Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Suggestion- Closing Moderation threads earlier

No biggie.  Just thinking that many threads in the Moderation Log get long and waay off subject.  Its Important to let everyone have there say, but after that maybe they should be locked earlier. 

just a suggestion,

cause its easier to suggest

then do actual work.

• Like 6

I tend to agree and we use to close them fairly quickly if for no other reason that the person is not here to defend the comments...

but when Sean last visited the Admin area, he expressed a desire to almost never lock any thread... particularly these so folks can comment.    I came up with a few times which we felt justified a lock but I have since tried to almost never lock a thread, except temporarily as it is then re-opened.

My feeling goes like this...  if we suspend... say thelerner  :ph34r:  and I lock it... the nobody can comment... and if they really wanted to know what's up, they should start a thread like "What did thelerner do this time:D .

The main issue is that members can't start a thread in subfolder Moderation Logs... but that is easy to change.

So this has been one of those items where I put aside my feeling (however strong) and try to follow something the owner has expressed.

While we could moderate the moderator logs  :huh: , it seems to really ask too much on staff.

I guess I could stop anyone from being able to post in moderation logs and leave it unlocked for appearances  :lol:

• Like 3

My feeling goes like this...  if we suspend... say thelerner  :ph34r:  and I lock it... the nobody can comment... and if they really wanted to know what's up, they should start a thread like "What did thelerner do this time:D .

Don't I already have one or two threads in the moderation log section?  If I wasn't suspended at least once for bad behavior during my long tenure here I'd be ashamed of myself.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Well, leaving it unlocked and open for posting to might actually be constructive and instructive.

Sure, the threads more often than not go off topic but there are some members who don't log on every day and when they do they see the thread, have something important (in their mind) to say about it but find it locked.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 4

Well, we could lock them a couple of days without much ado once they went off-topic. Members who feel like commenting on somebody's suspension would find them re-opened thereafter.

• Like 3

here I was ..... totally misconstruing the purpose of these threads  !       :unsure: 

pelting.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this