TheSunTheMoonTheStars

Observations on Invisibility for Self Defense

I worked in a female "Max Joint"  for 10 years as an adjunct lecturer at the University and Junior College level. My comment about your "invisibility" is someone was probably standing in front of you when you went through your debriefing. Believe me, the "white shirt" saw you. Regardig passing inmates, if you don't acknowledge them, they don't acknowledge you.

If you weren't there for roll call, even for a minute, you would have been written up!

JD

Dear Jim,

You sound like the kind of  person who thinks that Carlos Castaneda was making stuff up, or that the yogis who achieved the superhuman powers were hallucinating. 

This response is for other people reading this post.

Any real advancement in the martial arts requires being skilled in observation and detecting and understanding subtle phenomenon, and there are many people in the West who will deny to no end the existence of "chi" and they could even say that qi gong practitioners are fooling themselves.    

Let's just say that "chi" is invisible to them

Edited by TheSunTheMoonTheStars
  • Like 2

I heard from a reliable source of a somebody successfully walking away from a mass execution in WWII Germany. The person didn't run, just calmly walked off as if to express: " I don't wanna be part of this; count me out", and was gone before anybody realized what had just happened.

• Like 1

I was standing in formation in Company C Fort Polk, Louisiana. It was boot camp. I was somewhere in the back, and at the end to the extreme right. I had a strong, very strong desire to call my parents because I was so home sick, and sick of the Army's breaking me down to nothing. Walking away would have brought swift retribution, and it wouldn't have been pretty. This was during the Vietnam Conflict. I was in between 66' - 68'. I had experienced the DI's relentless emotional abuse, sometimes traumatic. So, in the moment, I broke away from formation as if I had somewhere to go. That is probably what the DI's thought. I would like to tell myself that I was invisible...but there is nothing magical about it. Everybody's attention was forward and the DI's attention was on us. I would have to say that they thought I had permission to break ranks, and that was that...nothing more.

Believe me, I felt dissociated from it all...sureal...but the phone call I made was real, and the voices I heard were real. And coming back to ranks was real. The guy next to me acknowledged me. Life went on.

I too am a martial artist, and lethal. Been studying since 2003: Win Chun, Arnis, Karambit, Small Circle Jutjitsu, Classical Wu Tai Chi, Iaido, and some Karate especially hand conditioning. I am well aware of "Chi."

As a Practioner of the Healing Arts, Chi is nothing more than the action potential of neurons...electrical trasmission...we need it to carry nutrients to our cells, especially the brain. There is nothing magical about it. Those that say that have a special talent are magicians.

I still say you were in the debriefing, and the "White Shirt saw you." We can dispense with this all by your asking the "White Shirt" if he put you down as present. Pull the attendance sheet for that morning,or whenever you pulled your shift for the day.

But if you believe that you are on to something, bless you. I will take what I want and leave the rest.

JD

JD

I think invisibility is related to the principles of shen, or spirituality.

The mind is like a mirror, and these days the norm is for the mirror to show us the discomforts and imbalances of our heart and organs, as they process what we feed them (as food and from our surroundings), and we process these signals to such an extent that the mirror becomes clouded and full of instructions and processes that are related to our ego. Much like writing on a window with a marker, and so obscuring the view to the point where one forgets it was possible to even peer out of.

When the mirror is wiped clean, when the organ energies are at peace, I believe we begin to detect the subtle shapings of shen, or spiritual energy, within us, and when we open our third eye, outside of us. Then I imagine there is much to behold, that was previously invisible. Our metabolism of shen between us and our environment, that is always present, yet always unseen. The spiritual entities that have been attracted to our energy, our spirit guides. Energetic bonds between us and our environs. How and where our energy is whole and/or leaking, or where we hold it, if not within our body. At least these are my musings.

As we begin to work with shen, to cultivate and infuse ourselves with this energy, we may very well become invisible to others. In that our field, which is so full of shen, which they cannot perceive, blinds them to the rest of us, much like a cloak of invisibility. We are there, and we interact with them, but the part of them that is holding the strings is unaware. Perhaps we are present and clock in, and their sovereign mind does not see us, but their spirit does, so they do not become aware that we are missing and do not punish us. Or perhaps we do something we "aren't allowed to do" but remain within spiritual harmony, causes no dissonance, no rippling, and our stepping out is not punished. For the laws of man are artificial, and what is contrived is ever subordinant to what is primordial.

And beyond this, there is emptiness. This emptiness is rich and full, for it is where all things emerge from. Its workings are even more mysterious than invisibility, for it is again more primordial than shen. Who can say how and where it will unfold but one who is completely merged within that process? Even one with spiritual sight cannot see beyond the present shapings in front of them.

