meeks

Has anyone had a personal experience with any of the Hindu Deities?

6 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Anything worth noting about your breakfast, three days prior to today?

It was delicious :) 

• Haha 1

I had some, all of them positive, when I did a yoga in my teenage years. Though they and some other gods were interesting, bhakti yoga didn't feel like my thing intuitively. I could have made inroads into it quite easily from that opportunity. It seems to come more naturally to other people, I'm much more introverted.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Then welcome to your delicious breakfast routine for eternity!

There is only the present moment, eternally :) 

I would wish you freedom for all eternity too, but I suspect that you might not want such a freedom yet...

21 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I have had experiences with a few Hindu deities myself.

Andddddddddd............ 

7 minutes ago, dwai said:

There is only the present moment, eternally :) 

I would wish you freedom for all eternity too, but I suspect that you might not want such a freedom yet...

It is sad to me @dwai that you do not even realize your greed.

Just now, whitesilk said:

It is sad to me @dwai that you do not even realize your greed.

Sorry you lost me. You do realize that I didn't mean "eternal omelette eating" right? ;) 

1 minute ago, dwai said:

Sorry you lost me. You do realize that I didn't mean "eternal omelette eating" right? ;) 

There went IHOP's security blanket. :(

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dwai said:

It’s the same routine for me - an omelette and a cup of tea ;) 

What kind of tea? This should determine your level of possession. 

• Haha 2

Isn't it all meant to be found within?

When I appeared before him (Sri Ramana Maharshi),

the Maharshi asked, 'Where have you been? Where are you living?'

'On the other side of the mountain,' I replied. 

'And what were you doing there?' he enquired.

He had given me my cue.

'I was playing with my Krishna,' I said, in a very smug tone of voice.

I was very proud of my achievement and felt superior to the Maharshi because I was absolutely convinced that Krishna had not appeared to him during that period.

'Oh, is that so?' he commented, looking surprised and interested. 'Very good, very nice. Do you see Him now?'

'No, sir, I do not,' I replied. 'I only see Him when I have visions.'

I was still feeling very pleased with myself, feeling that I had been granted these visions, whereas the Maharshi had not. 

'So Krishna comes and plays with you and then He disappears,' said the Maharshi. 'What is the use of a God who appears and disappears? If He is a real God, He must be with you all the time.' 

The Maharshi's lack of interest in my visionary experiences deflated me a little, but not to the extent that I was willing to listen to his advice. He was telling me to give up my search for an external God and instead find the origin and identity of the one who wanted to see Him. This was too much for me to swallow. A lifetime of devotion to Krishna had left me incapable of conceiving the spiritual quest in any other terms than that of a quest for a personal God

- Papaji 

From the biography of H.W.L. Poonja aka Papaji 
"Nothing Ever Happened" 
by David Godman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Isn't it all meant to be found within?

Yes, it is all within but it can still be shared.

• Like 2

I often focus on one of the Hindu goddesses... Guess on which one! :D

And it gives me a sense of peace and harmony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

Oh, is that so?' he commented, looking surprised and interested. 'Very good, very nice. Do you see Him now?'

In the context of what I shared earlier I would have replied No sir, I feel her with me at all times, strange that you do not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

What kind of tea? This should determine your level of possession. 

I only drink a very “lowly and strong black tea” 🤔😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

In the context of what I shared earlier I would have replied No sir, I feel her with me at all times, strange that you do not.

Do you consider her to be external to yourself though always present, or your Self visualised as Kali/Shakti?

2 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Do you consider her to be external to yourself though always present,

It is more like a symbiotic merging that occurred a few years back and always present. For example Raven haired white, white skin, flashing Green eyes. As I type this twisting out of my body and looking at me personality felt.

There has never been a moment of visualization. In the beginning prior to becoming curios and searching for answers I had no idea what to visualize. Only saw what came to me.  Now that I know the many artistically depicted forms of the divine feminine they do not matter. 

Later many things were verified as the divine changed my life and re situated everything with a human female of her choosing. A living incarnation of the Mother if you will.

Her avatar in the form of my lady is no different and she whom I have described predated my meeting her human incarnation or avatar if you will.

