Sign in to follow this  
Yinja

Is there a need for company?

My partner wants to know whether or not one can be "happy" (lets call it the absence of discomfort/suffering?) without having other human beings in your life. 

What is our need of company after being awakened and before? 

Thanks again wise bums 

Yinja.

Well.. after the realization that youre it and there is nothing to seek for or change. 

The company of others acts as a mirror in which one may reflect upon oneself.

• Like 1

[...]

[...]

After realization

[...]after the realization that youre it [...] there is nothing to seek for or change. 

Before realization

one cannot be happy without having other human beings in his life.

---

Btw, I don't think that it's wise to postulate the existence of a bizarre condition (enlightenment) and then try to theorize what that condition would logically imply.

Better to face the truth.

tumblr_luo25sxgzi1qdyb9oo1_4002.png

Perhaps it depends on how broadly one defines need, and if one can find happiness in contentment?

Edited by maheosphet

[...]after the realization that youre it [...] there is nothing to seek for or change.  Hehe i saw it coming. 

I wasnt sure if my question is legit but i thought that some of the people here dwelled in that bizzare condition(or somewhere close to it) long enough to suggest thier opinion perhaps?  

Edited by Yinja

Wonderful question  :)

I'd like to suggest that one who is free of neurosis (which is basically what an enlightened mind is) ought to be okay in or away from all forms of interactions, human or otherwise. However, before this freedom has been permanently established, it is possible to take advantage of such interactions to hasten the process. Those who can support this process can be spiritual friends and wise mentors, or even 'enemies', those who push one's buttons... maybe even more precious as they are able to reveal the state of one's inner being rather quickly, more so than buddhas even. 

• Like 1

While certain realizations may make us more self-reliant, they don't completely change what we are. Some of us are natural loners, for others, having companions is crucial. It's mostly a question of what type you belong to, I would say.

[...]after the realization that youre it [...] there is nothing to seek for or change.  Hehe i saw it coming. 

I wasnt sure if my question is legit but i thought that some of the people here dwelled in that bizzare condition(or somewhere close to it) long enough to suggest thier opinion perhaps?  

According to the tradition, one of the marks of an enlightened being is a sheathed penis. Isn't that bizarre ?

To roam the story is to become one with it because faith is the richness of love, and of us.

Where there is dogma, non-local awakening cannot thrive.

Awakening is calling to you via electromagnetic forces. Can you hear it? How should you navigate this non-local universe? Although you may not realize it, you are high-frequency.

By maturing, we're living the stratosphere which is beaming with sub-atomic particles.

This life is nothing short of a maturing vision of spiritual intuition.

My point is that you may be ruled by illusion without realizing it: do not let it disrupt the healing of your mission.

Without truth, one cannot self-actualize because delusion is the antithesis of understanding.

Try to imagine a redefining of what could be.

Eons from now, we pilgrims will believe like never before as we are aligned by the enlightened matrix... and the galaxy is approaching a tipping point.

Have you found your awakeing quest? Yinja, look within and strengthen yourself: if you have never experienced this rekindling through non-local awakenings, it can be difficult to dream.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

Your social sphere will shift as you climb up the ladder of gnosis, whether you maintain a large or non-existent social life is a matter of personal preference. I have very few close friends and am quite happy.....even blissful one might say. :) 

To continue on the non-neurosis enlightened train of thought-

an awakened mind is ok with what is

all this talk of what if or needs doesn't seem to fit

What you need is right in front of you

• Like 1

There is a certain level of anxiety hardwired into our genetics which makes solitude and isolation very difficult, probably going back to the times when being thrown out of your tribe meant almost certain death. Overcoming that anxiety is incredibly difficult even if you are awake or highly realised, your conditioning and genetics encoded into the human body still come into play.

• Like 3

My partner wants to know whether or not one can be "happy" (lets call it the absence of discomfort/suffering?) without having other human beings in your life.

Thanks again wise bums

Yinja.

I think there is little value in wondering about our needs in some imagined state, particularly one as ambiguous as awakening. When that state is achieved, you will know. If not achieved, what does it matter? Others' answers won't necessarily be true for you anyway. Much better in my view for you to ask, what need is there for company in my present condition in this very moment?
  • Like 1

R.T. state of mind right now concerning company and no company:

when "they" don't piss me off I am happy in their company, when they piss me off I dream of seclusion an dmountain retreat

when I am finally in seclusion (probably because "they" pissed me off) I wish for them to return very badly

--- thats is why for now, I try to be Ok and at ease with "them" and not go into seclusion too much, first get some real - actual renunciation (which in tibetan means nge byung - would translate more as "the dawn of certainty", meaning you understand with certainty that there is really nothing in samsara that could give you the happiness we all seek)

don't have too much of that precious renunciation stuff around - can't buy it in a bookshop either.... hence I am roaming around TTB and enjoy my own sophistry about what is the buddha dharma, how it looks and feels, why it is so precious etc. etc.

I pray that the true renunciation is born in my being and in the being of all beings

Edited by RigdzinTrinley

Thanks again wise bums

Yinja.