Zhuangzi speaks to this theme, which is also related to the eight extraordinary vessels, something deeply related to the workings of the energy body and alchemical vessel.

• Like 1

As a Practioner of the Healing Arts, Chi is nothing more than the action potential of neurons...electrical trasmission...we need it to carry nutrients to our cells, especially the brain. There is nothing magical about it. Those that say that have a special talent are magicians.

Well Jim D., if nothing else you are a Jim Dandy reductionist, but are you really a critical thinker? A question perhaps too large and unwieldy to answer here, so I will address some other ones now.

About your dismissal of “chi” or qi as a “vitalist” bio-energy, as it is usually thought of around here, you are probably wrong, but I will postpone a consideration of that until I have discussed where you are definitely wrong and that is of qi as fundamental substance.

Discussing qi and its cross cultural equivalents I posted this a while back:

a more common one, at least in the Western Europe would be the Latin "spiritus", spirit. This covers traditional names for qi as "vital force", beginning in the late Eighteenth Century we can find the idea reappearing as the "animal magnetism" of Mesmer, in the Nineteenth, as the "odic force" of von Reichenbach, and in the Twentieth Century as the "orgone" of Wilhelm Reich, in short "vital force" is a concept that simply will not "die".

However there is also a larger sense of qi as "substance" in the the Chinese lǐ/qì (理氣, Principle/"matter-energy") tradition which is very similar to Aristotle and this connection is something very useful to keep in mind for East/West comparison, as I have mentioned here:

While these are references to Aristotle's hylomorphism (Substance/form), the Chinese lǐ/qì (理氣, Principle/"matter-energy") cosmology that dates back at least to Hafeizi, who in turn credited it to his study of the Dao De Jing, is a close enough "twin" to Aristotle that a study of Aristotle is useful.

Call it what you want qi or spirit, the Chinese have long considered that all of creation is a condensation or refinement of one substance, what Aristotle would call "prime matter", in Greek hyle. But without the differentiation provided by "principle", in Aristotle "morphe" in Plato "idos", there would be no difference between heart and liver. Thus the importance of principle or form . . .

(Emphasis added, ZYD)

The closest modern conception to qi in this sense of “primary substance” would be the “energy of the vacuum”, though I personally like to think of it as a four dimensional “substance” that underlies Space/Time, Matter/Energy and to extend it to a biological context Consciousness/Body. This is based on simple Special Relativity and doesn't even involve us with “quantum weirdness”, but when you throw that in, the type of reduction which you are making becomes even more difficult. This is why I say that your dismissal of qi as bio-energy is only probably wrong, because outside of the interpretation of qi as primordial substance, which would of course include the brain/neuron structure that you are considering, there is a great deal of room for phenomena that are “not dreamt of in your philosophy”.

I can understand this reductionism, it reminds me of myself before I did about a decade of study into the history and philosophy of science in an effort to find a model that could reconcile my mystical and scientific tendencies. That model was to emerge from my study of Classical Philosophy and particularly Platonism.

Now this is a long enough post anyway and so I am going to close it with some recommended reading, first about Quantum Mechanics and consciousness, and then about neurology and “magic”.

I started reading Henry Stapp circa 2000 and found his ideas very suggestive, while this book:

Mindful Universe; Quantum Mechanics and the Participating Observer

disappointed me because it broke no new ground in Stapp's interpretation, it is still an excellent one volume introduction to his thinking, however, I really loved this book:

If you would like a really interesting read try:

Physics in Mind, Werner R. Lowenstein

Two separate links above by the way. Here you can read about information arrows, quantum sensation and about how Maxwell's demon found work designing quantum molecules, that cleverly exploit the relationship between entropy and information, which Lowenstein calls 'Demon Molecules'. I always knew there was a place for him somewhere in quantumville. (Added link about "Maxell's demon", ZYD)

and strongly recommend it.

As for Neurology and “magic” anyone who is seriously examining such things as the topic of this thread, should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the ideas covered in this book:

Sleights of Mind by Stephen Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde. This book is written by two professional neurologists and deals with how the brain is bamboozled by stage magicians. (Added link to this post, ZYD)

Which happens to be a very good read also.

Well that is about all that I can put into this now, too much time has already gone into thinking out the post above.

• Like 3

The issue I had with "TheSunTheMoonTheStars" was his reporting that he was invisible to the "White Shirt" because of his ability to become invisible at will to the "White Shirt." I challenged that because I know that is going to happen for one second. If he wasn't seen at the debriefing he would have been marked absent and written up.

