Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Atomic energy kit for kids !

Atomic_Energy_Lab_Ad_MFoster.png

The Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab is a toy lab set that was produced by Alfred Carlton Gilbert, who was an American athlete, magician, toy-maker, business man and inventor of the well-known Erector Set. The U-238 Atomic Energy Lab was released by the A.C. Gilbert Company in 1950. This lab's intention was to allow children to create and watch chemical reactions using radioactive material.

The lab contained a cloud chamber that allowed the viewer to watch alpha particles travel at 12,000 miles per second, a spinthariscope that showed the results of radioactive disintegration on a fluorescent screen and an electroscope that measured the radioactivity of different substances that were in the set.

• Like 4

Wow, giving kids the chance to be the last on there block to split the atom.  

I'll give'em credit for one thing though.  They dreamed big in those days.  We've lost some of that.. to a thousand distractions.

• Like 4

reminds me of trying to get my chemistry teacher to let me do a hydrogen explosion for my class presentation experiment :D

(half a test tube of it is a cool little explosion, I wouldnt say its dangerous hehehehe)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this