Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Cutting away all BS

Well... the conversation about David Shen, his masters and what they have to offer made me realize what I believe is important at the present for me. I'm kind of sick of sensationalizm, "spiritualized" entertainment or any method that supposed to be "better", "faster" or "the origin of all things". I realized my mind searches for "more" while all the tools are right there and just need to be implemented daily.

I realized I need to spend more time on training, and also read Diamond sutra and Complete Enlightment sutra to keep me focused. So until I reach a personal goal of 5 hours of training with 3 of them being Vipassana, I'm not coming back here.

Love you all, :)

Max

Cool we can go on posting sabbatical together!!

-Technically not a post just saying goodbye to Brother Maxim-

Well... the conversation about David Shen, his masters and what they have to offer made me realize what I believe is important at the present for me. I'm kind of sick of sensationalizm, "spiritualized" entertainment or any method that supposed to be "better", "faster" or "the origin of all things". I realized my mind searches for "more" while all the tools are right there and just need to be implemented daily.

I realized I need to spend more time on training, and also read Diamond sutra and Complete Enlightment sutra to keep me focused. So until I reach a personal goal of 5 hours of training with 3 of them being Vipassana, I'm not coming back here.

Max

5 hours? You must be single! :lol:

Max

peace, dude...I enjoy your postings.

Keep Smiling Max :D I love your posts too.

? Can anyone tell me how to find the post smile made about time in a thread at the start of november (I think) Been trying to look through the threads but I can't remember which one and I'm not having much luck searching

Cudos to you for your commitment. In case you peak, I just thought I'd throw out there that you can post and read stuff here and practice at the same time. It ain't easy but it's possible.

:)

Good luck to you. A sincere heart moves mountains.

Five hours a day is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there B)

Michael

I hope this works out for you. But the DSV thread shouldn't be the source of anything other than a laugh...

Still- after all the great entries you have made and shared here I do hope that yr retreat is quick and painless.

Retreat is a dangerous time and yr actions must be done with great caution so as not to allow yr weaknesses to be taken advantage of... then it becomes a time of amassing great strength and the resources you gather will be of utmost use to you in the future...-

Peace- Pat

Interesting...

The taobums turned into a kunlun support forum.

One of the major obstacles people face is they don't practice enough. If a certain practice can inspire them to spend more time on their spiritual cultivation, that's a very good thing. It is, however, necessary to cultivate our mind as the main part, for you will end up jumping from one "practice of the month" to the next. Consistency is very important in our growth. And so is being kind to others and their feelings. Everything else will fall into its own rightful place.

We don't have to reinvent the wheel. Follow the footsteps of the masters who valued doing meritorious deeds and practicing meditation and discipline, and you will succeed. No doubts. But still, for a modern man, amazingly it's almost an impossible path.

M.

Sign in to follow this