I am not arguing about about the existense of "chi." As you have mentioned, it has been called by different names. I can feel "chi" when I play the 108 Forms of Classical Wu Tai Chi. The chi I feel is the circulation of the energy flow when I use my abdomen and back muscles to drive the postures. But in acutal hand to hand combat, it does not give me a leg up on the other guy. I am just more aligned and balanced because the fluidity of my technique. I have seen many so called practioners on Youtube that say they can make people fall down from a distance because of their mastery over chi. I just say that it is intertain for a few moments, and then go on to something more interesting. In Win Chun, I was able to hold back five guys from moving me, not because I had magical powers, but because I was grounded, and my arms where in a triangle posture at 45 degress which is the strongest technique to use. This is a matter of physics. Just look at our bridges. What pattern do you see? What is supporting the trellises.

i think the part where the whole 'chi' issue gets interesting and diverges from scientific understanding is when you can feel energy external to your physical body. ie you have a field around you and can directly percieve objects that come in and out of it. how energy is resonating beyond your limbs with certain movements in internal arts etc. not sure how common this is, but was true for myself not long after starting meditation etc. seems that with further cultivation and refinement this field expands and you can also 'read' energy in it more precisely.

the idea in buddhism (at least some branches) is that this ability to percieve energy directly is a primary tool for understanding how this 'reality' is just a bunch of energetic processes and breaking your attachments to it. when someone gets angry at you, instead of 'they're mad at me' it's more 'oh i can feel a bunch of energy coming off this person' which in turn is triggering some type of energy within yourself. hopefully there's less of a reaction that way, it's being more mindful of what's happening at an energetic level. more advanced people would be able to feel energy directly within the other persons body in the first place, knowing exactly what to expect. so it isn't that a person is a dick etc but they have lots of cold aversion energy in their liver, for example. it's easy to take things less personally when you can feel directly whats going on. it might be a bit of a stretch for less developed people to believe, but that's how it works.

• Like 3

Addendum: By critical thinker do you mean do I argue my point as if writing a thesis for my Ph.D. No. But I do express my observations, analysis, experience, reflections, and reasoning through deductive reasoning which is what I do as Licenced Clinical Professional Counselor. I cannot use Inductive reasoning when helping a depressed client. I can use Inductive reasoning if I am running an experiment. I can predict, based on my 16 years in business mangement and 23 years in the field of Mental Helath, human behavior. I use reason, experience, and intuition to predict outcomes.

My philosophy is knowledge is power and truth is in behavior not intent.

In my business success in turning failing operations around I used Situational Management. In predicting outcomes, I used statistical analysis and watched trends...my trends. My success in getting people free from the Bondage of Self, I shared my experience, strenght, and hope with them. But the real key, is knowing yourself, because in knowing yourself, you know others. We are all basiscally the same when it comes to core values, feelings, and cognition. If you want  Philosophy, "I think therefore I am," and I use my head.

JD  :)

Wilfred, I agree with you. There have been times when I will be with a client who is hiding behind a facade. I am feeling negative on the inside. I think it is me, and it is confusing because there are no negative thoughts within me. But yet, I am picking up on something. But when the client finally comes out from behind their flat affect and talks about what is on their mind, then I connect the dots. I picked up on their negativity.

When my wife goes off to work, I am no longer aware of her aura. The house does not feel the same without her around. One of the reasons I do not like going to bed at night sometimes (I sleep in my own bedroom, she sleeps in her bedroom) is that sleep comes on and I am no longer concsciously aware of her. I intellectually know that she is in the next room. But there is a wall and door between us. It cuts down on the vibrations.

When I played racket ball in the 70's, I could sense where my opponent was at all times. I remember serving him a vrey powerful drive shot. I wanted to set up a kill shot. I was looking forward. I heard the ball come off his racket. He was aiming for my buttock. He wanted me out of the middle. So, he was going to play dirty. The second his ball came off the racket, I stayed in the middle, while leaning to my left while in a deep horse stance. The ball went wizzing by just over my right thigh, off the front wall...low enough for me to kill the ball and make the point. I was always aware of where the walls were, and where my opponent was.

But I think that everybody has this ability. They just have to pay attention and maybe develope it. Maybe...

JD   <_<

• Like 1

Wilfred, I agree with you. There have been times when I will be with a client who is hiding behind a facade. I am feeling negative on the inside. I think it is me, and it is confusing because there are no negative thoughts within me. But yet, I am picking up on something. But when the client finally comes out from behind their flat affect and talks about what is on their mind, then I connect the dots. I picked up on their negativity.