Immediately after Awakening and for a fair amount of time no company is "needed" nor is most company "wanted" - at least not company that talks. And the other forms of human noise (humans for some time are very noisy - all wrapped up in pasts and futures and fuss) such as media - you can pick up the media one day - skip it for 5 months and the buzz is the same - the stories the same the strife the same the killing the same. It is not some jaded view - it is now a foreign buzz which we are not a part of anymore - it is a buzz that does not exist in its sense, its insistence. It is a buzz that can stir remaining residual parts of what has to a great extent fallen away - and if you imbibe again in it and allow positions and polarities again to form - suddenly you are back in the sleep walking.

You will have some positions and polarities - but you don't reside in them - and dependent upon your various understandings - you will find them dissipating as you go along either proactively or in the course of unfolding. Or you may stick with certain shortcomings and simply stay there without regressing. In other words - Awakening is a first step - gigantic - but it is certainly not the end all with the exception that you are no longer seeking and a thousand veils have fallen away.

You will still have buttons and anger will come and go - but it is very very very different - it is not associated with - it happens but has no grip. An "anger" can arise and fall away in minutes and be completely gone - without the added mind looping and positioning and justifications - and you can watch it and go "wow".

If you continue practice you can proactively continue to work on removing residual patterning - at a much greater scale than before.

Entire sections of hate toward someone or victim hood towards some event(s) can vanish here and there - often you do not know they have vanished and then something comes up that reminds you of them and there is nothing - no anger, no victim and very possibly the complete opposite - complete clarity and love.

For some time one is acclimating to the very sudden change - it can be for some to sudden and too drastic and too quiet - it can be an uneasy transition from mind to intuition - from the illusion of control to flow. An odd free fall of sorts - with an odd OKness - but the OKness is very very strong - also translated as bliss on many levels. This OKness pervades because we are no longer in futures and pasts and it is necessary to be at peace with this for a good amount of time or we will revert and residuals stir and we go back to the sleeping comfort of position and restraint (restraint from the inertia of our positions).

Then as "time has passed" our way begins to comes to us and slowly we feel our way in this "new" Awakened and ever enlightening life. And certain portions of us which are deeply our true USness emerge and or re-emerge - such as if we were always good as a writer - we may again find writing. If we were adept at music we may find music emerging. The spectrum that we emit from the light flowing through us still reflects a certain USness - one tilted toward humor will still be tilted there - one somewhat harsh will still have some harshness - the very friendly types will still be very friendly and the somewhat closed and soft spoken will still be somewhat closed and soft spoken.

Those fairly heady types will remain somewhat heady and those fairly heart based will remain somewhat heart based and those that have been very physically oriented will remain as such - but generally very much expanded/expanding.

Relationships with other people change for the most part completely - they are asleep - radically asleep - dedicated to sleep - fortifying their beds in nearly every moment. So it is easy to be alone for a number of reasons - for one thing - upon Awakening the illusion that one is alone is dispelled - one is never alone - but the noise is gone - the notion that one is one is gone - replaced by an awareness that we are all - that we is one.

Our relationship with others is completely changed - and in the beginning it is a stretch - we are full of light and stillness and can no more relate what is going on to our best of friends than the man in the moon. We can come into a place like this right here and it is not possible to find words - we have not exercised the capacity to talk about what has happened - and we also encounter hostility that is both understandable and yet so walled off - so drenched in position. It is disheartening to realize how hardened and dedicated we once were and how difficult it is to convey this light - and it is also raging clear how utterly far off we were in understanding what was trying to be conveyed by the great Enlightening Beings prior to Awakening - we had such perfect rigid ideas and notions - such absurdly stiff platitudes - such implausible concoctions and requirements.

In Unity consciousness - the rug is alive - a plastic plant is alive - and tears flow for no reason what so ever but pure gratitude - gratitude not to something or for someone or thing - just overwhelming gratitude - a heart expanding in light.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Every coin (perspective) has two sides...we need and benefit from being around others, but we also become worse in some ways and at times need solitude away from them. "Hell is other people", it was once said. Hermits might become really kind and nice to visitors, whereas city people who are constantly around others might become jaded and behave like jerks.

But loneliness is real, and our health suffers without friendship, family, and romance. A true friend lightens our heart. Seeing family after being away for a long time reminds us of our true nature, of our home and the innocence of childhood. If we need help in life, they're there for us. Romance helps us grow, and also helps us lose ourselves, and become something greater.

It's possible to live without any other people around, but it's not desired. Life itself is a challenge, as are other people...so it's in line with the way of life to be around others.

Forget the word awakened.

What is your true nature?

Being realized doesn't make you separate from the world, or above it. It makes you exactly who you are, at your core, free of competing egos and delusions.

If your true nature is extroverted, then so be it. After all, we have realized people leading large groups of people and we have realized people living in isolation for decades.

It takes all kinds.

• Like 1

I think there is little value in wondering about our needs in some imagined state, particularly one as ambiguous as awakening. When that state is achieved, you will know. If not achieved, what does it matter? Others' answers won't necessarily be true for you anyway. Much better in my view for you to ask, what need is there for company in my present condition in this very moment?

Boom.

Sign in to follow this