TheSunTheMoonTheStars

Observations on Invisibility for Self Defense

Got the answer I was looking for ralis. I had 13 topics on the Newcomer location going, and it created extra pages. I didn't know :huh:  The answer to this problem is to create a Jim D. topic calling it the Jim D. thread. This is where I can put all future topics and interests. And if anybody is interested in me and what I am interested in, they can click and view.

I then need to find more appropriate sites and fit my interests and comments in those sites.

Well there you have it. Problem solved, and I am off the radar. Oh, I now have my own PPD in a sub forum :)  Niiiice!

JD

I have caught more flak on here from people who don't have a clue as to what 'The Joker' archetype stands for. It is very ancient.

Heath Ledger's role as the Joker was one of the great roles ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8f_mE7Zc5w

Maybe your appliction of the archetype isnt a striking a chord to the general audience, because the Joker is actually not in tune with the archetype as humanity holds the archetype to be. Hes a hideous psychopath, not the joker archetype.
  • Like 1

Maybe your appliction of the archetype isnt a striking a chord to the general audience, because the Joker is actually not in tune with the archetype as humanity holds the archetype to be. Hes a hideous psychopath, not the joker archetype.

I guess you failed to understand the movie. Your conclusion is on the surface as opposed to carefully understanding the deeper meaning 'The Joker' signifies.

• Like 1

O.K. ralis, please explain the deeper meaning 'The Joker' signifies. It is way over my head. I think 'The Joker' was the Devil incarnate. But now that I think of it, something on the inside is telling he was a reflection of some other character in the movie. 'The Joker' could have been the worst in us that is potentially there. somethng else that comes to me is he could have been the antithesis...or anti-Christ. I don't know. It's been a while since I have seen the movie.

O.K. ralis, please explain the deeper meaning 'The Joker' signifies. It is way over my head. I think 'The Joker' was the Devil incarnate. But now that I think of it, something on the inside is telling he was a reflection of some other character in the movie. 'The Joker' could have been the worst in us that is potentially there. somethng else that comes to me is he could have been the antithesis...or anti-Christ. I don't know. It's been a while since I have seen the movie.

The devil and anti Christ? You believe in that myth? I certainly don't. Go back and carefully watch the movie and compare and contrast the Batman character with the Joker character.

• Like 1

No, ralis. I don't beleive in those myths. But the director might have. I don't have T.V. any more. Too expensive and not interesting enough to continue. I rely on Youtube and I don't Stream.

So, I need for you to tell me from your point of view what the Joker signifies for you. Thanks.