• Like 3

I just feel they're always with me. How can they not be? I have pictures plastered all over my work cubicle, all over the house, plus I have my shrine, and even in my truck. They send help even when I don't ask for it. They send inspiration. I've been protected. But it's all subtle and on the d.l. from them, nothing overt like visions or voices. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jainarayan said:

I just feel they're always with me. How can they not be? I have pictures plastered all over my work cubicle, all over the house, plus I have my shrine, and even in my truck. They send help even when I don't ask for it. They send inspiration. I've been protected. But it's all subtle and on the d.l. from them, nothing overt like visions or voices. 

It has allot to do with practice and the changes to your receptivity, your ability to recognize what is, the changes in your nature as Karmic traces are released and comprehension of the way things work experientially

The BON Tradition and the Kriya Tradition lay it out pretty well. I like to say if you put sand paper in your hand and you sand the wood what are you more amazed by?

1. There is sawdust

Or

2. There is no saw dust

Which is more amazing?

When I state that they are always felt or as you have said always with me all I have to do is pay attention to that feeling go inwards and then I see. It is not a act of visualization but rather an act of allowing what is to enter perception and take form of its own.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 3

On 2/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, neti neti said:

Once upon a time sitting alone breathing in darkness, silent, water cup in hand, a visionary quest began. As I soared through the cosmos I seemed to reach a limit. Space suddenly became radiant, unimaginable colors alive in glittery unison. A larger than life prehistoric-sized king cobra emerged from that background as if it were there all along... camouflaged, exposing itself ever so slightly from within the background upon which it seemed to be pressing into... toward me. Almost like it didn't want to completely terrify me at first, until at last it towered before me in all of its majesty. Could this have been a naga anyone? Perhaps one of Shiva's friends? Kundalini?

There was no fear, just awe, reverence... respect. It seemed amused I'd stumbled upon the outskirts of its realm. With just an instant of wondering what or who this fantastic being was, I was granted the gift of partaking of its energy. Raw, laser-like instinct, ancient primal intelligence.. The king cobra's hood fully exposed, it swayed back and forth ever so gently with huge flashing eyes fixed on my mind's eye. It began pulsating, and with each throb I was charged by lightning flashes of pure bliss, each time echoing an enormous snapping sound, like a cracking whip reverberating with the shaking of rattlers, as if the thunders of the universe were erupting in my being and trailing off into the distance. There was an underlying current of knowledge in these blasts of cosmic energy..."with great power, comes great responsibility."

A choice was placed before me. A ladder of sorts, stairs made of the most glorious ultraviolet static, at the top shone a light too overwhelming to peer beyond. I sensed that if I were to continue ascending, there would indeed be no return...

As I returned to my body there was only that piercing gaze flashing in my field of vision until all faded to black again... breathing, darkness, silence, water cup in hand.

In my current experience: I am attempting to push my way into the earths 4th chk. The gate guardian (deliberately being nondescript, at this point in the process). The gate guardian seams to be forcing me to become clear on my Hindu, incites. In other words because the head(focus) of 3rd earth chk is in the hands of Hindu's (according to me, 'having recently passed through it), I need to present to him a clear understanding of what they teach before he will allow me to enter the 4th earth chk. Still working on my understanding the dule verses the non dule, etc... The point is that I reread this thread, after posting my experience/initiation while in the earths 1st chk, and I realized that your post indicates to my understanding that you passed a slimier initiation to mine. So big congratulations. :)

Earth chakras expanded view

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/49261-earth-chakras/

Edited by mrpasserby
added contant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Background: I am currently pushing my way into the earths 4th chk. The gate guardian (deliberately being non nondescript, at this point in the process). The gate guardian seams to be forcing me to become clear on my Hindu, incites. In other words because the head(focus) of 3rd earth chk is in the hands of Hindu's (according to me, 'having recently passed through it), I need to present to him a clear understanding of what they teach before he will allow me to enter the 4th earth chk. Still working on my understanding the dule verses the non dule, etc... The point is that I reread this thread, after posting my experience/initiation while in the earths 1st chk, and I realized that your post indicates to my experience that you passed a slimier same initiation to mine. So big congratulations. :)

Earth chakras expanded view

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/49261-earth-chakras/

If it was indeed an initiation of sorts, what do you think about my seemingly complete inability to even take an initial stride towards the first step of the ladder?

It wasn't fear, but a real sense of it not being possible to return to awareness of my physical form as I know it. The consequences of the decision seemed very plain and straightforward. It felt very much more along the lines of a warning, as if I had stumbled upon something quite forbidden. Like the real test was beyond a point of no return. :)

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neti neti said:

If it was indeed an initiation of sorts, what do you think about my seemingly complete inability to even take an initial stride towards the first step of the ladder?

