the top of the water finally, her wheelchair left on the bottom of the pool.

When I woke up, the dream was vivid, and I didn't see the significance of Lance Armstrong for a few minutes until it hit me like a pile of bricks.  He was a biker, albeit a different kind of bike.  Joshua was a biker.  Of course the dream pertained to Joshua, although I don't know why he came across as a little girl.

I realized that what the dream was telling me, was to Do Nothing.  Don't do the second ceremony.  Let the rest of it work itself out.  Which is exactly what happened.  It turns out that the balance of the healing had to do with the dynamic between Joshua and his dad.  When Joshua regained movement in his arms, his father started massaging his legs with oil every day - his legs, his feet, his back.  He did this fervently for about a month, and then finally, the electricity made its way down to his legs and feet!  It was the very dynamic that caused this problem in the first place that needed to complete the healing of Joshua.  Joshua must certainly have let go of much of his resentment toward his father, and his father no doubt was able to alleviate much of the guilt he felt about how he had made Joshua enter the race.

Joshua is now back to his old self, for about a year now.  With one exception.  He still has a little bit of a frozen grasp in his fingers.  It's difficult for him to pick things up.  What this tells me is that he is still grasping onto a little resentment toward his father for all this.  How could he not, particularly at such a young age?  The last time I saw Chrissy, about a month ago, I told her the significance of the grasp and the non-forgiveness aspect of it, that for full healing the best thing for Joshua to do would be to start praying for his dad.  Not that this would do anything for his dad, but it would soften Joshua's heart toward his dad so his hands would unfreeze.  Since Chrissy hasn't told anyone at all about the healing ceremony, due to their Christian beliefs, I don't know if she's said anything to Joshua about the prayer thing.  I sort of doubt that she has.  Maybe Joshua will have to figure this out on his own.

If that first ceremony didn't convince me that there was something to 'bringing the metaphysical into the physical by pretending like a child', this one sure did.

I have a few more to mention, probably in a couple days.  We're going to Pittsburgh for a few days and I may not finish this up until I get back.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

my healing techniques.

Physical:  Drink tea with heating properties, like lemongrass, make a pot, drink a glass.  Then take a shower at hot as you can stand.  Drink another cup, wrap yourself in a towel.  Go to bed, wrap yourself in the blanket and sweat it out. 

Mind/Body: Meditate or listen to a hypnotic script that puts me under deeply, then while in trance put attention to what's ailing.  Sometimes telling myself Heal, Rejuvenate, Normalize. 

Long term healing: Going through the Wim Hof 10 Week course built up my immunity.  Never got sick despite training in the cold.  I think it boosted my resilience quite a bit . 

• Like 2

Manitou,

I've performed several healings, including of physical ailments.

These are my thoughts about healing and techniques I use:

1. Sickness is an illusion; everyone is already healthy, in actuality. This can sometimes be experienced by saying something like "I acknowledge that this sickness isn't real. And so it is," or, "Thank you God that I'm already perfect and healthy." To perform a healing on another person, you could say, "This sickness isn't real. You know that in your heart. I bless that knowledge of yours now."

2. The illusion of sickness is a "call for love." It means the person needs love and their divine identity. You can often heal people by laying your hand on them and saying something like, "This sickness means you need love. The truth is that you ALREADY have the love you need. You know that in your heart. I bless that knowledge within you." Doing this can heal the sickness because it meets the need that the sickness expressed.

3. UNDERNEATH the illusory sickness is divine love. You can heal people by saying, "Love is the Source of your sickness. I bless that love within you. I set it free."

These are some of the techniques I've used in healing myself and others.

• Like 1

Manitou,

1. Sickness is an illusion; everyone is already healthy, in actuality. This can sometimes be experienced by saying something like "I acknowledge that this sickness isn't real. And so it is," or, "Thank you God that I'm already perfect and healthy." To perform a healing on another person, you could say, "This sickness isn't real. You know that in your heart. I bless that knowledge of yours now."

2. The illusion of sickness is a "call for love." It means the person needs love and their divine identity. You can often heal people by laying your hand on them and saying something like, "This sickness means you need love. The truth is that you ALREADY have the love you need. You know that in your heart. I bless that knowledge within you." Doing this can heal the sickness because it meets the need that the sickness expressed.

