Sign in to follow this  
sketchbo0k

Practicing in Lucid Dreaming

I am currently using my imagination whilst sparing (Bagua) because I currently know none whereI am residing. While imagining an attack and responding to it physically does help me, I am wondering if sparring whilst lucid dreaming would help at all.

What do you guys think?

When I could not walk, I would play the old Kung Fu forms in my mind, first as a way to alleviate boredom and to escape the constant pain.  Eventually I continued because it was the only way I could still play the forms.

While the muscles would not be worked, it turns out the pathways of energy did not realize it was 'fantasy' and responded accordingly. 

For some months a couple of years ago, as I would lay down to sleep every night, I would work a form in my mind as vividly as I could imagine, with the intention of playing Qi Gong lucidly in the dream state.  Some weeks into the practice, I became lucid and had this experience.

* I became lucid with the realization that energy was flowing freely and with strength along the Du/Ren channels.  After some time in this state, I became disassociated with my dream body and yet maintained full awareness and sensation of the flowing energy within my dream body.  I realized I was now looking at myself from outside.  I was staring at my own body (even as I could feel the MCO flowing in it), my dream body was seated inside an egg, that egg was housed in the trunk of a friendly old tree.*

Dream work is invaluable in my experience.  I have learned things of myself in the dreamscapes, that are as impacting, enlightening and valuable as anything I have experienced in what we collectively call the 'waking life'.

I wish you vivid journeys.

• Like 4

I am currently using my imagination whilst sparing (Bagua) because I currently know none whereI am residing. While imagining an attack and responding to it physically does help me, I am wondering if sparring whilst lucid dreaming would help at all.

What do you guys think?

Yes, practicing during lucid dreaming is very valuable in my opinion. 

There are no restrictions in the dream so you have the opportunity to try some new things and expand your horizons.

• Like 3

You can use lucid dreaming to burn away traces of karma (dream yoga is the precursor to western lucid dreaming practices) - defragmentation if you will. It will generally help your practice by making your mind clearer and removing negative ingrained reactions. Clarity.

• Like 1

I believe in what Anadi has said about lucid dreams - waste of time. Sleep is for sleeping.

http://anaditeaching.com/samadhi-in-sleep-the-art-of-falling-asleep-consciously/

Funny stuff....I actually had my kundalini energy rising experience when I was 18, after waking up from a dream.  :)  Is a shame that some sees sleep is for sleeping, not for mind and enlightenment transmission.  I actually entered into a deep Samadhi once during my morning dream vision sequence.  Unbelievable experience....it gave me a taste of what is to come maybe when I am about to leave this world behind.....

• Like 1

Initially I was going to warn about becoming too obsessed with your practice (which means I'd kind of be agreeing with Kubba). But there's been such a positive response to giving it a go that I've now changed my mind. It's almost tempted me to get back into lucid dreaming myself...

Funny stuff....I actually had my kundalini energy rising experience when I was 18, after waking up from a dream. :) Is a shame that some sees sleep is for sleeping, not for mind and enlightenment transmission. I actually entered into a deep Samadhi once during my morning dream vision sequence. Unbelievable experience....it gave me a taste of what is to come maybe when I am about to leave this world behind.....

When it happends spontaneously then great. There is a reason for that. Many things happned in sleep that we don't even remember. But to force it? For what reason? Maybe I don't understand it fully.

Edited by Kubba

When it happends spontaneously then great. There is a reason for that. Many things happned in sleep that we don't even remember. But to force it? For what reason? Maybe I don't understand it fully.

Forcing what?  Mind to mind transmission and enlightenment?  You can't.  Much less so in thinking you have full controls of your dreams.  In dreams, our power of consciousnesses becomes weak.  You can influence your dream sequence and events.  You can not change the background or the contextual setting of the dream itself because they are products of your karma.....  Any changes would be gradual and extremely subtle......  

There have been studies which indicate that 25% physical activity and 75% visualization, in this case lucid dreaming, is the most beneficial method one can use. And if you're skeptical about this statement, a simple Google search is all you need. Lucid dreaming, and especially WILDs (Wake Induced Lucid Dreams) is one of the best things our mind has to offer.

And keep in mind:

Sleep is a dream we share with ourselves and reality a dream we share with everybody! 

Edited by Lao Sun Tao
  • Like 2

One time during a lucid dream I decided to do a chakra/energy meditation. It was probably the most intense energetic experience I've had. It was more amplified than in the physical for sure!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this