Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Kriyas

The above account is from someone who reinvented the wheel on her own, and thus had a more difficult time. Learning Kunlun, one expects the kriyas, is fine with them, knows how to ground and to control the process, so it's a much easier affair than she went through most likely.

Thank you for posting this, gonna read the rest of the article at home .. my taichi teacher told me i had to be carefull with extreme yin excercises (kunlun fe.) as there is a posibility they can cause somekind of spams. Since then im looking more info about unvoluntary movement .. not during but mainly after practice in everyday life.

Thanx, really.

When I first started seated meditations I experienced spasms similar, but not as bad as the article. Also, creepy crawly itching. It was very distracting, even frightening. It took a few weeks, but they finally subsided to an occasional twitch or itch. I don't know if I have experienced any "awakening" though.

Wow, AWESOME site!!! :blink:

BTW, a Buddhist Lama recently said that his brain wave patterns during bliss matched those of epilepsy. Which is interesting because epileptic seizures could possibly be described as a form of kriyas.

Well, spontaneous kriyas, mudras & asanas...oh my! It's really amazing how automatic and universal these experiences are... :D

BTW, a Buddhist Lama recently said that his brain wave patterns during bliss matched those of epilepsy. Which is interesting because epileptic seizures could possibly be described as a form of kriyas.

Vortex,

Have you checked out the www.biologyofkundalini.com site .Kundalini & epileptic 'kindling ' are mentioned somewhere in it. You might find it interesting.

Personally, I sometimes get a usually gentle undulation of the spine in meditation, but only when Im very deep ,& 'sensitive' to it. I cant recall it being forceful at any point, & I can easily repress it if I want to. Though I have had a nasty experience in the past that began as mild Kriya after an Iyengar yoga class, & then erupted into some kind of spasm or locking up of my midsection. Most un-fun :(

Regards, Cloud :)

When I first started seated meditations I experienced spasms similar, but not as bad as the article. Also, creepy crawly itching. It was very distracting, even frightening. It took a few weeks, but they finally subsided to an occasional twitch or itch. I don't know if I have experienced any "awakening" though.

Interestingly in the Kunlun book lists itchy skin as one of the signs that your practice is working.

All internal work and meditation you get itchy skin and feel as if things are crawling on you, its part of your body getting sensitive to the chi around the body that is moving and you feel it! <_<

Interesting comments regarding epilepsy.

In his book, "The Idiot", Dostoevsky describes the experience of an epilectic seizure as a state of "escstasy". Dostoevsky was epilectic himself, and knew this from experience.

Have you checked out the www.biologyofkundalini.com site .Kundalini & epileptic 'kindling ' are mentioned somewhere in it. You might find it interesting.
Cool site, thanks!

And here is Bradford Keeney on the similarities between ecstatic bliss, epilepsy and Pentacostal rapture:

if you go to Africa, they know that when the spirit grabs you, when the ancestral spirits come upon you-and this results in uncontrollable shaking, the sort that you can be sent to an emergency room here for and given medical intervention. People think you're having an epileptic seizure, or that you're going psychotic.

In Africa, they believe the spirit has entered the body. Now, among the Zulu, they actually go live in a community of traditional shamans or healers and every day, they wake you with the drums and you dance. They teach you how to allow the spirit to settle in the body. Well, you know this has gone way past a Pentecostal church.

So I got the book, "Shaking Medicine" that Ken Cohen endorsed. I'll read it over the holidays and report back.

So I got the book, "Shaking Medicine" that Ken Cohen endorsed. I'll read it over the holidays and report back.

Hi Yoda,

Funny, I was just on his site tonight as some people have been talking about it for a while on a Kundalini group site I am on. Here is the website:

http://www.shakingmedicine.com/shaking-med...ng-medicine.php

Not sure if you have seen it or if someone posted it here before. Lots of stuff in there if you look around.

Best,

Matt

Sign in to follow this