3. UNDERNEATH the illusory sickness is divine love. You can heal people by saying, "Love is the Source of your sickness. I bless that love within you. I set it free."

thank you!  This is wonderful, and I'm going to mingle this in at a deeper level.  A call for love - I like that!

• Like 1

my healing techniques.

Physical:  Drink tea with heating properties, like lemongrass, make a pot, drink a glass.  Then take a shower at hot as you can stand.  Drink another cup, wrap yourself in a towel.  Go to bed, wrap yourself in the blanket and sweat it out. 

Mind/Body: Meditate or listen to a hypnotic script that puts me under deeply, then while in trance put attention to what's ailing.  Sometimes telling myself Heal, Rejuvenate, Normalize. 

Long term healing: Going through the Wim Hof 10 Week course built up my immunity.  Never got sick despite training in the cold.  I think it boosted my resilience quite a bit . 

I have tried to triangulate what the body is really saying to get our attention when we manifest a common cold.  This is so elusive.

As the common cold involves mucus (thinking from the inside of the body) what does mucus do?  It serves as a lubricant, or it serves as a protection against infection.

infection equals invasion, metaphysically.  As above, so below.  Is there a possibility that the body is warning of an upcoming 'invasion' of some sort (remembering that all time is Here and Now).  Something coming into our life that it's trying to give us a heads up about?  Something that's already invading us that we're not aware of?  An invasive situation of some sort?

Or, in the lubricant aspect, a cold is an overproduction of mucus.  Is the body trying to tell us that we're overlubricating something in our lives?  Trying to ease a situation that is better off left alone?  Meddling?  Kind of like putting too much oil into a car?  I don't know.

I've given this particular ailment much thought over the past year or so.  I've not seen a solution on the common cold.  Wish I could, maybe it'll come.  Maybe it means different things in different circumstances.  But coming from the perspective that we are The Manifester and we are manifesting our colds, it must mean something - even if we caught it from somebody else.  Surely there's a karmic component to a common cold as well.  It balances out something.

Food for thought.  Nice physical remedy, Lerner!  I've found that just hanging my head over the bed for a few minutes relieves stuffiness that lasts for an hour or so.   The stuffiness magically goes away.  Come to think of it, maybe there's something to that - looking at the world upside down, something like that.  Changing the way we're seeing things, exactly to the opposite.  Doing something opposite to how we're doing it.

• Like 1

Manitou,

I think that sickness is an illusion is a useful mindset to visualize the love concept. But it is a visualization. People say they are sick, because they feel sick. Isn't that what sickness is?

I remember when i used to lift lots of weights and my shoulders used to click. I would visualize them moving through the motion without clicks, while doing the weights. Even though the clicking would continue for several reps, i would hold the visualization strong. Usually within 4 reps the clicking would stop, and so long as i held the visualization strong there would be no more clicking. Continued on over more training sessions the non-clicking would become more solid and physically manifest as no more clicking, without needing to visualize any more. I know it works.

Same as I'm sure many people just forget about an injury and then it goes. If they are always reminded of it, the problem lingers. One major thing in healing is the concept of the viscous circle. The worse it gets, the harder it gets to get rid of the illness - rather common sense. However when you understand how the viscous circle is developing one can stand in and try to slow the circle/loop, and calm the elements contributing to the disease and stop it developing further, and later unwind the disease backwards.

• Like 1

The type of healing most are talking about so far is energy and shamanic healing. I think all types of healing are cool. Having done a lot of healing tao qigong/neigong I understand that the mind is mirrored in the body, and in HT we treat our body to heal the mind / soul and everything else. Therefore i chose to learn a physical healing modality that fits well with what i have practiced. I use energy too, but the energy is used more as information, which then allows me to apply a physical remedy to create balance in tissue tensions within the body, and therefore also creating balance of the energy of the body - love. This physical way appeals to me most.

To me physical healing is like cleaning my house so that it feels comfortable, and it's easy to feel happiness (love) in a clean house. If my house is a mess, and I try to maintain a feeling of love, for me it feels like hard work - constant never ending. If i clean my house (qigong to clean my body) I feel happy until it gets dirty again, then i work to clean it again - also never ending however there are periods of rest in between where the physical holds the energetic in place.

