C T

Database error

Im getting notification "There appears to be an error with the database" and unable to access most topics and contents. Anyone else have the same issue? 

• Like 2

Same for me earlier, but seems to be back to normal at the moment. :) 

• Like 1

I reported this problem to staff yesterday, whereupon Daeluin reported it to Sean, who fixed it once again.

We hope that it will be possible to fix it for good in the near future. :)

• Like 1

Just cleared both of my Firefox caches.  Hope I haven't erased anything important.  The offline cache was pretty large. 

Just cleared both of my Firefox caches.  Hope I haven't erased anything important.  The offline cache was pretty large. 

Yeah, sometimes we need to be brave and just do what needs be done.(And then hope for the best if we are into the hope thing.)

This is unlikely, this cached data is only meant to be temporarly stored. The worst outcome would be some frequently visited websites to appear slower than normal.

This is unlikely, this cached data is only meant to be temporarly stored. The worst outcome would be some frequently visited websites to appear slower than normal.

Didn't seem to do any harm.   Haven't had any board crashes lately, but its early to tell.

nope, been working fine for me lately. 

I wonder if Ralis and the Snake are using the same browser?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

nope, been working fine for me lately. 

I wonder if Ralis and the Snake are using the same browser?

I have six browsers and all show the same SQL error

• Like 1

Thedaobums is more offline than online lately!

Obviously you guys need to reinstall MPG's account and make him a mod so a person with actual tech ability can finally fix the problems permanently! ;)

TDB sits on a dedicated server and is maintained by Sean.   So there is nothing that even staff can do. 

What role does custom code play?  What role is it hardware vs software or both?  

IPB re-wrote the entire forum code in version IPS4 but in the process they made extensive changes to how security (ie: Local mods) are setup and operate.   We can't just jump ship to IPS4 as we might lose all our PPDs and beloved 'owners permissions'  :rolleyes:

But we're already discussing the next steps which include setting up an IPS4 to test... and even other software platforms to migrate to. 

• Like 5

Make that a week or two, trouble free as far as I know.  :).

Good job.  All praise to the High internet beings and there mysterious ways.   

two days ago it came up again,

I could enter the first page of the forum but all the rest was inaccesible

ditto

ps.. Its quite a let down that the TDB fb page is not used to update members on site works etc

Edited by C T

Yep, happened two days in a row. And now clear sailing for two days. Until recently Sean was the only one with access to resolve these issues. We have notifications to let us know, but aren't always in front of a device.

We had hoped that the latest 3.x upgrade would resolve the db error issues, but it seems we are still seeing them. Hence we are working on v4, which is a complete rewrite and has fewer features and would require someone, likely Sean, to completely re-code the theme. It is likely it will break many some of the features we use on the site, so we are exploring this, and may explore other alternatives.

In the end, what matters is: we know about the issues, we are working to resolve them in the best ways we are able under the supervision of the owners. As this is a spiritual forum, I would hope that having the site down would be encouragement for our members to flow along with their ways, rather than becoming agitated by their attachments. Nothing is permanent, all is flow, and flow is nicely supported by trust. :wub:

Vinegar_tasters.jpg

• Like 5

well, i'm not agitated, 5330231.jpg

but when we do not tell you about these errors you wouldn't know.

i happily wait for the things you computerguys come up with,

thank you

• Like 2

There is the reductionist view. Remove all bells and whistles just to achieve long term stability. Then, when things are good, slowly add a new feature every-now-and-then. The only problem is that there would have to be a significant reduction in functionality, which probably would not be that popular.

ps - thanks to all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes...

• Like 2