JD

Anyways, if you would be interested in learning how to practice this technique, send me a private message.  Because this technique can be used for either self defense or for negative purposes I won't post the details of the method in a public forum.

~~~ ADMIN WARNING ~~~

And please don't ask members to pay for the technique.   I have already received one message concerning you doing so.

Edited to clarify:  It would of been better if it was made clear in the thread that you would be providing the technique for pay.   Many years ago we had one bad case of a scammer selling something on here.  So we're sensitive to this sort of thing.   We just tend to frown on someone new coming here trying to sell something.

• Like 5

Ralis, I think that when I said that on the inside I judge Joker was a reflection of one other character in the movie, I was on to something  And that Joker could have been the worst in us or the antithesis meaning the exact opposite of something or someone.  Your challenging on the anti-Christ I understand. But not pointing out that I was on the right road with the first assumption, I don't.

Well anyway, the following is a result of my research. So, it is someone else's idea not mine. This is how this person relates to Batman and Joker:

Appolonian Dichotomoy - order,law, order, beauty, reason

Dionysian Dichotomy - hedonistic, primal

My assumption - Ying/Yang - complimentary

Thank you for the teachable moment! <_<

Edited by Jim D.

The Joker in the Batman stories is close to the trickster archetype. Yes, he is challenging the established order. What distinguishes the Joker from many (not all) other fictional 'trickster' characters is that he is very evil. Is this to trick the kids into thinking that being at odds with the established order equals being evil? Then again, Batman is a maverick too (much more obviously in the movies then in the comic books).

• Like 1

dawei,

I've updated the original post to reflect that this material is for sale. 

Also, if a member is naive enough to put a psychotic killer as their profile pic you couldn't pay me enough to disclose information to them.  I really see no merit in spamming this topic with how people don't "get" the Joker from Batman.  And if you think this is a scam, great you'd have your say so move onto to some other topic.

See the admin waring regarding not selling this technique.

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41318-observations-on-invisibility-for-self-defense/page-4#entry694652

You fail to understand the Joker archetype which is not a real person in a movie, but a metaphor/archetype. Talk about naive! Furthermore, unlike the teachers that come on here that identify themselves in an honest manner, you continue to hide behind the scenes and expect persons not to question as to what your motives are.  That raises a great deal of suspicion. Why not identify yourself and what you are really selling.

• Like 1

I guess the OP is a superpsychic and is monitoring all of the minds participating in this thread.

If you have a criminal history, plan to publicly disclose how the technique is performed, or intend to abuse this information I'm going to know about it whether or not I have your full name or picture of your face.

• Like 2

dawei,

I've updated the original post to reflect that this material is for sale.

Also, if a member is naive enough to put a psychotic killer as their profile pic you couldn't pay me enough to disclose information to them. I really see no merit in spamming this topic with how people don't "get" the Joker from Batman. And if you think this is a scam, great you'd have your say so move onto to some other topic.

Unfortunately for you, you're on a forum for spiritual cultivators. REAL cultivators have a high level of perspicacity and are not pushovers. True spiritual growth does that. If they think they're being scammed they're not going to "move on", they're likely to press you until you prove you're legit or until you move on.

• Like 2

The OP has an unfriendly edge as opposed to any number of teachers here that have been extremely helpful over the years.

E.g. Terry Dunn aka Zen-Bear and the Flying Phoenix thread that covers well over 100 pages of open help and discussion regarding his teachings.   http://www.taichimania.com/

WBBM has a very nice site and has been on here frequently. He has YouTube videos of his demonstrations.

http://www.warriorbodybuddhamind.com/wbbm/

Jenny Lamb  http://www.easterninternalarts.org/

Michael Lomax    http://www.qigongamerica.com/

My point is and there are many others here that are in agreement with me in that the above persons are well known here and will answer questions and be extremely helpful to anyone here. However, you are not.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

Unfortunately for you, you're on a forum for spiritual cultivators. REAL cultivators have a high level of perspicacity and are not pushovers. True spiritual growth does that. If they think they're being scammed they're not going to "move on", they're likely to press you until you prove you're legit or until you move on.

Very well said!

• Like 1

It is quite the blessing that we have those who are both skilled teachers and compassionate, patient communicators here among us. It is not easy to do what they do.

I imagine there are many teachers who are not adequately socialized enough to avoid traps commonly found in internet forums. Just because they choose not to defend themselves against attacks from those who they have little interest in interacting with, does not make the naysayers correct automatically.

In my message to our OP, I let him know that much of the reaction here has come from the offer with a hidden price. Many are attracted to the idea of something for nothing - especially on the internet - and are often quick to pass judgment given just a little information. It may have yielded better results to put this in our Upcoming Events subforum, where it is more common for people to post about classes that have associated costs, and where those looking for something for nothing won't have much good reason to get involved.

• Like 1

LOL@ your post!

Unbelievable promises and claims without the presentation of any evidence whatsoever,

a guy who asks for personal details without presenting his own,

but of course poses as an established practitioner anyway,

these are the points here which scream "Scam!".

And not that he didn't immedeately say that he wants money for his "product".

Thank you for the laughs!

Yes, it was presented in the manner you describe.

Scammer or not, I think he got the message by now.

Humility can go a long way, however. Like here, what I've seen of your nature makes me doubtful you will understand this concept, but who am I to pass presumption upon what you know or do not know? I've even seen you change.

There are those who are the real deal, and who knowingly say something that will lead to much surface level slandering. What a great way this is to weed a garden. I've seen this happen, deliberately or not I do not know. A reputation precedes, and those who listen to reputations laugh and look elsewhere. And those who listen deeper form their opinions after being drawn deeper. From what I've seen, those who stick around have received quite the reward.

Again, in this case I have no idea, and don't have $700 so am not really interested, nor did I ever get excited about anything but the chance for a rewarding exchange, which I found quite readily. Still enjoying this exchange too, though some seem rather stuck like gawkers around the stocks. LOL. We're all one, yo.

• Like 1

Thank you for the laughs!

Yes, it was presented in the manner you describe.

Scammer or not, I think he got the message by now.

Humility can go a long way, however. Like here, what I've seen of your nature makes me doubtful you will understand this concept, but who am I to pass presumption upon what you know or do not know? I've even seen you change.

There are those who are the real deal, and who knowingly say something that will lead to much surface level slandering. What a great way this is to weed a garden. I've seen this happen, deliberately or not I do not know. A reputation precedes, and those who listen to reputations laugh and look elsewhere. And those who listen deeper form their opinions after being drawn deeper. From what I've seen, those who stick around have received quite the reward.

Again, in this case I have no idea, and don't have $700 so am not really interested, nor did I ever get excited about anything but the chance for a rewarding exchange, which I found quite readily. Still enjoying this exchange too, though some seem rather stuck like gawkers around the stocks. LOL. We're all one, yo.

You are aware from a previous post of mine that he asked for information so that he could conduct a 'criminal background check'. That was a big red flag for me and his request was way out of line for a so called advanced Qigong technique.

• Like 1

TheSunTheMoonTheStars asks for $700 if you contact him privately to find out more about this invisibility technique.

Consider the OP to be vague solicitation.

Always nice to have one's suspicions confirmed.

Edited by Orion

TheSunTheMoonTheStars asks for $700 if you contact him privately to find out more about this invisibility technique.

Consider the OP to be vague solicitation.

Always nice to have one's suspicions confirmed.

Vague is correct! My agenda is to warn others not to give out personal info to anyone online. Especially, in this kind of situation.

• Like 3

Maybe the invisibility technique, is to keep your personal life private , from scammers. 

• Like 3

Keeping one's mouth shut more often helps too.  I'm not suggesting I have over-come that though.

Stop making me laugh, they're starting to notice me!

• Like 1