Bowen is my modality, like a very light massage, a bit like accupressure, since most of the moves are over accupressure points, however a directional Bowen move is made across the fibers of a muscle. One direction stimulates the point, the other direction calms the point. Like I learnt in healing tao, there are certain 'weak points' of the body that often cause problems in other parts of the body. Two obvious ones are the jaw and the neck. All the nerves which control the tension of all the muscles in the body travel through the neck, so a problem in the neck can effect anywhere else in the body. For example plantar fasciitis won't always go away fully by treating the foot, treating the neck or jaw is often also necessary.

When we have an ailment, it is usually not in isolation, there is often other lesser problems that we discount as being part of the problem. They all need to be addressed.

When healing I can scan the body using energy, but also lightly with my fingers testing tissue tension in certain areas which are indicative of overall bodily tensions. After assessing these certain areas i am lead to where the tension imbalances are. I can then apply the Bowen moves (a 2 second roll over a muscle) to release the tension. I leave the room for 2 minutes, allow the body to adjust, re-enter the room, reassess the tension and if necessary make additional moves or adjustments. To me it's simple, yet highly effective (around 85%). And what's more, because the moves are minimal they only START the healing process. Often people walk out feeling i've done very little, however they feel achey the next day, and 3 days after the treatment they forget about the ailment and feel fixed. Because Bowen only starts the healing process, the body has to do the rest it's self, the healing holds better. Illnesses lasting years can't be fixed overnight but, 1 year injuries usually are fixed within 3 sessions over 3 weeks, and remain fixed long term, unless physically aggrivated no need to hold ones spirit in a feeling of love, this is done for you by a balanced body. Bowen isn't FIXING the ailment, it's creating the balance to facilitate the body to heal it's self.

Healing myself with energy is sometimes difficult, especially if it is a new problem, because i haven't done it before. However using Bowen i can find the problem, make the moves, feel the changes in my energy, and use my mind to increase the effect. Now my brain knows what to do and often i can get the effects of the Bowen using just my mind. The simplicity of the physical always still comes in handy though.

PROBLEMS WITH HEALING

I think one big problem that has effected my healing in past is using only energetic methods or using only physical methods. Using both methods i can reassure myself that i have correctly found the problem and have effectively treated the problem. Another problem is that of trying to get too complicated in healing the problem. Too analytical, too much TCM theories. Yes they work, but a simple touch, or light stretching of tissues in specific areas gives real time physical - in the now - information to my brain through my fingers. The information is 2-way, for i can make small moves to effect the tissue tension.

The Bowen moves are very simple and can be taught in 2 days to experienced bodyworkers, but I learnt it over a period of a year and feel this gave me alot more skill in using the technique. There are Bowen moves you can learn from youtube and heal yourself and your friends of long term illnesses. The moves are simple, just finding the correct muscles to make the moves over takes some skill. I would recommend anyone to do a search and giving yourself an opportunity to experience some energy shifts created through simple proven physical manipulations. Mind is often a problem with illness, and the answer is often outside the mind, but can be introduced to the mind through the physical. That is true for many healing modalities, even spiritual.

Hope my view helps the thread.

• Like 2

I've had experiences with many different healing modalities and will share my thoughts with them, I will try not to repeat truths already revealed in this thread (we manifest our own problems and have the ability to heal them etc.)

Trager- Trager is a legend of a man who performed all sorts of amazing healings to people long forgotten as paralyzed and quadriplegic. His approach was to always go lighter when you encounter resistance, and to use "hook up" to get in touch with the present moment before ever approaching the body. He really was one of the pioneers of treating the Mind as the source of the problem rather than focusing on the physical.

Receiving Trager for the first time my mind got in the way. It was only due to Spirit (because when I arrived to receive the session the practitioner was searching for keys in a butterfly shaped case) and the symbolism of everything allowing me to enter into that "ceremony" mind that allowed me to let go and surrender to the healing. Otherwise Trager uses gentle movements to give the client the "feeling of lightness" in their body, that is usually long forgotten. This is done by moving the body within its range of motion (not TO the extremes, just where it is comfortable) such that the mind experiences this weightlessness and relaxes patterns of tension held to experience more of it.

The work we do in Stillness-Movement Neigong was powerful enough for me to enter the lineage and work with it every day as my spiritual practice. There isn't much in the way of Ceremony here, but the results are tremendous all the same. Off body projection is what really blew my mind as I felt tangible changes when someone wasn't even "laying on hands." The hands on work we do is Taoism at its finest: We do nothing yet nothing is left undone. This is such a wonderful approach to healing, I am never ceased to be brought joy by holding space for someone and "channeling the universe" as Spotless calls it and such wonderful results manifest. Basically the entire aim of this work is what was mentioned earlier in this thread about "reminding someone of their divine selves" and re-aligning them with their Destiny. Their whole life can change after this work!