It wasn't fear, but a real sense of it not being possible to return to awareness of my physical form as I know it. The consequences of the decision seemed very plain and straightforward. It felt very much more along the lines of a warning, as if I had stumbled upon something quite forbidden. Like the real test was beyond a point of no of no return. :)

'It wasn't fear, but a real sense of it not being possible to return to awareness of my physical form as I know it.'

It realy sounds like you passed the initiation and the test to me.

Why? because these things are Subtle, all is balanced, your desire to try along with your courage to face the snake, sounds like enough.

It also sounds like you got the upgrade/a quickening in your spirit, which is normal if you passed.

Like me entering the 4th earth chk, the gate keeper said straight up 'you are not ready' Now I am working to get ready, it could take weeks months years.

'Like the real test was beyond a point of no of no return'

In my experience: that is exactly what crossing the abyss feels like.

:)

P.s. I didn't want to be discouraging, but felt that I should mention that just before I cross over like into the 4th earth chk., I leave a note or a post, just encase I don't make it back to my physical form.

Edited by mrpasserby
added Post script
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2016 at 12:45 AM, meeks said:

I was wondering if anyone would be open to sharing some personal experiences with any of the Hindu Deities while meditating (or as part of their daily routine).

I'll start by sharing this one that happened a few months ago (which is why I started looking around and was referred to this web forum).

I had a sudden draw to find a Hindu temple to meditate at (rather than meditating at home each night) - turns out there's a Krishna temple about 10 minutes from my place. I emailed them for permission to meditate there before work and they readily invited me to come by any time (they open around 5am). So I started going there before work, around 5:30am and meditating for just over an hour each time. I could feel the presence of some (but not all) of the statues in the temple. The front of the temple has Lord Krishna, Goddess Raddha (his consort), the right side has Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathi (his consort), Lord Ganesh, the left side of the temple has Lord Hanuman, Lord Balram, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi (his consort).

That morning Lord Shiva had started working on me while I meditated (I think I was about a month into meditating at that temple, he had come to me the night before during a meditation and introduced himself to me). At the same time his wife (I did not know who she was at the time since she hadn't made her presence known to me yet and I was relatively new to the temple) started working on me in parallel with his efforts - I could also feel the amazing love the 2 of them shared with each other. Essentially, Lord Ganesh was behind me, Lord Shiva to my right and Goddess Parvathi to my left. 

In my inner vision I could see a red ball, the size of a ping pong ball, inside my head. A stem sprouted from it and began pushing through my forehead from the inside. The sensation was so intense I was gritting my teeth, but I just focused on trying to relax and not fight it. Suddenly the energetic stem pushed its way through my forehead and I could perceive a crimson flower bud through my forehead - but it didn't stop there.... the flower dialed open into a beautiful blossom... I could feel so much energy emanating from my body. I heard the Goddess Parvathi tell me to sit up on my knees, so I changed from a cross legged position. She then told me to hold my hands up, palms out, with the fingers of my left hand pointing to the floor, right hand fingers pointing to the ceiling.  "Did I hear you correctly?" I confirmed, since they'd never asked me to use a hand position before. "yes" she said. So I put my hands in that position, and suddenly I perceived a red flower grow from each palm, the same as the one I perceived from my forehead.

I could see the Goddess Parvathi reach into my head and touch the center (the pineal gland?) with her finger and all the energy 'collapsed' into a serene stillness, like a ripple extending from the center of a lake - I didn't realize how intense it was until everything fell still. I heard her say "that's better - it was getting too intense" and my body went from rigid to relaxed (again, didn't realize how intense it was).

I went to work and googled her, trying to figure out who she was (Like I said, at the time she hadn't introduced herself to me, and this was my first 'known' meditation with Lord Shiva. I found a picture of her online, and there it was, an image of a Goddess with a red rose on her forehead/3rd eye, and 1 in each palm, in the same position she had me place my palms in. Needless to say my mind was quite blown by the image of her, and the experience.

Lord Hanuman is inter-organizational.  He not part of the illusion office. He (and his clones) are not "overly bad". He can't be "called". I found out that Lord Shiva(his name is Matthew" is not a great demon either. All of these people, under normal circumstances, could not be called up.

Try calling your Elders. Elders on this planet are usually long-armed humans. These are the people that the highest in your blood family line.