Owledge

Feeling emotions from future experiences

I think there's a word for this, but I can't think of it right now. Maybe you can tell me.

Sometimes my mood changes, to pleasant or unpleasant, and I experience a different emotional state without any discernible cause, without being able to explain where it's coming from, and then, minutes or an hour later, I unexpectedly experience that which would cause such emotions, what would justify them, without that event being brought about by actions resulting from that emotional state, so basically it seems like my emotions sometimes precede the events that would cause them.

It seems totally disconnected from the conscious mind. It's not even like having a hunch that something good or bad is about to happen. It's purely emotional.

Any thoughts on that?

Is a hunch maybe just this for someone who has learned to interpret it as a sign of things to come?

I guess the more mind-focused version of this phenomenon would be called premonition.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Yes, I know what you're talking about. It's not unusual for people that are open in a psychic sense.

Where this takes the form of intense foreboding, seeing "omens" everywhere etc, it is recommendable for the sufferer to take the Bach Flower remedy Aspen for a while. Probably along with a few others to cover what else may be contributing to the condition. Best to talk to an experienced Bach Flower therapist for that.

... premonition.

Yeah, that's the word that came to my mind while reading the post.

But then, it could be schizophrenia.

i think a lot of it is to do with karma fruiting, which can seemingly have no present cause (its just the conintual backlog being cleared) and our reality is very being shaped by what is going on in the heart, the base of our consciousness. so things happening are as much about things starting to appear a certain way than randomness. it's an intertwining, often self-renewing process. eg you feel like shit and things unfold in such a way that you have a bad day. they go from bad worse while that feeling is being worked through. it's manifesting through our reality and there's correlation at an energetic level. you're experiencing the effects of whatever caused a particular outcome and in the background there's always this resonance. i think the path is very much about becoming mindful of this process, at increasingly subtle levels.

Just putting this out there... the state of a person's gut affects a huge amount of their day to day mental-emotional states. Your body is something like 90% other organisms, and only 10% is your cells, by DNA. My mood can change on a dime if I eat the right or wrong food, but it has taken me years to develop that kind of body awareness.

It's not all biochemistry and physical stuff. There's the psychic level too which can impact things. The gut plays a huge role though, so much so that my sense is that the vast majority of mental health problems in our society are related to it.

@Orion

Just not really related to this specific phenomenon.

(But yeah, it's a 'common' view that digestion is a major influence on health.)

Professor Kater Murch at Washington University has found that by knowing the future outcome of a particle, its state in the past is altered. 

Without knowing the information, the state is more likely to remain the same.

In other words, knowing future events can change the past.

If this proves true in our 'classical' world, it would mean that what we're doing now has been influenced by the decision made by a future version of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2946445/Can-past-changed-FUTURE-Bizarre-quantum-experiment-suggests-time-run-backwards.html

• Like 1

Professor Kater Murch at Washington University has found that by knowing the future outcome of a particle, its state in the past is altered. 

Without knowing the information, the state is more likely to remain the same.

In other words, knowing future events can change the past.

If this proves true in our 'classical' world, it would mean that what we're doing now has been influenced by the decision made by a future version of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2946445/Can-past-changed-FUTURE-Bizarre-quantum-experiment-suggests-time-run-backwards.html

Sounds very logically flawed to me, but hey, crazy science. What the mind makes out of things it can't quite explain is sometimes funny, believing it is in control.

(E.g. since when is the present person knowing the future the same as the future person?)