Shamanic work has always been the most profound for me. Working with higher level beings called in and all sorts of New Age stuff (this was a remote session by the way!) I was able to release a lot of negative energy patterns and things I had picked up and also understand why they were manifesting to me. Its in describable how light and wonderful I felt after this sessions. I unfortunately have to admit that soon after these sessions I fell back into old patterns but I've been working on the pattern of learning lessons "the hard way" which has always come in the form of wake up calls for me.

This thread has been very helpful for me. You have been words on concepts that I had not yet organized, such as Ceremony and Pretending, and childlike mind. Thank you for all you do manitou! I have been on the edge between how society sees healers/massage therapists (people who fix your problems, etc.) and how I've felt real healing can and does take place (energy work, pattern releasing, shamanic ritual). I feel reinvigorated to continue on this path, especially with the re-confirmation that healers will attract those that they are capable of healing and promoting myself beyond that is not the Way.

Edited by Fate
  • Like 3

I've been chasing this dragon for years - developing the ability to heal others.  If what don Juan Mateus, Castaneda's nagual, says, we also get the benefit of whatever we're able to do for others.

This is such a controversial subject, I know - and there are so many naysayers out there, even on this forum.  I can even be a naysayer to myself - sometimes it seems too hard to believe, that we can actually change the dynamic of any particular malady - and my first reaction, even to my own healing ceremonies, is that 'it's just a coincidence'.

But the successes are starting to pile up, and it's getting harder for me to write this all off to coincidence.

In my particular case, I was exposed to Christian Science by a great aunt who was a healing practitioner when I was a young girl - she would take me to her meetings.  In later life, I read much of what Mary Baker Eddy wrote - her metaphysics are exquisite, although I don't feel the need to use the Nazarene as an intermediary, as she did.  I suspect that by the time she reached the end of her life, she knew that as well, but because her writings and teaching were so well established, they remained intact without the modification of not requiring Jesus as an intermediary.  Just my opinion from reading what she's written.

Her method utilized deep personality dynamics, and it is this modality that we use in ceremony.  To figure out "why someone is manifesting something', and this assumes that we are the Manifester.  Once we can tap into that mindset and use it in ceremony, I am finding that healing does actually occur.

Through the years I have intermingled shamanic ceremony with this metaphysical dynamic.  Not that there is anything magic in shamanic ceremony per se (perhaps there is, but if so, I don't understand it), but we use it as a vehicle in which to couch the metaphysics.  It keeps the mind of the person being healed confused, so that they're not running an internal dialogue of 'this is absolutely ridiculous'.  The drums and rattles work as a transport, and it seems to keep their mind more open, receptive to suggestion and reverse imprint.

What I have done over the years is to try and merge everything I've learned from every tradition and meld it into a garment of my own making.  I believe that I am on to something.

So if anybody would like to share their healing discoveries, the mindsets they use, the methods they use, and the mindset into which they place the person being healed, would you be willing to share it here?  Can we learn from each other, developing and merging our modalities so that they are the most effective they can be?  I know that there are plenty of qigong practitioners here who would have much to add, and might even become even more successful in their own healing practice.

Any interest?

I would be happy to share a few thoughts: 

I discovered that healing is related to opening ourselves to the truth of who we are and what conditions we find in our lives in any given moment. In different phases in our lives there will be different challenges, and as we face those challenges, we will always be in a different place so our needs and capacities will vary.

So much of our lives are wrapped up in our conditioned experience, responses, confusion, and pain. When we try to see what we need or what others need through that pain and conditioning, we get a distorted view. As a result, we may not help, we may not seek the right thing, we may do harm, or what we do may be only temporarily effective. To the extent that we are open and aware, we will have the potential for seeing what is needed in any given moment, whether we are in the role of healer or healed. This is because the openness cannot be conditioned, the awareness cannot be confused. In this open awareness we also see that healing is a mutual interaction based on connection.  In healing, we will be open to being healed. In receiving healing, we will similarly be offering something back that will benefit the healer. 