When my wife goes off to work, I am no longer aware of her aura. The house does not feel the same without her around. One of the reasons I do not like going to bed at night sometimes (I sleep in my own bedroom, she sleeps in her bedroom) is that sleep comes on and I am no longer concsciously aware of her. I intellectually know that she is in the next room. But there is a wall and door between us. It cuts down on the vibrations.

When I played racket ball in the 70's, I could sense where my opponent was at all times. I remember serving him a vrey powerful drive shot. I wanted to set up a kill shot. I was looking forward. I heard the ball come off his racket. He was aiming for my buttock. He wanted me out of the middle. So, he was going to play dirty. The second his ball came off the racket, I stayed in the middle, while leaning to my left while in a deep horse stance. The ball went wizzing by just over my right thigh, off the front wall...low enough for me to kill the ball and make the point. I was always aware of where the walls were, and where my opponent was.

But I think that everybody has this ability. They just have to pay attention and maybe develope it. Maybe...

JD   <_<

absolutely, on one level everyone is already 'aware' of everything but not mindful enough of things to be conscious of it. it's a faculty of mind my teacher calls 'direct perception' and can require quite a bit of training to bring online. different people have different degrees of clutter to clear before they'll feel much energy. or a certain amount of vital energy required to raise their mindfulness up.

without getting too esoteric, experience with the part of us that's already aware of everything (stillness, emptyness, clear light etc) is another thing that can help boot up this perception faculty. once that can be noticed and identified as the constant, the gaps between and details of everything else become much more clear.

there's also the idea that at its sqaure root all energy breaks down into elements and it's important to train the mind to be able to discern these different elements and their corresponding qualities. not totally unlike learning a language, in fact. this is a foundation for vipassana practice when it comes to investigating the nature of mind/reality.

• Like 1

When I was in my 20's I lived a life where "my jar" filled up with negativity, while my Sentinel who was suppose to be guarding the door to my unconscious fell asleep on the job. Of course, alcohol and Pot did not help as filters either. It took me about 10 years to clean house, and then day to day watchfull mindfullness to keep the store room clean of debris.

What I am saying is it takes a lot of energy to keep what we have done and failed to do under control. But it eventually becomes an exercise in trying to keep four balloons under water. It just cannot be done.

So, the sensitivity to my body system, and my feelings, and my thoughts, and awareness of chi are unencumbered by the toxic energy I onced had. I am free.

Now the meridians can be blocked by physical problems. I hear that accupuncture works to get the flow going. I use to use Accupressure points in helping clients to eliminate pain and stress. But my wife put the "cabosh" on that before we got married.

No touch therapy she said. And I said, O.K.

JD   :)

JD

TheSunTheMoonTheStars forgot to mention he is charging $700 if you want to learn. I like to play with energy, but not for $700.

So there's that.

• Like 2

TheSunTheMoonTheStars forgot to mention he is charging $700 if you want to learn. I like to play with energy, but not for $700.

So there's that.

He also will not identify who he is, unlike other legitimate teachers that advertise their classes on this forum. I would ask that he come forward and describe in detail his list of questions that he asked me in our email exchange so that others will know beforehand without surprise. He needs to explain his motives behind such questions. I refused to answer the questions given the inappropriate nature of such a request. After all, this is just another Qigong method.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 4

I thought this guy's motves were dishonest? I have worked in the past extensively with prison inmates, gang bangers, drug dealers, prostitutes, con artists, thieves, murders, child molesters, and such...and have developed a sensing for the criminal element. That is how it is that I got on this guy and came at him "hard" because I read his game. I wanted to say in my first post addressing his claim:

BUSTED!

But I wanted to be polite.

• Like 3

Yeh, well there you have it. Truth is in behavior. We are not here to market and sell anything.

JD

Just so persons posting here are aware of this, I will post later on the questions he asked of me. Did anyone else make inquiries to this person?

the fact the OP wants a large sum of money in exchange for their information and this is their first thread on the forums does not paint them in a good light. it would be best if anyone trying to sell something is up front about it.

• Like 4

You mean to people like for example scammers...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzgdLHPehM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MpzKb-o6M

Just watched those two videos and I noticed the manipulation of the dice at the craps table by the invisible man. If that is the case why does our invisible man need 700.00 when he has the option of going to Las Vegas and becoming fabulously wealthy. :lol:

Could be used at the craps table, poker or any number of games. Instead he claims to be working twelve hour shifts. Superpowers are just not what they used to be. :(

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3