Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Murky Sediments

"Every stream on earth has a source, and every plant has a root. If all murky sediments settle at the source, the downstream waters will naturally be clear and fresh, and if we water a root, it will grow and branches will sprout; these are the laws of nature. The experienced physician, therefore, will always consider the source."

If all murky sediments settle at the source, the downstream waters will naturally be clear and fresh

i read this somewhere and it is confusing me, i pondered over it a little but not enough, but i also wanted to ask you people what you understand of it.

how can murky sediments be at the source and not filthify the rest of the water that goes down stream when all the water that comes from the source goes through the murky sediments?

OK

Eventually the murky water will find its lowest level and will not longer flow downward.  The sediment has not yet found its lowest level but as it drifts downward and settles it too comes to rest.

In the ocean an area can be visited where the water is crystal clear but if you go to the very bottom and make waves the energy will put the sediment into motion and the water will become murky again.

Our mind is that way too.  Much agitation and our thinking becomes murky.  We rest, meditate, and our mind again becomes clear.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this