So for me, the very core of this subject is connecting to the inner nature which is quite simply openness and awareness with which we are all connected. If I am able to connect deeply enough, I can see that all is as it is and it is OK just as it is. In any given moment, life is presenting us with an opportunity to open to all of experience and be aware. The more our conditioning relaxes and dissolves, the less there is to offer resistance. It is the resistance that is the very thing that presents the need for healing. In that awareness and acceptance, there will arise the true knowledge of what needs to change, what is capable of changing, and change will occur.

May we be blessed with the opportunity and intention to help others!

_/\_

• Like 3

Manitou,

This is very Mary Baker Eddy-ish.  Although not a Christian Scientist, I have utmost respect for their healing work.  I wish I had been a little older when my great aunt was alive.

I have a book down in Florida I will be reading this winter, really going into the nuts and bolts of the Christian Science modality. But the 3 points you listed above are the very essence of all of it.  It's how it's put into practice that intrigues me.

• Like 1

I would be happy to share a few thoughts: 

I discovered that healing is related to opening ourselves to the truth of who we are and what conditions we find in our lives in any given moment. In different phases in our lives there will be different challenges, and as we face those challenges, we will always be in a different place so our needs and capacities will vary.

So much of our lives are wrapped up in our conditioned experience, responses, confusion, and pain. When we try to see what we need or what others need through that pain and conditioning, we get a distorted view. As a result, we may not help, we may not seek the right thing, we may do harm, or what we do may be only temporarily effective. To the extent that we are open and aware, we will have the potential for seeing what is needed in any given moment, whether we are in the role of healer or healed. This is because the openness cannot be conditioned, the awareness cannot be confused. In this open awareness we also see that healing is a mutual interaction based on connection.  In healing, we will be open to being healed. In receiving healing, we will similarly be offering something back that will benefit the healer. 

So for me, the very core of this subject is connecting to the inner nature which is quite simply openness and awareness with which we are all connected. If I am able to connect deeply enough, I can see that all is as it is and it is OK just as it is. In any given moment, life is presenting us with an opportunity to open to all of experience and be aware. The more our conditioning relaxes and dissolves, the less there is to offer resistance. It is the resistance that is the very thing that presents the need for healing. In that awareness and acceptance, there will arise the true knowledge of what needs to change, what is capable of changing, and change will occur.

May we be blessed with the opportunity and intention to help others!

_/\_

This is why self-realization is such an important part of healing.  The more self-aware we are as to Who we actually are, and the more we have cleared our inner awareness passageways, the better we become at healing ourselves and others.  Ego is the big one, IMO.  To not be a victim is another big one.  To have a mindset of being a victim and thinking that life is attacking us in some way is to miss the ultimately responsibility for our own lives and our own karmic actions.

Very recently, I've had the opportunity to attempt a healing on another; my brother.

Ceremony for Steve

This was done remotely, as he lives in California.  As I had previously mentioned on another thread, he was recently diagnosed with stage 3b melanoma skin cancer.  Luckily, in this case, the diagnosis was early; the early testing showed that the cancer cells hadn't lodged in any of the nodes or organs yet, that it was still 'in transit' in the blood.  My brother is unaware that this ceremony took place, at least in the beginning.  I did tell him about it later.

Stage 3b melanoma skin cancer means that the spot of cancer has broken through the underlying skin and is now circulating in the body.  It's a serious condition.  I don't know how the conclusion was made, whether by blood test or by some other means.  I know that slides were submitted, so it must have been blood test.  When the diagnosis was first received, he was immediately referred to one of the most foremost experts in melanoma skin cancer in the country, located in Los Angeles.

My first thought, as in all the others, was to try and figure out what the body was trying to say to him.  What the higher self inside of him was trying to bring to his attention.  I tried a combination of words and phrases - something 'getting under his skin' - that didn't quite ring a bell.  I tried a few other twists of phrase, tried aligning the circumstances with what I knew to be going on in his life (I was at a disadvantage because we live so far apart and aren't really that close, emotionally)

I woke up with the answer on my mind first thing next morning.  What the manifestation of the skin breaking and going into the bloodstream meant, was 'Bad Blood'.  This is a recurrent theme in my brother's relationships with others.  He is an unforgiving man, he holds grudges forever.  This tendency has caught up with him, in that the melanoma has caused Bad Blood, i.e. blood that is ridden with cancer cells.  Again, it's necessary to recall that cancer is a long term dynamic, and his unforgiving dynamic has been with him since childhood.  If you cross him, he ignores you forever, it seems.  I've been at the receiving end of that more than once.  So; the first question is always what is the body trying to say?

