Sign in to follow this  
InnerQiMedicine

A journey of a thousand miles... What too cliche?

Hi moderator, 

I discovered this sight through my ex girlfriend who was really focused on the AYP, advanced yoga practices forum for years. 

I am a little old asian man at heart, so she thought this forum would be more my speed. I practice, and teach Tai chi, Qi Gong, Breathwork and Meditation. The I Ching has been a close friend for years and I practice tonic herbalism. Still, I find it very challenging to find clear info about inner alchemy. Hopefully this sight will help!

My site is www.innerqimedicine.com

Thanks for doing what you do here

Brian Ritter

• Like 4

Hello InnerQiMedicine, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Brian,

You have a wise girlfriend.  You should listen to her more often.

But I'm not a Moderator - just part of the Welcome Committee.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Glad to have you onboard.  It'd be great to have your input on tonic herbalism.  I'd love to see an indepth thread on seasonal tonics, ie what to make now that'll be for ready and handy for the fall kinds of things. 

and that reminds me.  I've got some Pine Pollen tincture I've been ignoring lately..  two dropperfuls under the tongue. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Welcome, Brian!

I'm already looking forward to your input on tonic herbalism. There's an itinerant herbalist comes through here once a year, teaches us about the herbs, lets us smell and taste them, then will do a quick pulse reading and custom design us a bag of herbs to cook. Last year was my first experience with this approach, and this year I'm having the same positive response, so I'm very interested in learning more!

• Like 3

In the work you have outlined that you teach the inner alchemy will reveal itself quit clearly as you really grasp the practice of breathing into the lower dan Tien.

It is often the case that we hear this, learn this and even teach this but do not really truely practice this. It is the root - it could be easily said to be the higher not lower center. None of the centers should be qualified - but insofar as inner alchemy - within your outlined practices this is key to understanding intimately what will unfold gracefully from these practices.

It is also easy to be in a somewhat or complete trance state in tai chi and this is not helpful in understanding the inner alchemy and it can transfer over to your practice of Qi Gong.

On a cheerful note - "understanding" in advance what is to take place in "inner alchemy" can be a considerable block to the actual unveiling of it. If you are out of trance and breathing into the lower dan Tien in all of the forms and in all of the parts of the forms - the refining aspects of these practices - inner, outer and in between - will make themselves evident.

Even when you are meditating on the middle or upper dan Tien - the breath and base is from the LDT. This basis will clarify heart and head issues. Your tendency is to carry a considerable energy in the heart and interestingly in the arms as well - and much of it about 8-12 inches out into your aura in a red-violet in these areas.

Your dog enjoys this energy very much.

Edited by Spotless

Sign in to follow this