I tried to figure out a way to counteract this bad blood dynamic with an opposite imprint.  As luck would have it, Joe had placed a bottle of weed killer in the gazebo when he was working in the yard.  That seemed perfect to replicate the cancer in the blood.  I mixed a little weed killer in with a glass of water and set it on the table in the gazebo.  Next to it, I had a glass of clear water with some petals in it (from a Dogwood tree I have named Flower Glow, after my favorite boddhisatva).  during the ceremony, I had pictures of Steve on the table, a garden statue of Flower Glow, a picture of our ancestors (among which was great Aunt Esther, the Christian Science practitioner), and our deceased father and living mother.  This is all done in the awareness that everything is Here and Now, so all entities were present.  I also had a strainer from my kitchen in the gazebo.

The ceremony was like most of the others.  Native American music, circling the gazebo and beating the staff to the beat of the music, sageing the area first, singing a short chant (which is from a native American CD I own which I memorized, I have no idea what it means), lighting candles.  Something to indicate an 'opening' in the fabric of time and space, and something to wind it down afterwards by blowing out the candles, etc.  Walking around the gazebo in one direction, then reversing the direction with intent and stating that intention to the ceremonial entities present.

The dynamic that seemed to be the most important was the concept of straining the blood and removing the cancer cells (weed killer).  I did this with the weed killer water, straining it with the strainer into a bowl.  The child's mind.  I set that bowl off to the side.  (I had also pricked my own finger with a pin and placed a drop in the bad water and the good water first, I neglected to mention, seeing as Steve and I are of the same blood).  This just sort of triangulated the ceremony and brought it all together.  I then placed the good water with the Flower Glow petals to replace the bad blood, right in front of Steve's picture.  I rubbed a little of the water onto his picture, and drank a little of it myself.

We closed down the ceremony with an Aho! after this was all done, thanking all spirits and ancestors present.  We ceremonially walked up to the top of the property and buried the weed killer water in a hole, relegating it back to the Mother.

Again, I wasn't going to mention this to Steve because he thinks I'm nuts anyway.  But I did talk to him a few days later and he was awaiting testing from the specialist, and he did say 'say a chant for me'.  So I did tell him about the ceremony.  He laughed and said 'that would explain why the dandelions in my yard have suddenly died', lol.

I have to tell you that the outcome is magnificent.  The new testing came back, and it has been downgraded from a Stage 3b melanoma (for which he would have required much treatment) to a Stage 1 melanoma (for which no treatment is required at all, just periodic monitoring).  I'm hoping it just goes away with a little more time for the reversed dynamic.

Bad initial diagnosis?  Maybe.

Coincidence?  Maybe

But maybe not.  They're piling up.

I did mention as nicely as possible in an email to him, a few days later, to make sure he kept his relationships open, to make sure there was no bad blood involved, or there was the possibility of reactivating the dynamic.  I explained the dynamic to him and what the body has been trying to say to him.  It's up to him as to whether he wants to give this any credence or not.

• Like 2

This is an interesting topic for me.   And I hope I am forgiven for not reading all the posts :)

I remember my strong pull to heal at an early age and proclaim I wanted to be a doctor... let's pass over the HS scene of abusive tendencies... and get to something rational.   

That tug came again and I found a taiji master and medical qigong master... two of the latter.  but one of them said, "If you want to come to me for healing... then this is the wrong place [physical healing]...  the implication was about karmic healing.

Since then, I have gone to light practices.  The ability to heal has expanded in a sense that I seem to care less about healing but the need of healing seems to now come more.   When it comes, I selectively decide what I will be involved in.  WHat is my basis of choice?  Nothing but a feeling or intuition or sense or agreement. 

Now, I don't get caught up in the outcome but the process to reside with another... be with their need of healing... even prepare them for the final outcome.  

Which is harder?   

1) The gravity that you should heal

2) The full understanding and acceptance of the issue which necessitates the need for healing which cannot be realized

If a healer cannot heal... should they just give up?  If so, what was the goal?

Healing is maybe the wrong word but the one we use to remedy this local body existence from suffer and disease and death.

Healing is not just being confirmed... nor aligned with an idea... healing is an acceptance of the outcome.

• Like 1